Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   FizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZuck Black ops (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17332)

pauldun170 11-29-2010 11:34 PM

FizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZuck Black ops

1 Attachment(s)
Seriously...getting...old

Rangerscott 11-29-2010 11:37 PM

Has the patch come out yet?

pauldun170 11-29-2010 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 428860)
Has the patch come out yet?

One patch has already come out. This piece of shit is buggy as all hell.

caveman 11-30-2010 02:33 AM

again, why I play my games such as these on the console. I haven't had my Xbox come up with a, "Not Responding" window. :dvrofl:

go console FTW:rockwoot: Xbox 360 preferably

LeeNetworX 11-30-2010 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caveman (Post 428876)
again, why I play my games such as these on the console. I haven't had my Xbox come up with a, "Not Responding" window. :dvrofl:

go console FTW:rockwoot: Xbox 360 preferably

I prefer keyboard controls over gamepads, by far. I also like not having to be tied down to a given location to play a game. Laptop FTW.

Apoc 11-30-2010 07:55 AM

I've only had 2-3 crashes since I got it. What GPU are you running?

pauldun170 11-30-2010 09:24 AM

Intel Q9550
4gb ram
ATI 4830 - ( pushing 1600X1200 on a 20inch monitor )

When the game runs, it runs smooth and it looks great.
Then it will stop.
Its very random. Sometimes its good to go for 1hr, other times it will lock after 15min.
Does it on MP and it did once on single player.

All drivers are up to date and the game is through steam. Temps on the components are consistently low. Ran the Steam tools on the game directory.

Porkchop 11-30-2010 09:49 AM

I love how you guys continue to fight for your PCs with a vengance. Seriously... :lol:

pauldun170 11-30-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 428933)
I love how you guys continue to fight for your PCs with a vengance. Seriously... :lol:

A console is not worth it for me. I do not game much and the few titles I do play are PC only with the exception of the occasional "Game of the week" like Black Ops or Far Cry2 or Bioshock1 or 2.

Why have two devices when one does both (and has been doing so flawlessly for quiet some time)?
I'm not going to go buy a console because one game is buggy.

Sixxxxer 12-01-2010 05:18 PM

I just beat the Solo Campaign.

Works just fine on my Shitty tied down to one spot Console.

What do you do cook dinner and play black ops? Not many people need to be "Mobile" when playing video games...Thats the point isnt it? To sit on your ass do nothing and sit in your Comfy Chair in front of your ridiculously huge tv?

Alas, You PC Guys are hardcore as I've ever seen. Personally I could give a fuck who plays on what.

Mikey 12-01-2010 06:01 PM

Another console vote. It's just easier. In fact, the wife and I just bought a wii because I've wanted one for a long time and the special edition red one with new Super Mario Brothers was on sale at Best Buy for $169.99. This thing is awesome.

Particle Man 12-01-2010 07:33 PM

I want a wii but it isn't in the cards.

pauldun170 12-01-2010 08:21 PM

I'm not knocking consoles. I'm just too cheap to buy something I'll barely use

Rangerscott 12-01-2010 09:00 PM

The problem isn't people using consoles. The problem is developers using consoles as the standard instead of how it used to be where a game was made for PC power, then de-tuned and ported over to console.

Developers are cheating PC gamers. They're being cheap and lazy.

pauldun170 12-01-2010 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 429329)
The problem isn't people using consoles. The problem is developers using consoles as the standard instead of how it used to be where a game was made for PC power, then de-tuned and ported over to console.

Developers are cheating PC gamers. They're being cheap and lazy.

They are going the route that best insures a return on their investment.

Rangerscott 12-01-2010 10:18 PM

Which means screwing over the people that helped them get to where they are today.

Porkchop 12-01-2010 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 429289)

What do you do cook dinner and play black ops? Not many people need to be "Mobile" when playing video games...Thats the point isnt it? To sit on your ass do nothing and sit in your Comfy Chair in front of your ridiculously huge tv?

Alas, You PC Guys are hardcore as I've ever seen. Personally I could give a fuck who plays on what.

Hey Sixxxxers back! Whats up dude?

Porkchop 12-01-2010 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 429338)
Which means screwing over the people that helped them get to where they are today.

Times change. Things die. You could name a whole list of things that have gave way to new, better, or easier ways of doing something. Railroad transportation, carbed bikes, VHS, etc etc etc....

Rangerscott 12-01-2010 10:55 PM

How is having dubbed down graphics, AI, controls (debatable), etc better?

I'm not a pc all the way guy. I have the 360 and ps3 too. It would be nice for developers to go all out on the PC version since a lot of people pay for hardware to be pushed by software.

Porkchop 12-01-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 429345)

I'm not a pc all the way guy. I have the 360 and ps3 too. It would be nice for developers to go all out on the PC version since a lot of people pay for hardware to be pushed by software.

Im not saying its specifially better in this aspect, or that aspect. Its just they way of the trends. Companies go where the money is, and sometimes it pisses their fans off. Its easier to pop in a disk and play. Rather than sit there and download a game on to your harddrive, then customize your video card and sound card for the specific game you are playing, etc. I used to be a CP gamer too, it just got old.

caveman 12-02-2010 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 429345)

:wtfru:
Think about what you just said Ranger. Game production companies are out there to make MONEY. They don't give a rat's behind if some uber geek spends 6 months of paychecks to have the biggest and baddest system on the network. They are gonna make the game playable on the caliber machine that the average Joe is gonna buy, prolly in the neighborhood of $1000 to $2500(High end there) machines.

So, when it comes to bang for your buck, the consoles really are the way to go. One size fits all and all games made for it play on it. And other than a few proprietary games all new titles since like 2000 have come out for all systems.

Again going back to, "Game developers want to sell as much product as possible" theory.

LeeNetworX 12-02-2010 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 429289)

You obviously don't travel for work or else you would never have posted this.
Not everyone only plays games at their home residence.

We have consoles too, but most of my game playing time (which is very little) is done away from the TV/consoles.

I don't see anyone in here bashing on consoles, some of us simply stated we prefer PC versions of games, for various reasons.

Rangerscott 12-02-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caveman (Post 429366)
:wtfru:
Think about what you just said Ranger. Game production companies are out there to make MONEY. They don't give a rat's behind if some uber geek spends 6 months of paychecks to have the biggest and baddest system on the network. They are gonna make the game playable on the caliber machine that the average Joe is gonna buy, prolly in the neighborhood of $1000 to $2500(High end there) machines.

So, when it comes to bang for your buck, the consoles really are the way to go. One size fits all and all games made for it play on it. And other than a few proprietary games all new titles since like 2000 have come out for all systems.

Again going back to, "Game developers want to sell as much product as possible" theory.

Duh. Goes with any company.

Sixxxxer 12-03-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 429373)
You obviously don't travel for work or else you would never have posted this.
Not everyone only plays games at their home residence.

We have consoles too, but most of my game playing time (which is very little) is done away from the TV/consoles.

I don't see anyone in here bashing on consoles, some of us simply stated we prefer PC versions of games, for various reasons.

No, I dont travel for work...

You act like a console is glued to one spot? I'm assuming you mean you would play on your laptop in your hotel room...Every Hotel room ive ever stayed in has a TV...

Also, when traveling the first thing that pops into my head isnt "Oh hey lets play Black Ops in my Down time"

I didnt say you were bashing consoles, I dont get that cute little error on my nifty little Xbox though.

And Hey Porkchop, I've been posting here and there in recent weeks...Life's been hectic. Starting to settle back down now though.

Amber Lamps 12-03-2010 07:53 PM

Buy a PSP and remote play your PS3...:idk:

marko138 12-03-2010 10:21 PM

You guys are fucking geeks.

LeeNetworX 12-04-2010 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 429800)
No, I dont travel for work...

You act like a console is glued to one spot? I'm assuming you mean you would play on your laptop in your hotel room...Every Hotel room ive ever stayed in has a TV...

Also, when traveling the first thing that pops into my head isnt "Oh hey lets play Black Ops in my Down time"

I didnt say you were bashing consoles, I dont get that cute little error on my nifty little Xbox though.

And Hey Porkchop, I've been posting here and there in recent weeks...Life's been hectic. Starting to settle back down now though.

So you would travel with a console or suggest that's a convenient option? :?:

Playing games in my hotel room isn't the first thing that pops into my mind either, but sometimes at 1am when I can't sleep and TV sucks and I don't feel like browsing the web I'll fire up a game and kill some pixelated bad guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 429849)

And you are a fucking dumbass, yet we don't go posting it.

marko138 12-04-2010 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 429867)

Playing games in my hotel room isn't the first thing that pops into my mind either, but sometimes at 1am when I can't sleep and TV sucks and I don't feel like browsing the web I'll fire up a game and kill some pixelated bad guys.

U mad?

pauldun170 12-04-2010 09:30 AM

Out of all the games I've played I have a problem with one game.
Response
" get a console!"

It's like I said I had a problem with my laptop and everyone responds with "git an iPad"

LeeNetworX 12-04-2010 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 429871)
U mad?

Yes. I am foaming at the mouth like a rabid dog.

Amber Lamps 12-04-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 429867)

PSP $160-200 browse the net, play games, make phone calls, listen to music, watch movies, whatever...

VatorMan 12-04-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 429935)
PSP $160-200 browse the net, play games, make phone calls, listen to music, watch movies, whatever...

I sold my PSP when I got my Ipad. Go figure.

Amber Lamps 12-04-2010 10:53 PM

I know why not buy a decent laptop.....

http://www.alienware.com/

Rangerscott 12-04-2010 11:22 PM

alienware. Haha

Dave 12-04-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 429953)
alienware. Haha

you mean dell

Rangerscott 12-04-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 429957)
you mean dell

Both.

Amber Lamps 12-05-2010 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 429958)
Both.

Whatever...twin duo core 2.83 Ghz processors, top of the line video/sound cards and 2 mirrored 500 G hard drives.... Um am I wrong for believing after only building a few surveillance cpus that most of the innards are made by a select few companies and all this brand talk is a waste of time... Oh and the guy who bought an e machine has something to say about Alienware? Really?
:lol:

Rangerscott 12-05-2010 09:55 AM

Ya I do. If you want to pay a higher price for a name go ahead. Also I don't game on a laptop hence the cheap laptop.

Dave 12-05-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 429977)
Ya I do. If you want to pay a higher price for a name go ahead. Also I don't game on a laptop hence the cheap laptop.

i game on mine, im only interested in older titles, emulation, and abandonware on it though. hp pavilion zd8000. keep the battery out of it and its a solid old powerhouse

Amber Lamps 12-05-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 429983)
i game on mine, im only interested in older titles, emulation, and abandonware on it though. hp pavilion zd8000. keep the battery out of it and its a solid old powerhouse

You know, that's one piece of advice I keep forgetting....leave the battery out! I have ruined at least 4 batteries that way.:lol:

BTW I know that I have way too much computer for my use. FWIW kinda on topic, I think that it's somewhat of a good thing that game programmers aim for consoles first, it allows those without the "best" computers to play games. I remember when you straight up couldn't play some PC titles unless you had some very high specs on your computer and laptops were almost impossible to play on period.:idk:

Amber Lamps 12-05-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 429977)

It's a bit more than just a name, you know... Case construction, back lit keys, totl processors, HDDs, screen, everything, warranty, customer service, etc. :idk:

Again, I agree that it can be too much but it's much like you saying that a MV Augusta F4 is "just a name" and no "better" than your bike just because you can't or won't use it's full capabilities. Not too mention the considerable upgrades in suspension, engine, brakes, wheels, um everything!:lol:

Rangerscott 12-05-2010 02:02 PM

No its not since there are other companies out there that use the same parts. I don't see agusta engines in kawasakis.

Amber Lamps 12-05-2010 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 430004)
No its not since there are other companies out there that use the same parts. I don't see agusta engines in kawasakis.

Hey that's a great point! I haven't seen this type of chassis on another laptop either... I do agree and have said the same thing, if you'll remember. I guess if you won't recognize that an Alienware laptop typically has higher grade components than most other brands, fine. BTW MV sources parts for their engines just like Kaw, Suz, etc and it is possible that the same company might supply your pistons and MV's BUT that doesn't make your bike "just as good".:lol:

LeeNetworX 12-08-2010 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 429935)

I know what you are getting at, but personally, I wouldn't want to buy and tag along another piece of hardware (AND buy games for it) on top of my laptop when it can do the same thing.

Amber Lamps 12-08-2010 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 430763)
I know what you are getting at, but personally, I wouldn't want to buy and tag along another piece of hardware (AND buy games for it) on top of my laptop when it can do the same thing.

True...I was thinking "instead of" not "in addition to"...:lol: Although, my PSP rides rather well in the side pocket of my laptop case. BTW you can download games onto the micro sd card. Personally, you might want a PSP Go.

http://us.playstation.com/psp/systems/pspgo.html

LeeNetworX 12-08-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 430811)
True...I was thinking "instead of" not "in addition to"...:lol:

Not an option for me; I need a laptop for my work. :)

Particle Man 12-08-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 430811)
True...I was thinking "instead of" not "in addition to"...:lol: Although, my PSP rides rather well in the side pocket of my laptop case. BTW you can download games onto the micro sd card. Personally, you might want a PSP Go.

http://us.playstation.com/psp/systems/pspgo.html

I have the 1001 and the 3001 PSP and both have kept me from boredom more times than I can count.

Rangerscott 12-08-2010 06:43 PM

I have angry birds. My "piece of fucking shit emachine" as tigger would says plays the half life 2 series well. I need to throw on jedi knight 2 and some other classics.

Ninjakel 12-08-2010 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 429849)

this!:lmao:

Rangerscott 12-08-2010 08:07 PM

Geeks run the world.

Amber Lamps 12-09-2010 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 430888)
I have angry birds. My "piece of fucking shit emachine" as tigger would says plays the half life 2 series well. I need to throw on jedi knight 2 and some other classics.

Hey you started it running down my Dell/Alienware...:lol: