Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How hot is too hot for you? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=8822)

tached1000rr 06-24-2009 09:39 PM

Tigger the front part of the sole on those boots are extremely thin, if only the front part had a thicker sole. Ok, picture it, a woman on her tippy toes, that tall heel part is not even touching the ground, they made that boot backwards:lol:

Amber Lamps 06-24-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tached1000rr (Post 230893)
Tigger the front part of the sole on those boots are extremely thin, if only the front part had a thicker sole. Ok, picture it, a woman on her tippy toes, that tall heel part is not even touching the ground, they made that boot backwards:lol:

Naw goober! You can't make the toe any thicker or she can't shift! With the high heel at least her entire sole is making contact with the ground, instead of just a small portion.....

This,

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...ysrkqB_500.jpg

VS this,

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l.../ballerina.jpg

RACER X 06-25-2009 07:38 AM

that ICON boot is a joke as is most ICON gear IMO

i had a lady in my class brake her ankle cuz of something similar, that boot offers very little stability and is prone to make yu ankle roll over, hello sprained/broken ankle.

Amber Lamps 06-25-2009 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 230986)
that ICON boot is a joke as is most ICON gear IMO

i had a lady in my class brake her ankle cuz of something similar, that boot offers very little stability and is prone to make yu ankle roll over, hello sprained/broken ankle.

Aw, I thought all of the Icon haters were gone or converted....

Icon gear is just as protective as any other gear. It is made from the finest materials and in many cases, they use much thicker leather AND as any leather expert will tell you, they are superior in the fact that they overlay their designs as opposed to piecing them together as many companies do. The more seams, the weaker the garment. In fact my Icon jacket held up better than my Dainese jacket in a similar crash. I can understand dislike of the image or designs of the brand but there isn't any basis for your statement whatsoever. Besides, as far as I know, no one else makes a motorcycle specific boot like Icon's so if you're saying that some dumb bitch twisted her ankle wearing wedges well....:lol:

RACER X 06-25-2009 08:22 AM

you should know every crash is diff. , so when you say similar its not saying alot, unless you crashed at the same place, same time, same temp., etc. etc.

as for the boots, they are closed in stilleto's ain't a whole lot too see.

i'll take my BMW kevlar mesh over your icon mesh anyday.

when you compare ICON to JR then you have a case, when you compare ICON to vansons you don't.

Amber Lamps 06-25-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 230996)
you should know every crash is diff. , so when you say similar its not saying alot, unless you crashed at the same place, same time, same temp., etc. etc.

as for the boots, they are closed in stilleto's ain't a whole lot too see.

i'll take my BMW kevlar mesh over your icon mesh anyday.

when you compare ICON to JR then you have a case, when you compare ICON to vansons you don't.

Hey I'll give you that! I had a Vanson Star jacket and I went down HARD! Other than some scrapes, it held up awesome but for $600+ dollars...:idk:

I also agree that you can't ever exactly compare two crashes, so I concede that but I appreciate the fact that you recognize my point about overlay vs seams. BTW it goes without saying then that just because you saw one crash with some breaking an ankle wearing "similar" boots doesn't mean that these will also cause a broken ankle...aha!

I also agree that there are vast differences in mesh jackets as well but I'll take Icon's armor over that BMW (Heine Gerick?) armor. Icon uses a proprietary dual density-two stage armor while most others use off the shelf single stage armor. It's funny a BMW guy wants to compare a $400+ jacket to a $150 jacket and claim superiority.:lol: Take a look in that jacket and tell me if it doesn't say "Made in China" on the inside. :lol: Also, Icon has God on their side because they put a St. Christopher's medallion in every jacket!:rockwoot:

Fleck750 06-25-2009 09:00 AM

Icon hater bandwagon.

The armor in Icon jackets doesn't stay in place, the stitching is weak, also.

The mesh is so tight that it allows for little air flow. Rode in a thunderstorm last night, barely got wet. It's suppose to be MESH, not a rain suit.

Fleck750 06-25-2009 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 231005)
Hey I'll give you that! I had a Vanson Star jacket and I went down HARD! Other than some scrapes, it held up awesome but for $600+ dollars...:idk:

$600? Is that all?

I have wet dreams over this.

http://www.bikersstore.com/mm5/graph...01/0001_VA.jpg

z06boy 06-25-2009 09:12 AM

I don't really care for Icon but did buy one of their products the other night and so far so good...very comfortable and lightweight but still offers decent protection.

I bought the Accelerator boots that I posted about in another thread the other day to wear for shorter rides that I will be off the bike for awhile and will be standing/walking around and don't want to wear my squeaky azz A* boots.

For the longer rides and the higher spirited rides I will wear my A* SMX 4 boots.

Amber Lamps 06-25-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleck750 (Post 231008)
Icon hater bandwagon.

The armor in Icon jackets doesn't stay in place, the stitching is weak, also.

The mesh is so tight that it allows for little air flow. Rode in a thunderstorm last night, barely got wet. It's suppose to be MESH, not a rain suit.

Oh I won't argue mesh jackets at all! Especially their older stuff! It was made in the same factory as the A* mesh which is also junk imho. I have an A* mesh jacket that is super tight weave and didn't even come with a back pad!:panic: Hell, I've seen a Joe Rocket mesh jacket fall apart on impact, the armor was everywhere but on my buddy!:lol: I'll wear a mesh jacket once in a while but I don't consider them to be good protection. I put them in the better than nothing category.:idk:

As far as the armor staying in place while you're riding... are you sure you have the right size? I've never had armor move around while I was wearing it.:idk: