Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Touring (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Part-time Saddle Tramp (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20958)

Sixxxxer 05-28-2013 08:20 PM

Jesus man thats crazy...At least in the end your ok.

Keep on trucking...Dont think anyone gets sick of looking at your pictures.

G-Rex 05-29-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 529523)
I'm trying to get a group to do the CO BDR if you're interested for next year... I've already got the GPS tracks... it'll be 6-7 days... and commuting to and from.

Sounds good. Let me know.

I'm *halfway* looking for a GS now, so I'd have a capable off-road bike again. Don't ask. lol.

Mr Lefty 05-29-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 529537)
Sounds good. Let me know.

I'm *halfway* looking for a GS now, so I'd have a capable off-road bike again. Don't ask. lol.

Oh damn... ok I won't...

Well I love the Dakar, but it's a fuck'n PIG off road, compared to the DRZ... though probably not as bad as the KLR from what I've read.

what I really want is an Xchalange, or Xcountry and build it to my specs... same motor but about 100lbs lighter... figures BMW would stop selling them:screwy:

G-Rex 05-29-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Lefty (Post 529538)
Oh damn... ok I won't...

Well I love the Dakar, but it's a fuck'n PIG off road, compared to the DRZ... though probably not as bad as the KLR from what I've read.

what I really want is an Xchalange, or Xcountry and build it to my specs... same motor but about 100lbs lighter... figures BMW would stop selling them:screwy:

My problem is that ever since I got back from Alaska, I can't get the Dalton out of my mind. The little voice in my head is telling me I have to do it again. Stupid voice.

The problem is, this time, I want the bike to be shaft drive. I was adjusting chains at every gas stop on the KLRs, and I'll be damned if I do that again. So, that really only leaves me one choice. I'm not keen on the GS since it's such a tall fat pic of a bike, but it is what it is.

:wtfru:

Trip 05-29-2013 08:44 AM

Uh, no you are not limited to one bike, the yamaha super tenere is another choice. Kyle has one and it's an awesome bike.

G-Rex 05-29-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 529542)
Uh, no you are not limited to one bike, the yamaha super tenere is another choice. Kyle has one and it's an awesome bike.

Crap! I forgot it was shaft drive! Hmmm...

Trip 05-29-2013 08:56 AM

I really want to ride, but don't really want to ride the new water cooled GS. Bad things may come from it and I have always wanted to upgrade to ESA. Still got a month of healing unfortunately though.

G-Rex 05-29-2013 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 529546)
I really want to ride, but don't really want to ride the new water cooled GS. Bad things may come from it and I have always wanted to upgrade to ESA. Still got a month of healing unfortunately though.

Make me a really good deal on yours. We can talk. lol

Trip 05-29-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 529554)
Make me a really good deal on yours. We can talk. lol

If I am going to buy a water cooled, I need to rip someone off. Last time I went to see about trading for a newer ESA model they wanted me to pay $10000, I laughed and walked out.

Mr Lefty 05-29-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 529540)
My problem is that ever since I got back from Alaska, I can't get the Dalton out of my mind. The little voice in my head is telling me I have to do it again. Stupid voice.

The problem is, this time, I want the bike to be shaft drive. I was adjusting chains at every gas stop on the KLRs, and I'll be damned if I do that again. So, that really only leaves me one choice. I'm not keen on the GS since it's such a tall fat pic of a bike, but it is what it is.

:wtfru:

Well... was it the chain? I've never had a problem with adjusting the chain on the DRZ (save the stock one that stretched like a rubber band) or the Dakar.

I run DID Xring 520's... got 8K out of the stock DRZ chain... sitting at 14k on the DID... The Dakar I put a new DID on it the day I picked it up... it's at 8k right now. Haven't had to adjust it yet. But I carry a can of chain lube with me and hit the chain every 200 miles or so... (probably should just invest in a scottoiler)