Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Aftermarket Modding (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   regrets about modding? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15670)

dReWpY 07-20-2010 05:25 PM

regrets about modding?

does anyone here regret moding their bike?

I am still running a pretty much stock buell and other then a kn filter, speed screen and grips its pretty much all stock, i miss the sounds, but the pipe is expensive for something that I am never going to truly use to its full potential.

If you had the chance to get all of the money that you put into your bike and it be returned to stock, would you do it?

Cruzergirl 07-20-2010 05:30 PM

:lol: Nope. Only question is... What shall I do next? I'm thinking about changing the seat.

Trip 07-20-2010 05:35 PM

I haven't really gone all that crazy with the beemer, but I got most things I wanted with it. I really want to invest in some elka or ohlins suspenders next.

dReWpY 07-20-2010 05:36 PM

i did a decent bit to the rc, but the buell seems to be a bit more indepth to mod and there for more of a chance of me fucking it up, i might put a pipe on at some point, but i like it the way it is, maybe a seat eventually

Riceaholic 07-20-2010 05:48 PM

I've done almost everything that can be done performance-wise to my GSXR (short of building the motor) and would do it all again, no questions. It took me a long time, but I think it's finally to a point where I couldn't be happier with it.

DLIT 07-20-2010 05:52 PM

And make it look like every other R6/R1 out there? Fuck no. I use other people's stupid/good mods to determine what to get. Some people do stupid shit to their bikes. Yes...I know it's not my bike. I don't care.

Amber Lamps 07-20-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riceaholic (Post 394774)
I've done almost everything that can be done performance-wise to my GSXR (short of building the motor) and would do it all again, no questions. It took me a long time, but I think it's finally to a point where I couldn't be happier with it.

I'm with you... I do this with every bike and i'm almost always happy...besides, you can always change things later.:lol:

BTW as far as the poll goes, yes I'd take my money back only so I could apply it to the newest latest mod! ;)

Dave 07-20-2010 06:24 PM

Not in the least, its very much MY bike

pauldun170 07-20-2010 06:27 PM

I have no regrets putting the tank pad on the CBR.

dReWpY 07-20-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 394787)
I have no regrets putting the tank pad on the CBR.

damn, did you worry about voiding the warranty?

i wont tell, if you dont

Tmall 07-20-2010 06:40 PM

Not at all. The only thing I regret is that it didn't come like this stock. 1000 on parts is a lot to make a bike run like it's supposed to.

JoJoYZF 07-20-2010 07:21 PM

Im pretty happy with everything Ive done to my bike. It hasnt been anything too expensive but it all makes my bike more mine and look more like how I want it to. I think Im done though until I eventually get a new one.

Captain Morgan 07-20-2010 07:25 PM

No, I wouldn't change a thing. Everything I've done to the strom is functional and well worth the money.

derf 07-20-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Morgan (Post 394802)
No, I wouldn't change a thing. Everything I've done to the strom is functional and well worth the money.

Quoted for truth

goof2 07-20-2010 07:56 PM

I haven't done many mods to my bike. The previous owner did most of what I would have done (exhaust, flushmounts). All I've really done is a taller windscreen and I had to make a license plate mount and light since the previous owner had cut that off. I'm happy with all of it, especially since I didn't have to pay for the larger ticket items.

Riceaholic 07-20-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 394778)
I'm with you... I do this with every bike and i'm almost always happy...besides, you can always change things later.:lol:

BTW as far as the poll goes, yes I'd take my money back only so I could apply it to the newest latest mod! ;)

You've seen my bike. There's no way I'm getting even a 1/4 back of what I have into it. I'll have that pig till' the end...:lol:

Amber Lamps 07-20-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riceaholic (Post 394817)
You've seen my bike. There's no way I'm getting even a 1/4 back of what I have into it. I'll have that pig till' the end...:lol:

well since mine has a salvage title... I'm considering having it buried with me when I die.:lol:

Dave 07-20-2010 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 394835)
well since mine has a salvage title... I'm considering having it buried with me when I die.:lol:

if you were gonna get stuck with a bike for life you could do a lot worse than a k6 'thou :2cents:

karl_1052 07-21-2010 07:04 AM

I did my mods for myself. If I didn't want them, I wouldn't have done them.

Particle Man 07-21-2010 09:20 AM

My mods have been mostly small stuff that can be easily undone if I so choose... And they've been fairly cheap so no regrets there.

KSGregman 07-21-2010 09:40 AM

I put a full Vance and Hines Big shot exhaust kit on my bike, Holley air intakes and a PC-3...then I had M & M Choppers dyno out a custom map. And no, I wouldn't change a thing. It was worth the expense to me to open that huge V-Twin up so it can REALLY breath.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...man/M109-R.jpg

marko138 07-21-2010 10:19 AM

I'm happy with my mods. No regrets.

z06boy 07-21-2010 10:23 AM

Nope...I haven't actually done that much to the bike but what I've done...it was needed imho. All I've really done to the R1 is a smoked windscreen...flushmount turnsignals...and took the ugly rear fender or SS Enterprise looking thing off of the back of it and exhaust. Oh and added an intergrated tailight. Oh I also added a Dynojet PCM3.

The exhaust helped big time with the heat issues...it's ceramic coated and looks better black than it did in silver imho. I gutted the cats and added race baffles but it didn't cost very much and would be real easy to convert back to stock...just pull the pipes off and sell them and put the stock ones back on.

On the R6 I've only added a steering damper...windscreen and flushmounts and an intergrated tailight. We did lower the bike for my wife a little but could convert that back fairly easy as well.

Now my Z06 Corvette...that's a different story...I love it but wouldn't mind having the money back out of the mods and to sale it in stock form.

CrazyKell 07-21-2010 11:39 AM

Yes.

I changed my grips to Harri's and I absolutely hate them. Then I mashed them up good with a canyon dancer (hate them too and can't wait to get a Pit bull) and now I hate them even more.

I can't seem to find grips that are long enough despite having a popular bike.

And before some jokester chimes in and says they're called HARRIS....check the apostrophe.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...llX/harris.gif

OneSickPsycho 07-21-2010 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSGregman (Post 394976)
I put a full Vance and Hines Big shot exhaust kit on my bike, Holley air intakes and a PC-3...then I had M & M Choppers dyno out a custom map. And no, I wouldn't change a thing. It was worth the expense to me to open that huge V-Twin up so it can REALLY breath.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...man/M109-R.jpg

That's a damn good looking machine.

marko138 07-21-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 395045)

Real slick, for sure.

wildchild 07-21-2010 12:33 PM

guess it depends on what bike it is. current ride I'm still looking for more stuff to do and I enjoy doing it. when I have inline 4 sportbikes I do very little to them. ride the hell out of them and then sell them after a few years. no regrets either way.

a buell I would be doing some mods on. especially the pipe. it really woke the HD up to put on pipe and intake with tuner.

V-twins always need to be piped. they sound too good not to.

inline 4's I actually like the sound of them stock. just growly enough and nice once you get in the revs

azoomm 07-21-2010 12:37 PM

I'm very happy with all the mods, it's a monster, it isn't supposed to be stock....

Amber Lamps 07-21-2010 01:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 395034)
Yes.

I changed my grips to Harri's and I absolutely hate them. Then I mashed them up good with a canyon dancer (hate them too and can't wait to get a Pit bull) and now I hate them even more.

I can't seem to find grips that are long enough despite having a popular bike.

And before some jokester chimes in and says they're called HARRIS....check the apostrophe.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d6...llX/harris.gif

Ooofff... bad advice, pumpkin. Oury are fantastic grips or if you don't mind spending some money- Driven grips are good. Oh and I love my Canyon dancers, perhaps some bad advice again?

http://www.drivenracing.com/content.cfm/go/grips-

homehttp://www.drivenracing.com/content.cfm/go/grips-home

http://www.bikebandit.com/oury-road-grips

nhgunnut 07-21-2010 01:27 PM

Stock Sucks
The only mods I have regretted are the cheaper ones
Trying out different sprocket ratios or a windshiled.
The big stuff I have been very happy with

KSGregman 07-21-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 395045)

Thanks...

CrazyKell 07-21-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 395071)
Ooofff... bad advice, pumpkin. Oury are fantastic grips or if you don't mind spending some money- Driven grips are good. Oh and I love my Canyon dancers, perhaps some bad advice again?

I just picked them out myself and changed out the rubber. Hate 'em but too lazy to do it again since I knew they'd get mashed.

I have the old style canyon dancer. Had to throw it on the bike before I had a chance to cut some pvc tubing. (okay I bought the wrong size tubing :lmao:).

Cutty72 07-21-2010 02:45 PM

huh, never had an issue with my canyon dancer, and yes it's the old style.

I love all the mods I've done to the Buell.
Pazzo shorties are way more comfortable than stock levers, and better adjustment.
HID's are super bright
And the Drummer... ah the drummer... Need I say more?

Oh, and drewp, if you haven't already, ditch the inner airbox cover. If you don't have the $$ to listen to a sweet exhaust, at least you can hear your intake try to suck you off when you ride. :)

defector 07-21-2010 02:56 PM

I added all the typical ones. No regrets on these.

However, the chick who owned it before me paid for 2 mods, (for stealth mode). :lol
A toggle switch that would turn off all lights, and a separate toggle that would flip up the license plate for speeding through photo radar. These I likely would not have done myself.

z06boy 07-21-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defector (Post 395091)
A toggle switch that would turn off all lights, and a separate toggle that would flip up the license plate for speeding through photo radar. These I likely would not have done myself.

I probably wouldn't have either but I sure do like both :lol:.

Amber Lamps 07-21-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 395085)
I just picked them out myself and changed out the rubber. Hate 'em but too lazy to do it again since I knew they'd get mashed.

I have the old style canyon dancer. Had to throw it on the bike before I had a chance to cut some pvc tubing. (okay I bought the wrong size tubing :lmao:).

FWIW and no offense BUT if you make sure to push the sleeves all the way to the controls and pull the straps parallel to the bars before you cinch your bike down, you can alleviate a great deal of the grip mashing. Most of the time when grips get wrecked, it's because people don't correctly place the sleeves.:idk:

CrazyKell 07-22-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 395202)
FWIW and no offense BUT if you make sure to push the sleeves all the way to the controls and pull the straps parallel to the bars before you cinch your bike down, you can alleviate a great deal of the grip mashing. Most of the time when grips get wrecked, it's because people don't correctly place the sleeves.:idk:

Thanks. It wasn't me that did it. :cry:

Krypt Keeper 07-23-2010 02:17 PM

I enjoy working on bikes and doing mods just as much as riding them.

Still have a few things I would like to do to my bike to make it even better.

HID's

USD forks which would also give me bigger calipers up which would also de-link the brake system and give better adjustments than what Honda slapped on the XX stock.