Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Walking Dead Season 4 (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22251)

OneSickPsycho 05-03-2013 04:57 PM

Walking Dead Season 4

We have one for season 3, might as well for session 4...

I have no news or speculation to share, just this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4lLJu_-wE

pauldun170 05-03-2013 10:54 PM

:)
On to facebook it goes

LeeNetworX 05-05-2013 10:39 PM

Already posted that in the season 3 thread. No one reading that anymore?

OneSickPsycho 05-06-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 528873)
Already posted that in the season 3 thread. No one reading that anymore?

You'll note I posted this 2 days before you did in the other thread...

No one using 'New Posts' anymore?

LeeNetworX 05-06-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 528879)
You'll note I posted this 2 days before you did in the other thread...

No one using 'New Posts' anymore?

No, I never use it. I just click on Off Topic every few days to see the 2 or 3 new threads.

CasterTroy 05-06-2013 01:00 PM

:rockwoot:

LeeNetworX 05-07-2013 08:34 AM

Hi, nice to meet you. When the camera rolls, I'm going to shoot you in the freaking head.

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFile...0/83276765.jpg

CasterTroy 05-20-2013 08:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The summer selections will suck

LeeNetworX 05-20-2013 08:40 AM

Falling Skies starts back up in a couple weeks. Game of Thrones is in full swing. DaVinci's Demons is pretty good. Veep is on. Plenty of good shows to watch.

tommymac 05-20-2013 12:57 PM

breaking bad starts up prety soon as well.

JoJoYZF 05-20-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 529273)
breaking bad starts up prety soon as well.

In august, definitely looking forward to that and it'll help hold me over til walking dead is back.

tommymac 05-22-2013 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 529282)
In august, definitely looking forward to that and it'll help hold me over til walking dead is back.

I will also have sons of anarchy to hold me over. Sux this is the end of breaking bad and I think SOA is only 2 more seasons

LeeNetworX 05-22-2013 09:39 AM

New season of Magic City is starting soon, too.

JoJoYZF 05-22-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 529314)
I will also have sons of anarchy to hold me over. Sux this is the end of breaking bad and I think SOA is only 2 more seasons

Didn't even realize this was the last season of it but I can't say that I'm too surprised, I knew it couldn't go too much farther before ending.

Papa_Complex 05-24-2013 10:16 AM

Dig into some UK stuff to tide you over, until WD comes back. Two suggestions; "In the Flesh", for a zombie themed 3-part series and "Utopia", for just plain weird in a 6 episode series.

LeeNetworX 09-04-2013 06:42 PM

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...-walking-dead/

tommymac 09-10-2013 08:52 AM

SOA starts back up tonight, and still have breaking bad so this is good

LeeNetworX 11-08-2013 09:35 AM

http://i.imgur.com/WOaPMTc.gif

OneSickPsycho 11-08-2013 10:23 AM

Diggin' this season so far... they've departed from the comics enough so far that it's really starting to become it's own thing, which is cool. I have a feeling the last half of the season is going to mirror some of the events in the comics much more closely... we know of a few familiar characters are going to be introduced and we also know that the Governor is making a comeback as well... I thought last season was going to end with mass carnage, but since it didn't and the cast has been set, I'm sure it's happening at the end of this season.

RedRider2k2 11-09-2013 06:21 PM

I only recently caught on that Bob the drunk Medic is the same Bob the drunk medic from the comics/novels. Wasn't real observant with that one.

I'm not crazy about the whole sickness angle they're doing. It's a pretty realistic problem but it's just not very interesting to watch. After the let down in the finale of Season 3 and this slow lead up in the opening to 4, something big has got to be coming. I hope anyway.

tommymac 11-15-2013 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedRider2k2 (Post 532581)
I only recently caught on that Bob the drunk Medic is the same Bob the drunk medic from the comics/novels. Wasn't real observant with that one.

I'm not crazy about the whole sickness angle they're doing. It's a pretty realistic problem but it's just not very interesting to watch. After the let down in the finale of Season 3 and this slow lead up in the opening to 4, something big has got to be coming. I hope anyway.

I know its not real but herschel intubating these people and bagging them seems to be a bit of a stretch. then he intubates glen without a layrngoscope or even a stylett in the tube to make it rigid. other than that am enjoying things thus far.

Papa_Complex 11-15-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 532645)
I know its not real but herschel intubating these people and bagging them seems to be a bit of a stretch. then he intubates glen without a layrngoscope or even a stylett in the tube to make it rigid. other than that am enjoying things thus far.

That's the problem when you have specific knowledge of something; it screws with suspension of disbelief. Imagine how I feel when people start messing with computer hardware or hacking in TV and movies.

OneSickPsycho 11-15-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 532645)

Yeah... I noticed that too... or I didn't... :whosr:

tommymac 11-24-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 532654)
Yeah... I noticed that too... or I didn't... :whosr:

What pissed me off more is i missed an intubation at work 2 days prior to watching that episode.

Papa_Complex 11-25-2013 11:11 AM

Haven't seen this week's episode yet, it's still sitting on the PVR, but after just one episode I'm already tired of The Governor.

OneSickPsycho 11-25-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 532719)
Haven't seen this week's episode yet, it's still sitting on the PVR, but after just one episode I'm already tired of The Governor.

This week is another Governor-centric plotline... it's certainly more exciting than last week's though...

tommymac 11-28-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 532720)
This week is another Governor-centric plotline... it's certainly more exciting than last week's though...

Agreed. I think sunday is th emid season finale so we will have to wait 3 months again to see what happens. They make it sound like soem characters die this time around so it should be interesting. People will go nuts if darryl gets killed.

Papa_Complex 11-28-2013 11:40 AM

Really not feeling it after seeing this last episode. Next week it's, "Oooooo, a scary tank is at the gates!" It's getting to the point where I'm about ready to give up on it.

It's truly amazing how little real drama the end of the world can cause.

Porkchop 12-01-2013 10:52 PM

Oh shit. Tonight's episode was good....

Papa_Complex 12-02-2013 05:11 AM

Mid-season finale, so it better be. Haven't seen it yet.

Papa_Complex 12-03-2013 06:27 AM

Finally watched it. Not really impressed. Seemed rather forced, to me. Just a stirring of the anthill, to try and make things interesting again. From a logical standpoint it was complete idiocy.

OneSickPsycho 04-08-2014 10:20 AM

Anybody still watching this show?

Papa_Complex 04-08-2014 12:16 PM

I'm still holding on, but haven't watched the season finale yet.

CasterTroy 04-08-2014 12:29 PM

Yep

I liked focusing on the individuals and their own shows. The group thing was getting on my nerves.

OneSickPsycho 04-08-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 533470)
I'm still holding on, but haven't watched the season finale yet.

It's pretty good... real good if you read the comics.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 533473)
Yep

I liked focusing on the individuals and their own shows. The group thing was getting on my nerves.

LOL, that's the complete opposite of what I read on other forums... "wtf, stop with all of this touchy feely bullshit backstory stuff and get them all back together"

CasterTroy 04-08-2014 03:04 PM

ehh..wasn't the touchy feelie stuff it was the fact that it was a more focused episode that wasn't like the random thoughts of a 7yr old after eating a swizzle stick and forgetting his ADAH meds. "SQUIRREL!"

Amber Lamps 04-08-2014 06:36 PM

I happen to still enjoy the show but it did really slow for awhile... What I'm REALLY tired of is all this talk of food, or the lack of... That is a ridiculous premise! Considering all the food that is produced in this country and stored in warehouses, huge supermarkets, houses, gas stations, etc. Hell, there's enough food on the freeway inside semi-trucks at any given time to feed the entire country. I did some work at an ethanol plant recently that had 4 million plus bushel silos full of corn!

Then you take into account the serious lessening of consumers of edibles. Oh and since when did plants stop growing? Even without man's help farms would still yield some crops. Orchards would bear fruit. Livestock would still live and reproduce. I don't know about Georgia but if thousands of deer suddenly stopped being killed on the highways and roads of Michigan, there would be a population explosion! You can't seriously try to tell me that walkers are killing the deer. They are way too loud and slow to catch any wild animal, much less a deer.

Now they're gonna drop a bunch of obvious cannibals into the mix? It's been just a few years people...really? I mean you're living in a train station. Are you seriously telling me that there was no food to be found? Or farmed? Or raised? Or hunted? Yeesh...

Papa_Complex 04-08-2014 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 533476)
I happen to still enjoy the show but it did really slow for awhile... What I'm REALLY tired of is all this talk of food, or the lack of... That is a ridiculous premise! Considering all the food that is produced in this country and stored in warehouses, huge supermarkets, houses, gas stations, etc. Hell, there's enough food on the freeway inside semi-trucks at any given time to feed the entire country. I did some work at an ethanol plant recently that had 4 million plus bushel silos full of corn!

Then you take into account the serious lessening of consumers of edibles. Oh and since when did plants stop growing? Even without man's help farms would still yield some crops. Orchards would bear fruit. Livestock would still live and reproduce. I don't know about Georgia but if thousands of deer suddenly stopped being killed on the highways and roads of Michigan, there would be a population explosion! You can't seriously try to tell me that walkers are killing the deer. They are way too loud and slow to catch any wild animal, much less a deer.

Now they're gonna drop a bunch of obvious cannibals into the mix? It's been just a few years people...really? I mean you're living in a train station. Are you seriously telling me that there was no food to be found? Or farmed? Or raised? Or hunted? Yeesh...

You also have to consider how much of that food is perishable. That accounts for one hell of a lot of those trucks, supermarkets, and silos. Also everyone doesn't die all at once. Many hang on long enough to eat someof the non perishable food before they're killed by walkers, wild dogs, animals that escape from zoos, or raiders. Then think about the walker herds, that sweep across the land like locusts. Sometimes there's nowhere for an animal to run.

CasterTroy 04-09-2014 03:37 PM

Speaking of train station....you DO realize what "meat' was being served at the welcome center right?

Papa_Complex 04-09-2014 08:58 PM

Yup, the type that goes along with all of those bones. Cannibals. Feed the newbs a little drugged barbecue, put them in the train car, and fatten them up for the 4th of July.

Rangerscott 04-09-2014 10:45 PM

Finally caught up and finished season 3. Now the wait for S4 to be released on netflix.

Tsunami 04-13-2014 05:57 PM

How do they chose who they want to eat and who they want to eat with?

CasterTroy 04-14-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 533513)

My guess is, they choose to eat everyone NEW.....since they're comfortable with everyone they already have.

If the situation were real...I suppose it would beat going out and LOOKING for food every day..but eating human meat? :tremble: sheesh!

Papa_Complex 04-14-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami (Post 533513)

I think that Troy's right; they already have everyone that they want at the table. The logical thing would be to only eat the ones who look healthy, since you don't want to get sick yourself. The problem with cannibalism is that while you can catch a few diseases from cows and pigs, you can catch EVERYTHING that another human has.

CasterTroy 04-14-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 533517)
you can catch EVERYTHING that another human has.

OK because I've NEVER looked into doing so (for obvious reasons :lol:) even if you cook the meat thoroughly?

I can't even believe I'm discussing this :tremble:

Papa_Complex 04-14-2014 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 533518)
OK because I've NEVER looked into doing so (for obvious reasons :lol:) even if you cook the meat thoroughly?

I can't even believe I'm discussing this :tremble:

When you say thoroughly, you better mean thoroughly. Viruses, bacteria, and parasites; we can transfer them all. Better get that meat up to a good temperature and heat it all the way through, for long enough to kill anything that's in it. If it's true of pork, then it's even more so for human.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sljSf7KVlQ

Turbo Ghost 04-15-2014 07:35 AM

I have a series of books by Peter Hathaway Capstick. He was one of the original big game hunters in Africa waaaay back when! One of his books was called Maneaters. He pretty much covered everything that will eat man including man himself! He told one story about a friend that had lived with cannibals for a while and had eaten human meat. He asked him about it especially regarding the taste. His buddy replied "Sheeeet! Meat's meat!".
He also told of one safari where one of the natives got caught trying to rape another's wife. One of the men stayed behind with the wife and the rapist. He assumed to take them back to the village for a trial. A day or so later, the guy came back and they had a big feast that night. At some point during dinner he asked what they did at the village. The guy was confused. "We didn't go to the village." Capstick asked him what they did then. He told him they executed the guy then prepared him for dinner! Capstick hadn't gotten to the main course yet and declined!
If you get the chance to read any of his books, do so! They are fascinating! He has one book telling the true story about the Ghost and the Darkness which was made into a movie back in the 80's or 90's.