Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How hot is too hot for you? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=8822)

tached1000rr 06-24-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 230595)
I got that jacket...pretty decent I must say. Old picture from when we first got the bikes in 07 but at least it shows the jacket.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7...D550/ry%3D400/

How tall is your wife? R6 been lowered at all?

z06boy 06-24-2009 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 230599)
How tall is your wife? R6 been lowered at all?

5'5" and yes the R6 was lowered slightly due to it having the highest in class seat height.

Her next bike will fit her better as far as seat height and will not be lowered.

Just to be clear to all that reads this...she has had NO issues riding this bike other than having to be extra careful when going over some speed bumps or entering/exiting some steep driveways.

We thought about shaving the seat and raising it back up to stock height but she hasn't warmed up to that idea as of yet.

tached1000rr 06-24-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 230604)
5'5" and yes the R6 was lowered slightly due to it having the highest in class seat height.

Her next bike will fit her better as far as seat height and will not be lowered.

Just to be clear to all that reads this...she has had NO issues riding this bike other than having to be extra careful when going over some speed bumps or entering/exiting some steep driveways.

We thought about shaving the seat and raising it back up to stock height but she hasn't warmed up to that idea as of yet.

My wife is 5'1"-5'2" at best, I've lowered both of the bikes she's ridden w/o issue and I would take both out and flog them pretty hard. She's just MUCH more confident being able to get both feet down versus only one and give where she does most of her riding (mountains) I don't blame her, if we were in Kansas or Florida perhaps but here lowering works best for her. Plus she's not going to be riding around here like Stoner or Bayliss anytime soon.

Lucky3623 06-24-2009 01:07 PM

Rode to work today... It's supposed to be in the 100's... the ride home is going to be a hot and wet one...

z06boy 06-24-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 230606)
My wife is 5'1"-5'2" at best, I've lowered both of the bikes she's ridden w/o issue and I would take both out and flog them pretty hard. She's just MUCH more confident being able to get both feet down versus only one and give where she does most of her riding (mountains) I don't blame her, if we were in Kansas or Florida perhaps but here lowering works best for her. Plus she's not going to be riding around here like Stoner or Bayliss anytime soon.

My wife was able to put both feet down on the GSXR but in 07 we didn't consider that bike...we got a deal buying two Yammy's and I was set on getting the R1 since I had owned one before and liked it.

I've caught flak about lowering the bike (online but go figure...everyone is an expert there :lol:) BUT I agree with you...she has had no issues at all either with the bike as far as riding it and she is much more confident being able to put her feet down since we have mountains not too far away from here as well. She's no Stoner or Bayliss either but has still managed to shrink her chicken strips pretty well. :lol:

101lifts2 06-24-2009 03:39 PM

Lowest Temp 49F
Highest Temp 127F

zippychickie636 06-24-2009 05:40 PM

lowest temp i rode in was 30F...oww..
highest temp so far only 90...but I loveee love loveee the heat so really there's no heat limit..has anyone else though been experiencing a shitload of rain lately?????

Digifox 06-24-2009 07:02 PM

I ride When ever i feel like it......

They day my bike...Erm..."died" out riding we had a Heat index of 98F and an Actual of i think 89-91F i was in Boots, Jeans, Textile Jacket and my Helmet....

racedoll 06-24-2009 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 230606)
Plus she's not going to be riding around here like Stoner or Bayliss anytime soon.

Not that you know of anyway! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 230716)
I've caught flak about lowering the bike (online but go figure...everyone is an expert there :lol:) BUT I agree with you...she has had no issues at all either with the bike as far as riding it and she is much more confident being able to put her feet down since we have mountains not too far away from here as well. She's no Stoner or Bayliss either but has still managed to shrink her chicken strips pretty well. :lol:

I don't see any issue with lowering the bike. My only concern would be the handling of it after it being lowered. I suppose if done properly you wouldn't know the difference. I'm all about feeling comfortable on the bike. Mine is pretty tall too and in my riding boots I look like a ballerina on my tippy toes.

Amber Lamps 06-24-2009 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 230878)
Not that you know of anyway! :)

I don't see any issue with lowering the bike. My only concern would be the handling of it after it being lowered. I suppose if done properly you wouldn't know the difference. I'm all about feeling comfortable on the bike. Mine is pretty tall too and in my riding boots I look like a ballerina on my tippy toes.

Icon to the rescue!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: