Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Android Version for Nexus One may change my mind about "Jumping Ship" (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14803)

jtemple 06-09-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 381291)
That's for 4G, iphone can't do that at all.

It's already been debunked as a bullshit claim:

http://consumerist.com/2010/06/sprin...e-htc-evo.html

Quote:

When I called the Sprint sales department asking about the Evo we checked where I live to see if 4G was available. It was not. Not even close. The sales person told me that I could opt out of the $10.00 premium data charge but if I went to a 4G area I would be limited to 3G because I did not enroll in the premium data package.

Once I bought the phone and checked my plan at sprint.com lo and behold I see the premium data charge. When I purchased the phone the girl behind the counter told me she was disabling 4g so I would not see the 10 dollar charge. I called support just now and had to speak to a supervisor. The super told me that the 10 dollar premium data was because of the 1ghz Snapdragon processor. What kind of web of lies is this? The Incredible, Nexus One, HD2 and other phones have a 1ghz Snapdragon and they don't get hit with a "premium data" charge.

jtemple 06-09-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtemple (Post 381277)
Has anyone been able to compare the iPod functionality on the iPhone to Android's media player? I keep hearing the media player kind of blows.

I'm not talking about all that cover flow, genius and lyrics crap that the iPhone has. I just want good playlist support.

Trip 06-09-2010 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtemple (Post 381295)
It's already been debunked as a bullshit claim:

http://consumerist.com/2010/06/sprin...e-htc-evo.html

It's to pay for the 4G network they are building. They don't let you opt out of it.

You can't really say shit though with the bullshit quota changes AT&T just made.

jtemple 06-09-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 381299)
It's to pay for the 4G network they are building. They don't let you opt out of it.

The salesman told this guy he could opt out.

The charge still showed up on his bill.

When confronting customer service (which Sprint is notorious sucking at), they said it was because of the phone's CPU, which is the same CPU as other phones that do not charge the $10 fee.

Is every 4G phone to release from this point forward going to cost you an extra $10 a month to own? No thanks.

Dave 06-09-2010 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtemple (Post 381298)
I'm not talking about all that cover flow, genius and lyrics crap that the iPhone has. I just want good playlist support.

I use meridian, works great. Very frequently updated

skiergirl 06-09-2010 01:45 PM

I just got the HTC Evo last night and love it! Super easy to use and set up just takes a little getting used to the touch screen, my old phone was a Crackberry with a keyboard. Did notice today that battery is already and 1/2 and it's only 1pm so we'll see how that goes...but so far so good.

Homeslice 06-09-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtemple (Post 381302)
The salesman told this guy he could opt out.

The charge still showed up on his bill.

When confronting customer service (which Sprint is notorious sucking at), they said it was because of the phone's CPU, which is the same CPU as other phones that do not charge the $10 fee.

Is every 4G phone to release from this point forward going to cost you an extra $10 a month to own? No thanks.

That's hilarious. Sprint customer service is crap. I had a laptop card with them, and when I called they had to transfer me 4-5 times to find someone who even knew anything about that part of their business.

Plus they put 2 accounts and 2 duplicate bills in my name instead of 1, and it took them 3 months to fix it.

EpyonXero 06-09-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jtemple (Post 381298)

Everything Ive tried for my Droid is still way behind Apples interface, I still carry my iPod Touch to play music.. Theres no easy way to create, edit, and sync playlists on your Android device. DoubleTwist did just come out with an Android app though, it lets you syncronize your phone with your iTunes playlists.

jtemple 06-09-2010 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpyonXero (Post 381349)
Everything Ive tried for my Droid is still way behind Apples interface, I still carry my iPod Touch to play music.. Theres no easy way to create, edit, and sync playlists on your Android device. DoubleTwist did just come out with an Android app though, it lets you syncronize your phone with your iTunes playlists.

I've read about some ways to sync the music with Winamp. Not having an Android phone, I haven't looked too deeply into it.

Getting rid of iTunes is one of the reasons I'm considering switching to Android. The last thing I want to do is sync it with iTunes.

Here's a quote about Winamp from another forum:

Quote:

I recently started winamp when my Droid was connected and mounted* and Winamp immediately recognized that there was a "mass storage device of an unknown type" attached to the computer. Winamp then asked me if I wanted to treat the storage devices as a music player and let winamp sync it. I said yes and everything has worked perfectly so far.

My only gripe was that winamp stores everything on the root of the SD card. but it's not a big deal because it seems all the files are automatically detected by the droid anyways. It seems that's how a lot of apps work too -- kind of a "just toss their files on the root and use applications to sort through the pile" philosophy. So for whatever it's worth, at this point I dont care much that all the files on my SD card are at the root. Though I do plan to look for a way in winamp to make it a bit more tidy.

Rangerscott 06-09-2010 11:30 PM

Acer Stream.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgOVs...nM&feature=sub