Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Icon Ftl!!! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1028)

p00kienrayray 04-16-2008 03:36 AM

the issue of quality among icon gear shouldn't even be brought up bc nts never commented on it to begin with. lets face it, a lot of gear out there is good stuff. i personally like that flashy bright racer look even though i've yet to hit the track. doesn't mean i'm trying to fool ppl that i race, i just think it looks damn good. same with the idea of icon and the tough guy look. some ppl don't like going out in public and have their gear scream out "hey look! i ride!"...plus a lot of that street stuff is more comfy than the race stuff.

i used to have a bias against those gay looking helmet mohawks, but now im starting to realize that everyone comes in different flavors. some fruitier than others, lol...

ceo012384 04-17-2008 11:59 PM

Yes. Icon FTL. Yes.

Rider 04-18-2008 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 33425)
Yes. Icon FTL. Yes.

I agree for the most part but you have to agree the Icon Accelerant Stealth jacket is a whole lot better than the Apinestars Boa jacket..

ceo012384 04-18-2008 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 33550)
I agree for the most part but you have to agree the Icon Accelerant Stealth jacket is a whole lot better than the Apinestars Boa jacket..

I agree that a* jacket is terrible.

The point is that Icon's entire company purpose was to make flashy gear like that when they started out. Since then they got so popular with stunters and squids that other companies started making hideous shit to try to capitalize on that part of the market. The difference is that those companies main purpose from startup was to produce quality protective gear.

Really I mostly just like hating on it because everyone gets so bent out of shape about it. Lollercoaster.

NONE_too_SOFT 04-18-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 33726)
I agree that a* jacket is terrible.

The point is that Icon's entire company purpose was to make flashy gear like that when they started out. Since then they got so popular with stunters and squids that other companies started making hideous shit to try to capitalize on that part of the market. The difference is that those companies main purpose from startup was to produce quality protective gear.

Really I mostly just like hating on it because everyone gets so bent out of shape about it. Lollercoaster.

so true. like i've said, i could care less about their gear, i've even got a pair of glvoes that i'll swear by that are icon.

you tell me A* panders to track junkies and elitists or joe rocket panders to conservative wannabes and i'll just be like "eh"... but you rip on icon and some people bring out the big guns.

Amber Lamps 04-18-2008 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 33733)
so true. like i've said, i could care less about their gear, i've even got a pair of glvoes that i'll swear by that are icon.

you tell me A* panders to track junkies and elitists or joe rocket panders to conservative wannabes and i'll just be like "eh"... but you rip on icon and some people bring out the big guns.

Oh,like who?:whistle:

the chi 04-18-2008 06:00 PM

GAWD PEOPLE, let it die already!! Either you like it, love it, hate it, whatever, WHO CARES??!!!

Amber Lamps 04-18-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rae (Post 33781)
GAWD PEOPLE, let it die already!! Either you like it, love it, hate it, whatever, WHO CARES??!!!

Hey Rae........I LOVE YOU!!!!.....

vabarber2 04-18-2008 09:08 PM

Na, not arguing, just chatting with ya hater!!

Dave 04-18-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 33784)
Hey Rae........I LOVE YOU!!!!.....

i dont think we could get a decent argument going on THAT subject :P