Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Need Brake Help (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14828)

Captain Morgan 05-25-2010 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 376160)
KLR is a better offroad bike, strom is a better street bike. IMO of course.

Never ridden a KLR, but would probably agree. Did some riding on VERY loose gravel/dirt roads today and it was not fun. Strom wandered all over the damn place! I would like to get some knobby tires for it sometime and see how it handles dirt and gravel with better tires.

Switch 05-25-2010 05:22 PM

Just rev the hell out of it.

the chi 05-25-2010 05:41 PM

Awesome. Just in the parking lot Im thinking. Im am so not comfortable on anything other than an upright or forward lean! :lol:

Amber Lamps 05-25-2010 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 376179)
Tony and Laura always went to Royal Blue, so that's where I went. I would be up for Windrock someday. The DRZ is not really made to ride that shit and I am green in the dirt, so I usually get hurt at some point.

Fwiw I spent a little money on suspension and a couple other upgrades. Ditched the lights, kickstand, etc and had a decent trail/track bike (with elect start)in my DRZ...

Trip 05-25-2010 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 376212)
Never ridden a KLR, but would probably agree. Did some riding on VERY loose gravel/dirt roads today and it was not fun. Strom wandered all over the damn place! I would like to get some knobby tires for it sometime and see how it handles dirt and gravel with better tires.

Anakee 2s or tourrances are good in between tires

Cruzergirl 05-25-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 376215)
Awesome. Just in the parking lot Im thinking. Im am so not comfortable on anything other than an upright or forward lean! :lol:

It really depends on the bike.

I never thought I would ride any kind of sport bike... then I rode a friend's Vmax. Sweeeeet! :rockout:

How many days 'till the rally? 8?

Captain Morgan 05-25-2010 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 376241)
Anakee 2s or tourrances are good in between tires

Cool. I'll keep that in mind when the stock TrailWings wear out later this year.

racedoll 05-26-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 375432)
Take pictures, seriously this should be good! A woman trying to fix a bike! HA! Who woulda think it!

No really good luck and try not to spill brake fluid all over

Hey! There were a few us of posting up pictures a month or so ago working on our bikes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 375449)
Good luck. If your bike is anything like mine the sparkplugs will be a much bigger pain in the ass than bleeding the brakes. My plugs are buried under all kinds of stuff. Removing all of that took longer than it should take to do a brake fluid replacement.

Mine are a bitch, but it seems like everything on my bike is a bitch.

Glad you got your brakes figure out Rae.