Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Face shields, smoked or mirrored? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=692)

z06boy 03-21-2008 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 20974)
I definitely feel the same. And if I recall correctly I think youre the one that gave the link to get it even cheaper.

Oh yea...I think I did. Cool that you like it and got a good deal. :rockout:

No Worries 03-21-2008 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becca_007 (Post 20796)
Looks like I'm late posting but I now prefer clear shields. I owned a mirrores back when I kart raced and it was cool at first but as soon as things (debris/bugs/grease) started bouncing off of it it deteriorated quickly and almost became clear. So then I switched to dark smoke. That was great until I got caught out late one night and couldn't see a tihng on the way home. So... whie I still have some smoke shields I typically use the clear and wear my sunglasses. I won't be caught with a dark shield at night, and the polarized sunglasses are better than any smoked shield anyway. Now if they come out with a polarized shield I might be in trouble :).

Smart. I always use a clear shield. Why carry a smoked shield when you can wear sunglasses? Plus, you can wear 'em when you are off the bike. At my last eye exam, the doc said I have the start of cataracts. Good sunglasses help prevent cataracts.

z06boy 03-21-2008 10:04 PM

I prefer both...sunglasses and a smoked shield during the day.

JoJoYZF 03-21-2008 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 21032)
Oh yea...I think I did. Cool that you like it and got a good deal. :rockout:

Hell yeah :beers:

The only reason I dont wear sunglasses when I ride is that I dont like how they fit under my helmet. Thats why I just go with the smoked sheild.

pickle.of.doom 03-21-2008 11:05 PM

I definitely prefer a smoked shiled over sunglasses. Nothing blocking any of your vision, nothing sitting on your face... its just a hell of a lot more effective and more comfortable. I usually always have my dk smoke and my clear on me. The new helmet with the drop down shades seem like a pretty sweet idea too though.

No Worries 03-21-2008 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom (Post 21081)
I definitely prefer a smoked shiled over sunglasses. Nothing blocking any of your vision, nothing sitting on your face... its just a hell of a lot more effective and more comfortable. I usually always have my dk smoke and my clear on me. The new helmet with the drop down shades seem like a pretty sweet idea too though.

I've worn glasses since I was 18. While everyone else looks at the artwork on different helmets, I always have to see if I can fit glasses on my nose and around my ears under the helmet. Shoei helmets have always worked for me. I can change from clear glasses to sunglasses at a traffic light. How long does it take to change shields?

Mr Lefty 03-21-2008 11:29 PM

I had a problem with my Arai shield fog'n up in the cold up in AK... so I got a Fog city insert... it's one of those photochromatic ones... goes from a light green (like a car window) to a dark blue in about 3-5sec... works great! can't fog the fuck'n thing up no matter how hard I try... and it's dark enough to ride in even the brightest of light... but clear enough to ride at night with.

you can see it on my helmet here
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/IMG_0250.jpg

Cutty72 03-21-2008 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Worries (Post 21084)
I've worn glasses since I was 18. While everyone else looks at the artwork on different helmets, I always have to see if I can fit glasses on my nose and around my ears under the helmet. Shoei helmets have always worked for me. I can change from clear glasses to sunglasses at a traffic light. How long does it take to change shields?

Dependign on the length of the light, I can change a shield at a light too.

Phenix_Rider 03-22-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 21085)
I had a problem with my Arai shield fog'n up in the cold up in AK... so I got a Fog city insert... it's one of those photochromatic ones... goes from a light green (like a car window) to a dark blue in about 3-5sec... works great! can't fog the fuck'n thing up no matter how hard I try... and it's dark enough to ride in even the brightest of light... but clear enough to ride at night with.

you can see it on my helmet here

:idk:Looks wrinkled.

Cutty72 03-22-2008 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider (Post 21152)
:idk:Looks wrinkled.

I think you are seeing the helmet graphic thru the shield. :lol: