Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Erik back in the game. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16317)

marko138 09-08-2010 09:37 AM

Erik back in the game.

I'm excited. Erik Buell is coming back to the street bike game.

Quote:

The 1190RS will be the new street bike from Erik Buell Racing! The design is currently in the pre-production / testing stage and is not yet available for public sale. Show your support and be the very first to get your new 1190RS and new EBR logo merchandise! Check back here Tuesday, September 14th for the 1190RS "teaser" video featuring music from Wratchet Head the new project from Michael Wilton of Queensryche!
Details sketchy but I like it. I wish him the best.

http://www.ratpakrecordsamerica.com/erikbuell

Now you assholes can post how shitty the bike will be...

Rider 09-08-2010 09:50 AM

1190cc? Will that still compete in the 600cc class?

tommymac 09-08-2010 09:52 AM

I wonder if this means when his clause expires in Feb he will be starting out on his own or will try to hook up with a major manufacturer.

I was kinda hoping he went with victory since we have a good shop that handles them AND sportbikes not too far from home.

marko138 09-08-2010 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 407188)
I wonder if this means when his clause expires in Feb he will be starting out on his own or will try to hook up with a major manufacturer.

I was kinda hoping he went with victory since we have a good shop that handles them AND sportbikes not too far from home.

I sorta hope he lands with Victory too. I'd like to see them do good things with a EB street bike.

Dave 09-08-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 407184)
I'm excited. Erik Buell is coming back to the street bike game.

Details sketchy but I like it. I wish him the best.

http://www.ratpakrecordsamerica.com/erikbuell

Now you assholes can post how shitty the bike will be...

Ill wait on comments on the bike, but that video is gonna suck

shmike 09-08-2010 10:08 AM

I want to like Erik, really.

Unfortunately, I think he has too much Harley in his blood.

"Come support Erik Buell Racing! We don't actually race but we have cool new t-shirts, hoodies and beanies. IN BLACK!"

Dave 09-08-2010 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 407194)

"Come support Erik Buell Racing! We don't actually race but we have cool new t-shirts, hoodies and beanies. IN BLACK!"

I hate anyone who supports the distribution and useage of beanies

karl_1052 09-08-2010 10:54 AM

Um, I guess Erik did learn one thing at Harley.

Clothes sell more than bikes!

There are 13 pics of clothing for sale and 4 pictures of bikes(one of which is the 1125).

Mudpuppy 09-08-2010 10:56 AM

Erik who?

wildchild 09-08-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 407206)

There are 13 pics of clothing for sale and 4 pictures of bikes(one of which is the 1125).

that's because there's a whole lot of wannabes who can't spend the coin on a bike but they'll fork over $50 or better for a shirt or hat that makes them look like they have the bike. I asked a guy one time who was wearing HD chaps what kind of bike he had. none but I'm hoping to get one this year. at least he looked the part.

smileyman 09-08-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Umm he does race? Daytona Superbike, Geoff May, top tens hello?

shmike 09-08-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 407224)

To be honest I didn't realize they were back out there. Good for them.

I still see them as a t-shirt company that also builds motorcycles. :idk:

Trip 09-08-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 407224)

Ama stopped counting as racing when they let a 1125 in the 600 class.

smileyman 09-08-2010 12:09 PM

True the AMA lost some credibility with Roger Edmunson at the helm last year but they have come along way since he stepped down.

The 1190 has been run all year against the 1000s in Daytona Superbike and for a shoesring team, done very respectably. In Europe the 1190 clinched the Euro Twins championship, so yeah they race and now we get an opportunity to street title them again. I for one will consider it heavily against the new ZX10.

Evadd 09-08-2010 01:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 407206)

good thing i read the replies before posting, b/c i was going to say the same thing - in my head, i had the exact same phrasing as Karl, too. :lol:

Adeptus_Minor 09-08-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

So he learned marketing from Harley? What's wrong with that?
Now he has the chance to do for himself what Harley never would do for him.
(market the brand properly)

Mr Lefty 09-08-2010 04:25 PM

I'd like to see him get back in the game... another option for bikes is never a bad thing IMO.

as far as marketing goes... it's America... land of wannabe's and Posers... everyone wants to look the part... very few actually ARE the part. I see no harm in making a small fortune off them :2cents:

tommymac 09-08-2010 04:26 PM

I wonder if he truly learned from harley and will ridiculously overprice all the apparel. :lol:

Particle Man 09-08-2010 04:54 PM

I was stoked... until I clicked the link. Seriously, I had to scroll 3/4 of the way down the page just to get to the bike and past the sweatshirts and other clothing. Weak sauce.

DLIT 09-08-2010 05:26 PM

I can't wait to see it...and make fun of how ugly it will be. The 1190...the 600 killer!

Tmall 09-08-2010 05:29 PM

I really hope they come out with a new 1190cr. I could see one of those in my future.

derf 09-08-2010 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 407322)
I was stoked... until I clicked the link. Seriously, I had to scroll 3/4 of the way down the page just to get to the bike and past the sweatshirts and other clothing. Weak sauce.

I didnt even see the bike, I gave up on the clothes

Porkchop 09-08-2010 08:28 PM

So what will be the powerplant on the thing? Does EB still have ties with Rotax, or did he lose contract when HD axed him?

smileyman 09-08-2010 10:12 PM

Rotax is still in tight with him, his contract with them preceded being purchased by H-D but they haven't done anything but this one engine and were developing the 1190 version when H-D droppedhim on his head.

Dave 09-08-2010 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 407383)
Rotax is still in tight with him, his contract with them preceded being purchased by H-D but they haven't done anything but this one engine and were developing the 1190 version when H-D droppedhim on his head.

i want to see a v4 or a triple goddamit.

tallywacker 09-08-2010 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 407384)

Or wouldn't it be INSANE to build a American I-4 bike to compete with Japanese supersports. Maybe actually match the displacement for the classes they like to bullshit into? I think a lot of people would be happy to trade in there foreign 600's and 1000's to try an American version of a bike in a class they are already in. KTM's and BMW's are already popping up at tracks everywhere. Get crazy buell.

Dave 09-09-2010 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 407397)
Or wouldn't it be INSANE to build a American I-4 bike to compete with Japanese supersports. Maybe actually match the displacement for the classes they like to bullshit into? I think a lot of people would be happy to trade in there foreign 600's and 1000's to try an American version of a bike in a class they are already in. KTM's and BMW's are already popping up at tracks everywhere. Get crazy buell.

dont get me wrong, id love to see this too. the fact that 99% of american bikes only have one engine style irks the fuck out of me. we didnt invent the v2, so why is it the only acceptable choice? its pure insanity.

Tmall 09-09-2010 06:40 AM

Quote:

Erik could build a 300hp v-7 power plant and make his bikes handle even better, and people would still complain about something.. "look he's trying to sell a t-shirt to keep his business going! GET HIM!!"

marko138 09-09-2010 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 407371)
So what will be the powerplant on the thing? Does EB still have ties with Rotax, or did he lose contract when HD axed him?

Rotax tried to buy Buell when HD made the closure announcement. HD denied them. Assholes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 407428)
Erik could build a 300hp v-7 power plant and make his bikes handle even better, and people would still complain about something.. "look he's trying to sell a t-shirt to keep his business going! GET HIM!!"

Absolutely the truest post of ALL FUCKING TIME.

OneSickPsycho 09-09-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 407322)

Agreed. However, it did get me to check out erikbuellracing.com.

Quote:

Fuck that... fuck I4's. Yeah, they win at the track, but they are the gingers of the bike world IMHO... without a soul. A V4 however... I'd leg hump that. And if you want to blame someone for 1125's in the 600 class, the AMA should be your first call.

Dave 09-09-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 407457)

Fuck that... fuck I4's. Yeah, they win at the track, but they are the gingers of the bike world IMHO... without a soul. A V4 however... I'd leg hump that. And if you want to blame someone for 1125's in the 600 class, the AMA should be your first call.

i rode this a few weeks ago and it had soul and was superbad

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...820_124702.jpg

:rockwoot:

smileyman 09-09-2010 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 407384)

I'd be keen on a V4! And I wonder if there are any of those old Petronas Triple mills laying about anywhere??

I get the V Twin American bike thing tho, twins are just cool. Only thing is we have an addiction for overpowering everything in the US. If it is a twin it better, by god, be 1800ccs, If it is a 4 cyl it better rev to 18,000 and make 200 hp...

Dave 09-09-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 407464)
I'd be keen on a V4! And I wonder if there are any of those old Petronas Triple mills laying about anywhere??

I get the V Twin American bike thing tho, twins are just cool. Only thing is we have an addiction for overpowering everything in the US. If it is a twin it better, by god, be 1800ccs, If it is a 4 cyl it better rev to 18,000 and make 200 hp...

right, v4 seems to be the easiest choice considering our addiction to the v layout. and as i understand it there are warehouses full of crated FP1's in europe in limbo status. fucking shame really, you'd think someone would sell them. prolly just get crushed :td:

a modern competitive triple would have to be around 1100 ccs though ;) still have high hopes triumph gets their shit together on that :lol:

marko138 09-09-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 407457)

You're speaking my language, son.

Rider 09-09-2010 10:22 AM

An American made V4? I'd rub one out daily on that thing if I owned one.

smileyman 09-09-2010 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 407465)
right, v4 seems to be the easiest choice considering our addiction to the v layout. and as i understand it there are warehouses full of crated FP1's in europe in limbo status. fucking shame really, you'd think someone would sell them. prolly just get crushed :td:

a modern competitive triple would have to be around 1100 ccs though ;) still have high hopes triumph gets their shit together on that :lol:

It is past time. The 675 has been carrying the sporty class for them too long. An 1100 cc Daytona would be the berries.

and if I had some capitol I would import those FP1s and start a buy in spec class to run alongside WERA/CCS weekends...

OneSickPsycho 09-09-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 407463)
i rode this a few weeks ago and it had soul and was superbad

:rockwoot:

Modern water-cooled I4's I should say... I think they are just too damn smooth...

Dnyce 09-09-2010 11:25 AM

Quote:

this. soulless or not, i4's sell.

Dave 09-09-2010 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 407492)
Modern water-cooled I4's I should say... I think they are just too damn smooth...

Ironic considering the inherent balance problems of the i4

karl_1052 09-09-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Even the Buell guy agrees.

Lets Get Him!

Adeptus_Minor 09-09-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Erik could build a 300hp v-7 power plant and make his bikes handle even better, and people would still complain about something..

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 407434)

Absolutely the truest post of ALL FUCKING TIME.

I have to wonder, how many kids' puppies can a guy run over in a lifetime to generate all that :aide: ?
Is it just because he got into bed with Harley?
He had to go with whoever would back his company, and even Harley and the majority of their banner-waving horde never accepted him.
There's gotta be some love out there somewhere for a guy trying to do it different. :idk:

Dave 09-09-2010 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 407554)
I have to wonder, how many kids' puppies can a guy run over in a lifetime to generate all that :aide: ?
Is it just because he got into bed with Harley?
He had to go with whoever would back his company, and even Harley and the majority of their banner-waving horde never accepted him.
There's gotta be some love out there somewhere for a guy trying to do it different. :idk:

Different is fine. Ugly, not so much

Tmall 09-09-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 407556)

If you've seen the Barracuda 2 and you think it's ugly, then please define good looking?

Dave 09-09-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 407562)
If you've seen the Barracuda 2 and you think it's ugly, then please define good looking?

The b2 I liked. Most everything else was an offense to the optic nerves

Tmall 09-09-2010 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 407565)
The b2 I liked. Most everything else was an offense to the optic nerves

Well, the Barracuda 2 WAS the 1190rr..

Adeptus_Minor 09-09-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 407556)

Meh, I've give you that.
The styling has been hit or miss...it's not for everyone.
Frankly, as an 1125R owner, I think the XB's looked better... but that's neither here nor there.
Buell designs don't look like many other offerings in the motorcycle world, and I think that's part of what makes them great.
If you want to ride something that looks like everything else with slightly different bodywork and color schemes, more power to you. :shrug:

marko138 09-09-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 407570)
Meh, I've give you that.
The styling has been hit or miss...it's not for everyone.
Frankly, as an 1125R owner, I think the XB's looked better... but that's neither here nor there.
Buell designs don't look like many other offerings in the motorcycle world, and I think that's part of what makes them great.
If you want to ride something that looks like everything else with slightly different bodywork and color schemes, more power to you. :shrug:

I'm with you on this. I love the look of my XB. I know they are odd bikes. Thats why I like them.

Dave 09-09-2010 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 407566)
Well, the Barracuda 2 WAS the 1190rr..

No guarantee that's what he's alluding to now though.

Tmall 09-09-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 407576)
No guarantee that's what he's alluding to now though.

Except for videos of him starting it up with turn signals and a "street" cooling fan..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWTZU...ayer_embedded#!

smileyman 09-09-2010 03:33 PM

It's B E A Utiful. You want ugly? Check out the asymmetrical BMW, The Aprillia V4, or the new Kawi 10. I'll be first to admit the 1125 has some bad angles, but it looks like the B2 is on the mark.

Porkchop 09-09-2010 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 407611)
Except for videos of him starting it up with turn signals and a "street" cooling fan..

START THAT MOTHER F'ER NAO!!!!!!!!!o

Dave 09-09-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 407611)

all i see is burns on my thighs if i ride that thing :lol:

Dnyce 09-10-2010 04:50 AM

thats a nice looking racebike with turn signals lol-looks similar to the yellow bike that was shown around the interwebz awhile back. alotta ppl seemed to like that one, style wise.

if the final result looks good and runs even better, id be interested.