Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   wally world (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9507)

Trip 07-22-2009 08:22 PM

wally world

1 Attachment(s)
old vs new, fuck you guys taking away my ice cream and charging me the same. You are on my shit list. The chocolate fudge brownie now tastes less like the ben and jerry's version too. I think they got a new supplier. Fuckers....

Rider 07-22-2009 09:02 PM

Am i missing something? It's the same brand but two different flavors.

thirdgenlxi 07-22-2009 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 245602)
Am i missing something? It's the same brand but two different flavors.

Looks like the new version is a smaller container, but still the same price

And yea, I hate China-Mart too. I worked there for 5 miserable years (don't even know why I stayed that long).... I try and avoid them at any cost cuz they're an absolute cluster f**k of a company (:gofurslf: China-Mart). I always try and support the smaller local businesses that they're always putting out of business when they open a new store

Phew... sorry, natural reaction :lol

Rider 07-22-2009 09:07 PM

Oh and BTW you have the same fucking counter tops I do, copycat. :nee:

racedoll 07-22-2009 09:12 PM

I noticed the packaging changed, but not the quality. But I don't buy ice cream there.

Amber Lamps 07-22-2009 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 245611)
I noticed the packaging changed, but not the quality. But I don't buy ice cream there.

It's not "quality" that has pissed him off, it's "quantity". I only buy Breyer's ice cream myself.:rockwoot:

Trip 07-22-2009 09:18 PM

Yeah, they shrank the size of the container, so you get less ice cream.

It's both tigger.

I loved the chocolate fudge brownie. I got addicted to ben & jerrys chocolate fudge brownie with Reese's peanut butter syrup at an actual ben & jerrys store in chattanooga. I don't like paying that much for that little ice cream from a grocery store because the ben & jerry containers are tiny and super expensive. I was able to find the flavor at wally world and it tasted exactly the same and they sell reeses peanut butter syrup in the store now too. So I could eat it at home for real cheap. With the redesign the ice cream tastes different. Either new recipe or new supplier. Don't know. I bought the cake batter to try it since it is the old container.

Rider 07-22-2009 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 245613)
It's not "quality" that has pissed him off, it's "quantity". I only buy Breyer's ice cream myself.:rockwoot:

Sometimes quantity is better the quality... Oh wait... your talking ice cream.

Mr Lefty 07-22-2009 09:20 PM

Quote:

actually it's both

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 245573)
old vs new, fuck you guys taking away my ice cream and charging me the same. You are on my shit list. The chocolate fudge brownie now tastes less like the ben and jerry's version too. I think they got a new supplier. Fuckers....

Trip 07-22-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 245617)
Sometimes quantity is better the quality... Oh wait... your talking ice cream.

in this case quality and quantity went down.

G-Rex 07-22-2009 09:21 PM

I'm spoiled on Cinnamon ice cream from Coldstone. It's 'spensive though, and that pisses me off. :lol:

Trip 07-22-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 245620)
I'm spoiled on Cinnamon ice cream from Coldstone. It's 'spensive though, and that pisses me off. :lol:

I sometimes go to them or marble slab, but no one has the reese's peanut butter syrup besides ben & jerrys and grocery stores. It's nectar from the gods.

Adeptus_Minor 07-22-2009 09:24 PM

Quote:

Speaking of quantity, isn't Breyer's the one that uses a process that whips more air into their ice cream fluffing it up?
You get less substance, but hey, I guess if it tastes good. :D

Adeptus_Minor 07-22-2009 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 245620)

My Coldstone favorite is to fold cheesecake into dutch chocolate.

Wow... thanks... you bastard... I'm supposed to be laying off the carbs :nee:

racedoll 07-22-2009 09:28 PM

I caught that it was the quantity of the product, but I always look at that so in this case I was looking at the quality. I'm the goof in the grocery store calculating the dollar per ounce, factoring in if I have coupons, etc.

However, if I know something tastes like shit, then I'm willing to pay more if a more expensive brand is better. Why waste the money or the calories if it tastes like crap?

G-Rex 07-22-2009 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 245627)
Wow... thanks... you bastard... I'm supposed to be laying off the carbs :nee:

What time do you go to work? My interview is at 10, so I'm guessin' that won't run more than 2 hours. Since I know you won't do a Chuy's mexican martini lunch, there's always Coldstone. :lol:

I'd prefer Chuys though. :D

Trip 07-22-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by racedoll (Post 245628)
However, if I know something tastes like shit, then I'm willing to pay more if a more expensive brand is better. Why waste the money or the calories if it tastes like crap?

It doesn't taste like shit, but it doesn't taste nearly as good. So I will search other brands for a better chocolate ice cream especially since they shrank size and got rid of the cost savings. I learned something tastes better to me in off brand than the name brand and other things are must buy name brand items. Ketchup is something I have to buy Hunts or Heinz. Salad dressing I have found some really good off brand versions. I prefer the walmart lemonade mix to the crystal light version. I buy on taste instead of price.

Amber Lamps 07-22-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 245624)
Speaking of quantity, isn't Breyer's the one that uses a process that whips more air into their ice cream fluffing it up?
You get less substance, but hey, I guess if it tastes good. :D

I thought that was Dreyer's or Edy's... Hmmm...:idk: but I like peach flavor!

Adeptus_Minor 07-22-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 245647)
I thought that was Dreyer's or Edy's... Hmmm...:idk: but I like peach flavor!

You're probably right... Breyer's, Dreyer's... easy mistake.
Dreyer's is the diet ice cream, right? Makes sense that they'd fluff it up so you aren't consuming as much actual fat. :lol:

OneSickPsycho 07-22-2009 10:34 PM

I don't buy ice cream, but I noticed the shredded cheese packaging changed... I bought the same shit I always do, but I noticed... I also noticed that it's cheaper to buy the two small bags instead of the one big bag...:boobs:

Homeslice 07-22-2009 10:41 PM

Pretty much every food company is reducing package size, so they can take the rising commodity costs and pass them onto the consumer without him or her knowing about it. Look at potato chips lately? Those little 2 oz bags, now they're like 1.8 or something.

Kaneman 07-22-2009 11:08 PM

FYI, Braums just did the same thing with their Ice Cream too.
________
CALIFORNIA MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY

Particle Man 07-23-2009 01:33 PM

I'll take my local Friendly's ice cream in the half gallon containers for 2.99 over that anyday.

unknownroad 07-23-2009 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 245680)
I also noticed that it's cheaper to buy the two small bags instead of the one big bag...:boobs:

I've been seeing that quite often lately... i also figure out the cost per unit, and while it's usually the "family size" item, more often now it's been the smaller one. Trying to trick people who always assume that larger is cheaper.

When i saw the OP mention taking away his ice cream, i thought they'd stolen it with those damned rotating bagger carousels. Every time i buy more than a couple of items they try to pull that shit on me. :nono:

Amber Lamps 07-23-2009 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unknownroad (Post 246079)
I've been seeing that quite often lately... i also figure out the cost per unit, and while it's usually the "family size" item, more often now it's been the smaller one. Trying to trick people who always assume that larger is cheaper.

When i saw the OP mention taking away his ice cream, i thought they'd stolen it with those damned rotating bagger carousels. Every time i buy more than a couple of items they try to pull that shit on me. :nono:

QFT!!! I notice that shit all the time as well and it's almost always a bad idea to buy the products on the end caps no matter what the signage says a bout it being on sale.

Dave 07-23-2009 07:51 PM

cant remember who made it but torilynne brought home this stuff that was like a mint moosetracks with girlscout thin mints in it that was the dog's bollocks

Rangerscott 07-23-2009 10:02 PM

I look for "get rid of shit" section down the auto section. LOL

Amber Lamps 07-24-2009 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 246295)
I look for "get rid of shit" section down the auto section. LOL

Dude, I love that area!!! Hell, I buy shit from there all the time!!!:rockwoot: