Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Bin laden dead (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19048)

pauldun170 05-01-2011 10:44 PM

Bin laden dead

Rangerscott 05-01-2011 10:52 PM

Pics or it didnt happen.

goof2 05-01-2011 10:52 PM

Good. My baser instincts hope they wrap his body in pig carcases before they bury him.

Corey 05-01-2011 10:52 PM

Obama is about to speak. MSNBC is saying that US troops have his body.

Rangerscott 05-01-2011 10:56 PM

The guy on nbc news is annoying me. Bottom of the screen says laden dead but he keeps intrupting people talking to repeat himself.

Laden may be dead but that isnt going to stop "TERRORISM".........spooky ghost.

pauldun170 05-01-2011 11:01 PM

Meh...rather finish watching A Bronx Tale

Dave 05-01-2011 11:07 PM

watching the phillies mets game. whole stadium has been chanting USA for about ten minutes now

Rangerscott 05-01-2011 11:10 PM

Family guy

derf 05-01-2011 11:12 PM

I don't believe it until I see obama show the long form death certificate.

in other news kate middelton was spotted in pakistan with a scoped rifle and a guillie suit

Mikey 05-01-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 467397)
Family guy

Me too.

Dave 05-01-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 467399)

in other news kate middelton was spotted in pakistan with a scoped rifle and a guillie suit

bahahahaha

Corey 05-01-2011 11:15 PM

Yay excessive hyperbole! Is this what our fucking news has become?

pauldun170 05-01-2011 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 467399)

:lol

derf 05-01-2011 11:20 PM

Obama's speech is reportedly delayed by Biden's insistence on having a fireworks display that says"FUCK YEAH!" on hand.

Dave 05-01-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 467404)
Obama's speech is reportedly delayed by Biden's insistence on having a fireworks display that says"FUCK YEAH!" on hand.

with katy perry soundtrack

pauldun170 05-01-2011 11:26 PM

Let it be known, if you attack the united states we will get you probably when you are old and sick 10-20 years later....probably a month before you were going to die of natural causes.

derf 05-01-2011 11:37 PM

Some where Bush is sitting in a corner rocking back and forth saying "no fair" over and over

Corey 05-01-2011 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 467409)
Some where Bush is sitting in a corner rocking back and forth saying "no fair" over and over

Not at all. He's drunk, riding 4 wheelers and trying to get that slightly retarded girl down the road to show Mr. President her big dumb tits.

derf 05-01-2011 11:41 PM

R.I.P Osama Bin Laden - World Hide And Go Seek Champion (2001 - 2011)

Dave 05-01-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey (Post 467410)
Not at all. He's drunk, riding 4 wheelers and trying to get that slightly retarded girl down the road to show Mr. President her big dumb tits.

nothing like underage retard titties

derf 05-01-2011 11:45 PM

Ok, I just finished watching the president speak. I kept waiting for Kanye west to pop out and say something

Corey 05-01-2011 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 467412)
nothing like underage retard titties

They're big, milky, and covered in melted chocolate and gum.

Dave 05-01-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey (Post 467414)
They're big, milky, and covered in melted chocolate and gum.

sometimes lost toys pop out from behind em

Dave 05-01-2011 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 467413)
Ok, I just finished watching the president speak. I kept waiting for Kanye west to pop out and say something

yo yo yo you did a nice job but beyonce had the best terrorist execution of all time oF ALL TIME!

derf 05-01-2011 11:50 PM

The homeless dude that lives in the park across from the white house is getting a little pissed right now

anthonyk 05-02-2011 12:11 AM

Damn, you guys are en fuego. :lol

pauldun170 05-02-2011 12:12 AM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/48/hes_dead.gif

101lifts2 05-02-2011 12:29 AM

Of course it took us 10 years to find him....how else would the government milk us for a 10 year war....then only to find the guy just slightly after starting another war.

Isn't America great!

Homeslice 05-02-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 467413)
I kept waiting for Kanye west to pop out and say something

You mean something like, I remember the flack Obama caught during the debate when he said if he had credible intelligence he would go into Pakistan and kill bin Laden. Who's complaining now?

derf 05-02-2011 12:54 AM

I don't remember that specific event, however, obama just made good on a campaign promise then.

In other news, expect anti american violence heightened security, and I bet every gov agency if planning for another terrorist attack

goof2 05-02-2011 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 467426)
You mean something like, I remember the flack Obama caught during the debate when he said if he had credible intelligence he would go into Pakistan and kill bin Laden. Who's complaining now?

I'm guessing much of Pakistan will be complaining shortly along with some others. Either way I didn't think Obama would do it and I'm glad I was wrong.

Homeslice 05-02-2011 12:55 AM

BTW.....

Amazing what you can accomplish when you look in the right country...

redflip

tallywacker 05-02-2011 01:51 AM

Penn State

http://i.imgur.com/7I2Rl.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91WPPcqbFQ4

tallywacker 05-02-2011 02:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCh7pH5sCt8

Porkchop 05-02-2011 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 467438)

Tens of thousands of Ohio State students erupted down and jumped into Mirror Lake while singing the national anthem and chanting USA. It is only legal to enter the lake the thursday before the Ohio State/Michigan football game in November. Cops stood and watched. This video was re-tweeted by the NY Times...

http://yfrog.com/6c3f9z

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 467440)

Fucking awesome..... :rockwoot::lol:

Particle Man 05-02-2011 07:15 AM

I'm having bacon for breakfast to commemorate the occasion.

Adeptus_Minor 05-02-2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 467445)
I'm having bacon for breakfast to commemorate the occasion.

You didn't need a reason. :nee::lol:

Particle Man 05-02-2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 467448)
You didn't need a reason. :nee::lol:

Exactly :lol

OneNotSoSickPsycho 05-02-2011 09:16 AM

Funny how a few months ago everyone was saying they hate Obama, and now everyone is saying he's a hero. Silly America.

Kaneman 05-02-2011 09:18 AM

Damn, I woke up to a Gulibull infestation this morning....

RACER X 05-02-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneNotSoSickPsycho (Post 467457)
Funny how a few months ago everyone was saying they hate Obama, and now everyone is saying he's a hero. Silly America.

Not sure how he's a hero, he said YES,go do it

That doesn't make him a hero, the spec ops team that went in,diff story

OneSickPsycho 05-02-2011 09:24 AM

Quote:

The masses are a fickle bunch.

Kaneman 05-02-2011 09:39 AM

Yo, I wonder if they finally found all those WMDs in that mansion he was supposedly in....

Particle Man 05-02-2011 09:41 AM

Quote:

I'm not everyone. I applaud the SEAL's who did the actual work.

That's it.

RACER X 05-02-2011 09:50 AM

Hmmmm possible pics

NSFW

http://theconservativetreehouse.word...ch-in-minutes/

Homeslice 05-02-2011 09:53 AM

LOL, college students would use any excuse to have a rally (riot).......even if they don't actually attend that college

the chi 05-02-2011 09:53 AM

I'm in the pics or it didnt happen group. To me it feels pretty staged, after all the hullabaloo Trump is stirring up, the low approval ratings that keep dropping and now all of a sudden, his reign is responsible for getting Bin Laden? Hmmmm...

Kaneman 05-02-2011 09:54 AM

Pics are supposed to be acceptable proof? Come on guys...

Homeslice 05-02-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 467466)

Thought he was much older than that

the chi 05-02-2011 09:56 AM

Well the fact that we gave enough of a shit to keep to his religious beliefs and he was BURIED at SEA lacks credibility...seriously, we just destroyed the proof we got the bastard. I'm sure they'll be giving us "proof" but the world will never really be sure.

Kaneman 05-02-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 467472)
seriously, we just destroyed the proof we got the bastard.

There is a reason for everything....

goof2 05-02-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 467472)
Well the fact that we gave enough of a shit to keep to his religious beliefs and he was BURIED at SEA lacks credibility...seriously, we just destroyed the proof we got the bastard. I'm sure they'll be giving us "proof" but the world will never really be sure.

I suspect they did so for the same reasons Adolf Eichmann was buried at sea. No country wants to host the grave site, it would be a nightmare to prevent vandalism from his detractors, and would be a rallying point for his supporters.

tommymac 05-02-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 467480)
I suspect they did so for the same reasons Adolf Eichmann was buried at sea. No country wants to host the grave site, it would be a nightmare to prevent vandalism from his detractors, and would be a rallying point for his supporters.

Thats what I am hearing on the news.

And good riddance you piece of shit

the chi 05-02-2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 467480)

While I understand that, and would agree to an extent with doing this, it still lends suspicion to whether or not we really got him. Perhaps hanging him from the walls for a few hours would have made this more reasonable.

fatbuckRTO 05-02-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 467484)
While I understand that, and would agree to an extent with doing this, it still lends suspicion to whether or not we really got him. Perhaps hanging him from the walls for a few hours would have made this more reasonable.

Even hanging his body from the White House gate would not be enough for some people. If you saw his corpse, would you be satisfied? Do you know what he looked like well enough from a few photographs and video footage that you could say for sure it wasn't a stunt corpse under a foot of facial hair? Would you clip a fingernail and do your own DNA test?

All we ever really had, or ever would have had, was the word of the government.

I'm glad he's dead.

goof2 05-02-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 467484)

I get the skepticism but Obama would have to be absolutely brain dead to make this claim without being certain. If Bin Laden were still alive all he would need to do is make and release a video with a Mark Twainian "Rumors of my demise have been greatly exaggerated" statement. It wouldn't surprise me if a video is on the shelf and does surface but I don't think it will have any proof of a date.

Sure this could be a ruse, but if so it has a massive downside and would be pretty easy to prove false.

Homeslice 05-02-2011 11:14 AM

As always, goof = the voice of reason

Homeslice 05-02-2011 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO (Post 467491)
I'm glad he's dead.

3:10 :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9n4s-lkYm0w

udman 05-02-2011 11:21 AM

Google maps reviews of the compound Bin Laden was in. It brings teh lolz...

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&rl...-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Corey 05-02-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 467466)

http://photoblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news...-photo-is-fake

Fake. Not saying that Osama isn't dead. I think he's tits up at the moment, and the soldiers are getting all their "fucking Bin Laden's dead body" pictures to post on facebook. But the pics released are fakes.

Papa_Complex 05-02-2011 11:31 AM

The only thing that I'm wondering, at this point, if we're going to find out that it's far easier to kill a terrorist leader than it is to kill a martyr?

fnfalman 05-02-2011 11:43 AM

Who gives a shit? Martyr or leader, kill'em all and let Allah sort'em out.

Let's see how many more of these hi-falutin' motherfuckers who are used to make the other dumbasses to go out and be martyrs, but now know that they are touchable. It may take some time but in the end, they all are touchable. Let's see how they like it now.

wildchild 05-02-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 467469)
I'm in the pics or it didnt happen group. To me it feels pretty staged, after all the hullabaloo Trump is stirring up, the low approval ratings that keep dropping and now all of a sudden, his reign is responsible for getting Bin Laden? Hmmmm...

and didn't his announcement timing interrupt Trump's show last night? he's gonna make the Donald mad. LOL

goof2 05-02-2011 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 467495)
As always, goof = the voice of reason

No, I just want to get to the REAL conspiracy. Why did Obama time the announcement to preempt the Celebrity Apprentice!:lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 467504)
The only thing that I'm wondering, at this point, if we're going to find out that it's far easier to kill a terrorist leader than it is to kill a martyr?

I really can't bring myself to care and no matter what the response is I think he had to be killed. From the point of view of America I think the option to not kill or capture him ceased to exist after 9/11. From the point of view of Bin Laden's jihadist followers have they really been holding back? The killing of Bin Laden only makes a difference if it motivates attacks that otherwise wouldn't have happened. It is my belief that any attack large enough to make us think twice about killing Bin Laden would have happened with our without his death.

Ultimately the good thing about the possibility of Bin Laden becoming a martyr is he has to be dead first.

goof2 05-02-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildchild (Post 467512)
and didn't his announcement timing interrupt Trump's show last night? he's gonna make the Donald mad. LOL

Dammit, you beat me to it.:td::lol:

Porkchop 05-02-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 467506)
Who gives a shit? Martyr or leader, kill'em all and let Allah sort'em out.

Let's see how many more of these hi-falutin' motherfuckers who are used to make the other dumbasses to go out and be martyrs, but now know that they are touchable. It may take some time but in the end, they all are touchable. Let's see how they like it now.

This :th::th::th:

Porkchop 05-02-2011 01:07 PM

LOL another video from real early this morning. More lake action. This one has "God Bless America", the National Anthem, and "We dont give a damn for the whole f*cking Taliban" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDCpe...e_gdata_player

derf 05-02-2011 01:20 PM

and here is how it actually happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiDyr...layer_embedded

Homeslice 05-02-2011 01:56 PM

The secret team that killed bin Laden
By Marc Ambinder
National Journal

From Ghazi Air Base in Pakistan, the modified MH-60 helicopters made their way to the garrison suburb of Abbottabad, about 30 miles from the center of Islamabad. Aboard were Navy SEALs, flown across the border from Afghanistan, along with tactical signals, intelligence collectors, and navigators using highly classified hyperspectral imagers.

After bursts of fire over 40 minutes, 22 people were killed or captured. One of the dead was Osama bin Laden, done in by a double tap -- boom, boom -- to the left side of his face. His body was aboard the choppers that made the trip back. One had experienced mechanical failure and was destroyed by U.S. forces, military and White House officials tell National Journal.

Were it not for this high-value target, it might have been a routine mission for the specially trained and highly mythologized SEAL Team Six, officially called the Naval Special Warfare Development Group, but known even to the locals at their home base Dam Neck in Virginia as just DevGru.

This HVT was special, and the raids required practice, so they replicated the one-acre compound at Camp Alpha, a segregated section of Bagram Air Base. Trial runs were held in early April.

DevGru belongs to the Joint Special Operations Command, an extraordinary and unusual collection of classified standing task forces and special-missions units. They report to the president and operate worldwide based on the legal (or extra-legal) premises of classified presidential directives. Though the general public knows about the special SEALs and their brothers in Delta Force, most JSOC missions never leak. We only hear about JSOC when something goes bad (a British aid worker is accidentally killed) or when something really big happens (a merchant marine captain is rescued at sea), and even then, the military remains especially sensitive about their existence. Several dozen JSOC operatives have died in Pakistan over the past several years. Their names are released by the Defense Department in the usual manner, but with a cover story -- generally, they were killed in training accidents in eastern Afghanistan. That's the code.

How did the helicopters elude the Pakistani air defense network? Did they spoof transponder codes? Were they painted and tricked out with Pakistan Air Force equipment? If so -- and we may never know -- two other JSOC units, the Technical Application Programs Office and the Aviation Technology Evaluation Group, were responsible. These truly are the silent squirrels -- never getting public credit and not caring one whit. Since 9/11, the JSOC units and their task forces have become the U.S. government's most effective and lethal weapon against terrorists and their networks, drawing plenty of unwanted, and occasionally unflattering, attention to themselves in the process.

JSOC costs the country more than $1 billion annually. The command has its critics, but it has escaped significant congressional scrutiny and has operated largely with impunity since 9/11. Some of its interrogators and operators were involved in torture and rendition, and the line between its intelligence-gathering activities and the CIA's has been blurred.

But Sunday's operation provides strong evidence that the CIA and JSOC work well together. Sometimes intelligence needs to be developed rapidly, to get inside the enemy's operational loop. And sometimes it needs to be cultivated, grown as if it were delicate bacteria in a petri dish.

In an interview at CIA headquarters two weeks ago, a senior intelligence official said the two proud groups of American secret warriors had been "deconflicted and basically integrated" -- finally -- 10 years after 9/11. Indeed, according to accounts given to journalists by five senior administration officials Sunday night, the CIA gathered the intelligence that led to bin Laden's location. A memo from CIA Director Leon Panetta sent Sunday night provides some hints of how the information was collected and analyzed. In it, he thanked the National Security Agency and the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency for their help. NSA figured out, somehow, that there was no telephone or Internet service in the compound. How it did this without Pakistan's knowledge is a secret. The NGIA makes the military's maps but also develops their pattern recognition software -- no doubt used to help establish, by February of this year, that the CIA could say with "high probability" that bin Laden and his family were living there.

Recently, JSOC built a new Targeting and Analysis Center in Rosslyn, Va. Where the NationalCounterterrorism Center tends to focus on threats to the homeland, TAAC, whose existence was first disclosed by the Associated Press, focuses outward, on active "kinetic" -- or lethal -- counterterrorism-missions abroad. Its creation surprised the NCTC's director, Michael Leiter, who was suspicious about its intent until he visited.

That the center could be stood up under the nose of some of the nation's most senior intelligence officials without their full knowledge testifies to the power and reach of JSOC, whose size has tripled since 9/11. The command now includes more than 4,000 soldiers and civilians. It has its own intelligence division, which may or may not have been involved in last night's effort, and has gobbled up a number of free-floating Defense Department entities that allowed it to rapidly acquire, test, and field new technologies.

Under a variety of standing orders, JSOC is involved in more than 50 current operations spanning a dozen countries, and its units, supported by so-called "white," or acknowledged, special operations entities like Rangers, Special Forces battalions, SEAL teams, and Air Force special ops units from the larger Special Operations Command, are responsible for most of the "kinetic" action in Afghanistan.

Pentagon officials are conscious of the enormous stress that 10 years of war have placed on the command. JSOC resources are heavily taxed by the operational tempo in Afghanistan and Pakistan, officials have said. The current commander, Vice Adm. William McRaven, and Maj. Gen. Joseph Votel, McRaven's nominated replacement, have been pushing to add people and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance technology to areas outside the war theater where al-Qaida and its affiliates continue to thrive.

Earlier this year, it seemed that the elite units would face the same budget pressures that the entire military was experiencing. Not anymore. The military found a way, largely by reducing contracting staff and borrowing others from the Special Operations Command, to add 50 positions to JSOC. And Votel wants to add several squadrons to the "Tier One" units -- Delta and the SEALs.

When Gen. Stanley McChrystal became JSOC's commanding general in 2004, he and his intelligence chief, Maj. Gen. Michael Flynn, set about transforming the way the subordinate units analyze and act on intelligence. Insurgents in Iraq were exploiting the slow decision loop that coalition commanders used, and enhanced interrogation techniques were frowned upon after the Abu Ghraib scandal. But the hunger for actionable tactical intelligence on insurgents was palpable.

The way JSOC solved this problem remains a carefully guarded secret, but people familiar with the unit suggest that McChrystal and Flynn introduced hardened commandos to basic criminal forensic techniques and then used highly advanced and still-classified technology to transform bits of information into actionable intelligence. One way they did this was to create forward-deployed fusion cells, where JSOC units were paired with intelligence analysts from the NSA and the NGA. Such analysis helped the CIA to establish, with a high degree of probability, that Osama bin Laden and his family were hiding in that particular compound.

These technicians could "exploit and analyze" data obtained from the battlefield instantly, using their access to the government's various biometric, facial-recognition, and voice-print databases. These cells also used highly advanced surveillance technology and computer-based pattern analysis to layer predictive models of insurgent behavior onto real-time observations.

The military has begun to incorporate these techniques across the services. And Flynn will soon be promoted to a job within the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, where he'll be tasked with transforming the way intelligence is gathered, analyzed, and utilized.

I think the question isn't how did they overlook a compound that was eight times the size of everything around it, with 12-18 foot walls, that was right down the street from the army installation...given that the place looked like a fortress, and they knew Osama was probably hiding out in Pakistan...hey, it could have been Ricky Martin, trying to lay low since he was outed as gay.

Slipped him into the drink in an awful hurry too. I'm sure it's all legit.

I think the question is; why did they pick 11:35 pm last night to re-elect Obama?

Hey, don't get me wrong, I like the guy...I'm just saying...

Why now?

Apoc 05-02-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 467469)

So because you dont like him, he couldnt have possibly caught Bin Laden?

I dont know how it feels 'staged', and I think if Bush had made this announcement, you'd be chanting his name from the rooftops.

Papa_Complex 05-02-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 467550)

I dont know how it feels 'staged', and I think if Bush had made this announcement, you'd be chanting his name from the rooftops.

Oh, come on now. It has got to be staged. Just like how Bush staged the 9/11 attacks :lol:

I'd be willing to bet that the people, who think this was staged, didn't say a word every time that the "threat level" rose, COINCIDENTALLY, when there was something in the news against the Bush government.

the chi 05-02-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Dude come on. Get real. Even if Bush was Prez and he did the same shit I'd say the same thing. I love the man (G.W.), but "killing" Osama and immediately disposing of the body in the same 24 hour span before it's even reported is fishy no matter who does it. If you don't see that you're dumber than you think.

tommymac 05-02-2011 02:59 PM

Quote:

its them making things even after the iran hostage crisis. Mostof that occured durring the carter administration, then regan comes in, they get released and Regan was the hero LOL

Apoc 05-02-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 467557)
but "killing" Osama and immediately disposing of the body in the same 24 hour span before it's even reported is fishy no matter who does it. If you don't see that you're dumber than you think.

Theres nothing fishy about it at all. They avoided the crap that comes with a high profile killing, and made sure he got an anonymous burial where there would be none of his supporters.

I have zero doubt they killed him. The only 'dumb' thing in this thread is the people pretending this should have been handled differently. Theres nothing fishy about it. Just like the Russians not parading Hitlers body, and instead disposing of it anonymously. Thats what you do with people like this, period.

Did you expect them to put the body on display? Maybe pass out pictures to make you feel better about it? They avoided the shitstorm that would have come from his muslim supoorters, and you cant blame them.

tallywacker 05-02-2011 03:23 PM

Oh god fucking Bin Laden truthers now

Archren 05-02-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apoc (Post 467559)
Did you expect them to put the body on display? Maybe pass out pictures to make you feel better about it? They avoided the shitstorm that would have come from his muslim supoorters, and you cant blame them.

This. We certainly had enough of that sort of debacle after Abu Ghraib. And the joes in Afghanistan with their trophy pictures.

101lifts2 05-02-2011 03:27 PM

How do we know the guy wasn't dead 2 years ago? Maybe this was simply the cat in the bag waking to be let out at the right moment.

I honestly don't trust any government as far as I can throw it. This one is no exception.

Anyone remember a mobster from here in Jersey called "The Iceman"?

goof2 05-02-2011 03:50 PM

I'm getting the feeling there are enough people skeptical of the claim that the death photo the government says they have will be released. I also get the feeling that will accomplish nothing.

I suppose that the claim Bin Laden is dead could be false, but in order to feel safe making that claim the government would still need to have Bin Laden in custody. That is just as good to me though. Capturing him and keeping him around for information certainly makes sense while falsely claiming he is dead and gone eliminates the hassles openly holding him would create.

For all I know they could be wheeling him Hannibal Lecter style in to Guantanamo Bay right now with the intention of him never being heard from publicly again. About the only thing that makes me somewhat reluctant to believe that scenario is my impression that Obama wouldn't want to do it. Of course candidate Obama couldn't wait to close that prison while President Obama has reluctantly accepted its necessity so who knows.:shrug:

zerioustt 05-02-2011 03:58 PM

There was a guy blogging about what was going on at obama's compound who lived very closs by. Also I agee that there was no way they were going to parade his body around for everyone to see him. what makes no sense is Obama getting all this praise. The seals got a beat on him and asked if they could move forward. Even then Obama probably didn't give the authority.

azoomm 05-02-2011 04:03 PM

We just created a martyr.

I think it's going to get worse. Now, much worse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerioustt (Post 467571)
There was a guy blogging about what was going on at obama's compound who lived very closs by. Also I agee that there was no way they were going to parade his body around for everyone to see him. what makes no sense is Obama getting all this praise. The seals got a beat on him and asked if they could move forward. Even then Obama probably didn't give the authority.

This guy... http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/social....rts/index.html

tallywacker 05-02-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 467574)

This guy... http://www.cnn.com/2011/TECH/social....rts/index.html

Who cares, those that hate us are always going to hate us.

Just like there will always be idiots that believe 9/11 was fake, Obama is from Africa, and Bin Laden is still alive.

Archren 05-02-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 467574)

Point. But, we didn't create the martyr.. he knew what he was doing from the very beginning by plotting and taking credit for the 9/11 attacks. So.. he signed his own death warrant ten years ago. And, as someone mentioned in an article, I'm glad his death was up close and personal, double-tap in the face, and not some anonymous drone plane.

That being said... on a mildly amusing note.. one of his wives threw him under the bus: http://battleland.blogs.time.com/201...rndest-things/

azoomm 05-02-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archren (Post 467578)
Point. But, we didn't create the martyr.. he knew what he was doing from the very beginning by plotting and taking credit for the 9/11 attacks. So.. he signed his own death warrant ten years ago. And, as someone mentioned in an article, I'm glad his death was up close and personal, double-tap in the face, and not some anonymous drone plane.

That being said... on a mildly amusing note.. one of his wives threw him under the bus: http://battleland.blogs.time.com/201...rndest-things/

Meh, we aren't dealing with logical people in a logical situation. This is one of those deals where... OH yeah, well you killed MY pawn so I'm going to get even... It doesn't matter who started it, it is just constant and will continue as long as someone is willing to pick up the cause. I'm quite sure there are fanatics out there that will take up his cause. I mean, he does have 25 or 26 children.

I heard about her using his name, I also saw a report that he used one of his wives as a human shied. Curious if he was getting even...

Sixxxxer 05-02-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 467577)
Who cares, those that hate us are always going to hate us.

Just like there will always be idiots that believe 9/11 was fake, Obama is from Africa, and Bin Laden is still alive.

9/11 Certainly wasnt fake...you dont just "Fake 3,000 People Dying" Do I think a plane hit the pentagon? No...And nothing you do or say will convince me otherwise.

Bin laden on the otherhand? I'm happy he's dead. I dont second guess him being dead...But I dont really think it it changes anything. Do troops get to come home? No...if anything, it's gonna make for more outbursts or some young hotshot al queda who thinks he's the predecessor to Bin Laden trying to stir shit up.

defector 05-02-2011 04:21 PM

So am I the only one who had flashbacks of every "asteroid apocalypse" (Armageddon, Deep Impact, Fifth Element, etc) movie of the last 10 years or so as Obama was walking up to the podium (before they put the graphic on the bottom of the screen)?

Papa_Complex 05-02-2011 04:26 PM

So has Trump claimed responsibility for it yet?

Homeslice 05-02-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defector (Post 467581)
So am I the only one who had flashbacks of every "asteroid apocalypse" (Armageddon, Deep Impact, Fifth Element, etc) movie of the last 10 years or so as Obama was walking up to the podium ?

I'm guessing you were.

goof2 05-02-2011 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerioustt (Post 467571)

While it looks to me like the media has already started going overboard with praise Obama does at the very least deserve some of it. From what I have seen so far this wasn't some random piece of information the SEALs stumbled upon. It was the culmination of years of work by the intelligence community to track Bin Laden down and having the will to authorize, create, and execute a plan to act on that information. There is no way that could have happened without direction from the White House and ultimately Obama.

On the authority thing specifically, Obama claims he gave the authority, I have no reason to doubt it, and considering this raid involved effectively invading a sovereign nation, if only for a short time, I suspect Obama's authority was required.

Homeslice 05-02-2011 04:50 PM

Can't ever satisfy the Muslim community, lol:

Islamic scholars criticize bin Laden's sea burial
By HAMZA HENDAWI, Associated Press Hamza Hendawi, Associated Press Mon May 2, 1:25 pm ET

CAIRO – Muslim clerics said Monday that Osama bin Laden's burial at sea was a violation of Islamic tradition that may further provoke militant calls for revenge attacks against American targets.

Although there appears to be some room for debate over the burial — as with many issues within the faith — a wide range of senior Islamic scholars interpreted it as a humiliating disregard for the standard Muslim practice of placing the body in a grave with the head pointed toward the holy city of Mecca.

Sea burials can be allowed, they said, but only in special cases where the death occurred aboard a ship.

Bin Laden's burial at sea "runs contrary to the principles of Islamic laws, religious values and humanitarian customs," said Sheik Ahmed al-Tayeb, the grand Imam of Cairo's al-Azhar mosque, Sunni Islam's highest seat of learning.

A radical cleric in Lebanon, Omar Bakri Mohammed, said, "The Americans want to humiliate Muslims through this burial, and I don't think this is in the interest of the U.S. administration."

A U.S. official said the burial decision was made after concluding that it would have been difficult to find a country willing to accept the remains. There was also speculation about worry that a grave site could have become a rallying point for militants.

The official spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive national security matters.

President Barack Obama said the remains had been handled in accordance with Islamic custom, which requires speedy burial, and the Pentagon later said the body was placed into the waters of the northern Arabian Sea after adhering to traditional Islamic procedures — including washing the corpse — aboard the aircraft carrier USS Carl Vinson.

But the Lebanese cleric Mohammed called it a "strategic mistake" that was bound to stoke rage.

In Washington, CIA director Leon Panetta warned that "terrorists almost certainly will attempt to avenge" the killing of the mastermind behind the Sept. 11 attacks.

"Bin Laden is dead," Panetta wrote in a memo to CIA staff. "Al-Qaida is not."

According to Islamic teachings, the highest honor to be bestowed on the dead is giving the deceased a swift burial, preferably before sunset. Those who die while traveling at sea can have their bodies committed to the bottom of the ocean if they are far off the coast, according to Islamic tradition.

"They can say they buried him at sea, but they cannot say they did it according to Islam," Mohammed al-Qubaisi, Dubai's grand mufti, said about bin Laden's burial. "If the family does not want him, it's really simple in Islam: You dig up a grave anywhere, even on a remote island, you say the prayers and that's it."

"Sea burials are permissible for Muslims in extraordinary circumstances," he added. "This is not one of them."

But Mohammed Qudah, a professor of Islamic law at the University of Jordan, said burying the Saudi-born bin Laden at sea was not forbidden if there was nobody to receive the body and provide a Muslim burial.

"The land and the sea belong to God, who is able to protect and raise the dead at the end of times for Judgment Day," he said. "It's neither true nor correct to claim that there was nobody in the Muslim world ready to receive bin Laden's body."

Clerics in Iraq, where an offshoot of al-Qaida is blamed for the death of thousands of people since 2003, also criticized the U.S. action. One said it only benefited fish.

"If a man dies on a ship that is a long distance from land, then the dead man should be buried at the sea," said Shiite cleric Ibrahim al-Jabari. "But if he dies on land, then he should be buried in the ground, not to be thrown into the sea. Otherwise, this would be only inviting fish to a banquet."

The Islamic tradition of a quick burial was the subject of intense debate in Iraq in 2003 when U.S. forces embalmed the bodies of Saddam Hussein's two sons after they were killed in a firefight. Their bodies were later shown to media.

"What was done by the Americans is forbidden by Islam and might provoke some Muslims," said another Islamic scholar from Iraq, Abdul-Sattar al-Janabi, who preaches at Baghdad's famous Abu Hanifa mosque. "It is not acceptable and it is almost a crime to throw the body of a Muslim man into the sea. The body of bin Laden should have been handed over to his family to look for a country or land to bury him."

Prominent Egyptian Islamic analyst and lawyer Montasser el-Zayat said bin Laden's sea burial was designed to prevent his grave from becoming a shrine. But an option was an unmarked grave.

"They don't want to see him become a symbol, but he is already a symbol in people's hearts."

Sixxxxer 05-02-2011 04:51 PM

http://i55.tinypic.com/4gji1w.png
http://i.imgur.com/JbU2F.png

EpyonXero 05-02-2011 06:17 PM

http://i.imgur.com/KDssc.jpg

Apoc 05-02-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avatard (Post 467567)
Anyone remember a mobster from here in Jersey called "The Iceman"?

Ya, I actually read a couple of books about him. Richard Kuklinski.

EpyonXero 05-02-2011 07:46 PM

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/05/02...6f4ba135f6.jpg

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/05/02...k-champion.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 467582)
So has Trump claimed responsibility for it yet?

http://www.boingboing.net/2011/05/02...2ef348fe_z.jpg

pauldun170 05-02-2011 08:01 PM

I didn't realize we were the type of country that was supposed to be hauling the enemies corpse around to parade around on a publicity tour.

Anywhooze awesome pics guys

pauldun170 05-02-2011 08:04 PM

As for the people complaining about how we disposed of his carcass, they would complain no matter what we did..... F'em

Corey 05-02-2011 08:15 PM

I hope they wrapped him in bacon, basted his body with a honey glaze, stuffed his insides with sausage, and maybe put an apple in the mouth as a proper presentation to the sea creatures that will be feasting on his remains.

Apoc 05-02-2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corey (Post 467612)
I hope they wrapped him in bacon, basted his body with a honey glaze, stuffed his insides with sausage, and maybe put an apple in the mouth as a proper presentation to the sea creatures that will be feasting on his remains.

I'd prefer they stuffed him with candy and gave people blindfolds and poles.

derf 05-02-2011 09:23 PM

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._6011191_n.jpg

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot..._4494311_n.jpg