Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Android Version for Nexus One may change my mind about "Jumping Ship" (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14803)

Dave 06-08-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 380814)
That's worked for me from the get go.

Does yours have a shortcut for quickoffice?

pauldun170 06-08-2010 11:21 AM

So whats the deal with battery life? You have to carry the charger with you if you want to go the movies or drop something off at the post office?

derf 06-08-2010 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 380862)
So whats the deal with battery life? You have to carry the charger with you if you want to go the movies or drop something off at the post office?

No most android phones have seen complaints about battery life. It has alot to do with the fact that it is constantly searching for an update from the internet. There are ways to offset this though. I started using 2 programs juice defender (which only searches for internet updates every 3 minutes). I also use task killer which shuts off any programs I'm not currently using. I went from having less than 50% batter life at the end of the bussiness day to having 80% each day with normal use.

Homeslice 06-08-2010 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 380872)
No most android phones have seen complaints about battery life. It has alot to do with the fact that it is constantly searching for an update from the internet. There are ways to offset this though. I started using 2 programs juice defender (which only searches for internet updates every 3 minutes). I also use task killer which shuts off any programs I'm not currently using. I went from having less than 50% batter life at the end of the bussiness day to having 80% each day with normal use.

Are you talking standby, or actually using it all day?

Rangerscott 06-08-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 380872)

I wish there was a way to stop the market from finding updates all the damn time. I'll search for a newer version of a program when I feel like it dammit.

Rangerscott 06-08-2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 380855)
Does yours have a shortcut for quickoffice?

No, but I've downloaded .pdf files and it opens them up. Doesn't seem to be a program, just opens up kinda like a new tab.

jtemple 06-08-2010 09:24 PM

Interesting battery life issues.

I really want to get away from this iPhone and I like Android a lot. But, here I sit with a plain old 3G that easily runs all day long playing music and whatnot and has plenty of battery left at the end of the day. If I do some seriously heavy emailing or run the navigation app without having it plugged in, the battery drains pretty quickly. But, for 90% of my daily use, I have more than enough battery to get through the day. I guess the lack of multitasking has its benefits.

EpyonXero 06-08-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtemple (Post 381084)
Interesting battery life issues.

I really want to get away from this iPhone and I like Android a lot. But, here I sit with a plain old 3G that easily runs all day long playing music and whatnot and has plenty of battery left at the end of the day. If I do some seriously heavy emailing or run the navigation app without having it plugged in, the battery drains pretty quickly. But, for 90% of my daily use, I have more than enough battery to get through the day. I guess the lack of multitasking has its benefits.

The only time I have to worry about my Droid dying before the day is done is when I stream video or audio over 3G, when I am in a situation where the cell signal is weak or non-existent, or if Im using some type of navigation app for an extended time..

Rangerscott 06-08-2010 09:32 PM

My droid does just fine on battery life. It'll play mp3's all day (w/ screen off) and "maybe" use half the battery. The only time battery life seems short is when I have the screen turned up and I'm on the web most of the day. I've only had a couple times of almost dead battery scenerios. Hell Pandora hardly drains the battery.

defector 06-08-2010 09:53 PM

The Police Scanner app on my droid eats the battery pretty quickly. Everything else is fairly light on battery usage.