Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Slappin yo problems away... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10236)

Kaneman 09-02-2009 04:58 PM

Slappin yo problems away...

Police: Wal-Mart Shopper Slaps Crying Child
Roger Stephens Charged With Felony Cruelty To Children, Held Without Bond

POSTED: 9:26 am EDT September 2, 2009
UPDATED: 3:22 pm EDT September 2, 2009

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. -- A Wal-Mart shopper who became so angry about a crying child that he allegedly slapped the girl in the face appeared in court Wednesday.

Investigators said the incident happened Monday at the Stone Mountain store on Rockbridge Road.

A police report said the man, Roger Stephens, 61, of Stone Mountain, had warned the child’s mother, Sonya Mathews, that if she didn’t quiet down the child, he would do it for her.

Let us know what you think about this story on our Twitter and Facebook pages!

According to the report, after the mother failed to quiet the girl, Stephens came up to them and slapped the child several times in the face.

The report then quotes Stephens as saying, “See, I told you I would shut her up.”

Mathews then screamed at Stephens and called for security, the report said. Stephens was stopped by another shopper, according to the report.

The girl, identified in the report as Paige Mathews, 2, was not injured, but did suffer some redness in the face. She was treated at the scene and released, the report said.

Stephens was charged with cruelty with children in the first degree, which is a felony. He is being held in the Gwinnett County Detention Center without bond.
Copyright 2009 by cbsatlanta.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

pauldun170 09-02-2009 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 260681)
Police: Wal-Mart Shopper Slaps Crying Child
Roger Stephens Charged With Felony Cruelty To Children, Held Without Bond

POSTED: 9:26 am EDT September 2, 2009
UPDATED: 3:22 pm EDT September 2, 2009

STONE MOUNTAIN, Ga. -- A Wal-Mart shopper who became so angry about a crying child that he allegedly slapped the girl in the face appeared in court Wednesday.

Investigators said the incident happened Monday at the Stone Mountain store on Rockbridge Road.

A police report said the man, Roger Stephens, 61, of Stone Mountain, had warned the child’s mother, Sonya Mathews, that if she didn’t quiet down the child, he would do it for her.

Let us know what you think about this story on our Twitter and Facebook pages!

According to the report, after the mother failed to quiet the girl, Stephens came up to them and slapped the child several times in the face.

The report then quotes Stephens as saying, “See, I told you I would shut her up.”

Mathews then screamed at Stephens and called for security, the report said. Stephens was stopped by another shopper, according to the report.

The girl, identified in the report as Paige Mathews, 2, was not injured, but did suffer some redness in the face. She was treated at the scene and released, the report said.

Stephens was charged with cruelty with children in the first degree, which is a felony. He is being held in the Gwinnett County Detention Center without bond.
Copyright 2009 by cbsatlanta.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Lock that asshole up and have a grown man slap him around.

Antwanny 09-02-2009 05:08 PM

Old people are hilarious.

tommymac 09-02-2009 05:12 PM

only at walmart :lol:

tom

Apoc 09-02-2009 06:07 PM

If it was my kid, i'd probably be the one in jail, not him. Cocksucker.

RACER X 09-02-2009 10:01 PM

i woulda beat the ever livin crap outta that old man, only designated people can spank my kid.....

MikeSP1 09-02-2009 10:05 PM

it wasn't even his kid...

azoomm 09-03-2009 09:02 AM

Gotcha... so, we shouldn't hit kids?

Kaneman 09-03-2009 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 260901)

Not unless you have a legal right to them or they attack you first!

shmike 09-03-2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 260901)

Violence begets violence.

Apoc 09-03-2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 260909)
Violence begets violence.

:lol

HokieDNA01 09-03-2009 10:46 AM

Kaneman weren't you the one that posted the thread telling parents to start beating their kids again? You even suggesting "snatching and beating other's kids"

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10141

;)

Adeptus_Minor 09-03-2009 11:14 AM

http://www.kaneva.com/asset/4150338.media

Kaneman 09-03-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 (Post 260967)
Kaneman weren't you the one that posted the thread telling parents to start beating their kids again? You even suggesting "snatching and beating other's kids"

http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=10141

;)

I was, but I didn't think this guy was a forum member...and I didn't know he'd take me seriously!! hahaha

Tmall 09-03-2009 11:54 AM

:idk: If I had kids and they wouldn't shut up, I'd leave with them.

He essentially did something most of us wish we had the balls to do. And now he's going to pay the price for that.

Mama probably learned a pretty good parenting lesson, which is her kid fucking sucks.

I think since the kid was so young, he should have slapped her mother.

karl_1052 09-03-2009 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 261016)
:idk: If I had kids and they wouldn't shut up, I'd leave with them.

He essentially did something most of us wish we had the balls to do. And now he's going to pay the price for that.

Mama probably learned a pretty good parenting lesson, which is her kid fucking sucks.

I think since the kid was so young, he should have slapped her mother.

If the mother was allowed to do her job and slap the kid, then the dude would be happliy enjoying the bonbons he was trying to purchase in his leisure suit.

Tmall 09-03-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 261025)
If the mother was allowed to do her job and slap the kid, then the dude would be happliy enjoying the bonbons he was trying to purchase in his leisure suit.

The mother is allowed to spank the child. She let it run loose until somebody had enough, and now she's the victim?

What about that responsibility that we all harp on about? The child was her responsibility. She should have shut it up, or taken it home.

And again, I'm not advocating knocking the shit out of kids. But, this one wasn't injured and I'm sure both it and it's mother got the point pretty well.

Kaneman 09-03-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 261041)
The mother is allowed to spank the child. She let it run loose until somebody had enough, and now she's the victim?

What about that responsibility that we all harp on about? The child was her responsibility. She should have shut it up, or taken it home.

And again, I'm not advocating knocking the shit out of kids. But, this one wasn't injured and I'm sure both it and it's mother got the point pretty well.

Actually, spanking your kids in public is a fairly risky proposition. All it takes is one person who is anti-corporal punishment to call the police and you could easily find yourself in trouble.

Tmall 09-03-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 261049)
Actually, spanking your kids in public is a fairly risky proposition. All it takes is one person who is anti-corporal punishment to call the police and you could easily find yourself in trouble.

I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm sure she had a minivan or suv outside. As well as a home to live in. All of those are great places to discipline your child if you're too cowardly to do it in public..

Kaneman 09-03-2009 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 261061)
I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I'm sure she had a minivan or suv outside. As well as a home to live in. All of those are great places to discipline your child if you're too cowardly to do it in public..

Its not about being cowardly IMO, its about the possibility of losing your kid. There was a young mother arrested in Texas for being caught on security camera spanking her kid in the parking lot...so the minivan isn't necessarily a safe zone.

I believe that corporal punishment works best when it can be enacted on the spot and used while the child is in the act of naughtiness or directly afterward. Not to say that following up on a warning later on at home isn't effective, I just believe its more effective when used with accurate timing.

I will not agree with what this guy did because I wasn't there. But if this kid was throwing a big hissy fit and screaming for an extended amount of time and the mom wasn't doing anything...then yes, someone deserved to get slapped. We all see it every time we go out in public, out of control kids that are receiving no form of discipline besides, "Do you want me to bust your butt?" or "Do you want to be grounded?" Idle threats that do not in any way influence a child's behavior. And most of us wish the parents would do something, the adamant among us would like to slap the kid ourselves.

I don't have to say, "I would've beat that motherfuckers ass if it was my kid" because my kid would NEVER, EVER do that. If he's crying in the store its because he just broke his arm or stepped on a pongee stick.

This kid suffered no physical trauma besides being a little red in the face...however there is a good chance she will at least look around for crazy old white men before she throws another tantrum.

Tmall 09-03-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 261066)
Its not about being cowardly IMO, its about the possibility of losing your kid. There was a young mother arrested in Texas for being caught on security camera spanking her kid in the parking lot...so the minivan isn't necessarily a safe zone.

I believe that corporal punishment works best when it can be enacted on the spot and used while the child is in the act of naughtiness or directly afterward. Not to say that following up on a warning later on at home isn't effective, I just believe its more effective when used with accurate timing.

I will not agree with what this guy did because I wasn't there. But if this kid was throwing a big hissy fit and screaming for an extended amount of time and the mom wasn't doing anything...then yes, someone deserved to get slapped. We all see it every time we go out in public, out of control kids that are receiving no form of discipline besides, "Do you want me to bust your butt?" or "Do you want to be grounded?" Idle threats that do not in any way influence a child's behavior. And most of us wish the parents would do something, the adamant among us would like to slap the kid ourselves.

I don't have to say, "I would've beat that motherfuckers ass if it was my kid" because my kid would NEVER, EVER do that. If he's crying in the store its because he just broke his arm or stepped on a pongee stick.

This kid suffered no physical trauma besides being a little red in the face...however there is a good chance she will at least look around for crazy old white men before she throws another tantrum.

if you're talking about the lady who was punching her kid in the head in the back of her vehicle, then yes. I can see losing your kid for that.. That's not discipline, that is abuse.

Kaneman 09-03-2009 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 261075)
if you're talking about the lady who was punching her kid in the head in the back of her vehicle, then yes. I can see losing your kid for that.. That's not discipline, that is abuse.

It was a long time ago...the one I'm talking about I believe she had an open hand. Blond lady maybe?

Not specifically advocating that case anyway, just making a point that the van is not free from prying eyes. Unless its the free candy van.

Tmall 09-03-2009 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneman (Post 261083)
It was a long time ago...the one I'm talking about I believe she had an open hand. Blond lady maybe?

Not specifically advocating that case anyway, just making a point that the van is not free from prying eyes. Unless its the free candy van.

I'm also an advocate for law enforcement controlled free candy vans. Have them drive around, grab kids dumb enough to fall for it. And then they should be returned to their dumb ass parents a week later. Maybe then, they'll understand how serious free candy can be..

Dave 09-03-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 261087)
I'm also an advocate for law enforcement controlled free candy vans. Have them drive around, grab kids dumb enough to fall for it. And then they should be returned to their dumb ass parents a week later. Maybe then, they'll understand how serious free candy can be..

i like it

Kaneman 09-03-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 261087)

I don't think free candy vans are too much of a concern now anyway, I very rarely see kids playing outside around here.

HokieDNA01 09-03-2009 06:14 PM

Speaking of slapping...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LubVYYYYWWo

azoomm 09-03-2009 08:50 PM

I just find it incredible the very people that want the world to go beat their children and even reminisce about how their neighbors and random adults in their past had full right to enforce corporal punishment are the FIRST to get freaked out by this news piece.

Pffffffftt

OneSickPsycho 09-03-2009 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 261282)
I just find it incredible the very people that want the world to go beat their children and even reminisce about how their neighbors and random adults in their past had full right to enforce corporal punishment are the FIRST to get freaked out by this news piece.

Pffffffftt

Not me, I think it's fantastic what this guy did. Fuckin' kids need some discipline and most parents these days are too busy being their kid's best friend...

:boobs:

OneSickPsycho 09-03-2009 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 (Post 261237)

If that's real... that's WAY awesome. Fuckin' dude who taps him on the back of his head is a fucking PROFESSIONAL and amazingly cool.

karl_1052 09-03-2009 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 261282)

Pffffffftt

I think he should be given a medal and the mother should be beat.

Don't lump me with the rest of the liberal converts.

Smittie61984 09-04-2009 08:38 PM

I can't believe this even made the news being this happend in Stone Mountain. I live 10miles from that place and a baby being slapped is barely news there. Fucking suburban ass ghetto Stone Mountain.

Particle Man 09-13-2009 10:31 PM

anyone who comes even close to raising a hand to my child will be picking pieces of their fucking wind pipe up off the floor.

Tmall 09-14-2009 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 265012)
anyone who comes even close to raising a hand to my child will be picking pieces of their fucking wind pipe up off the floor.

I just thought about it. What now, punk?

karl_1052 09-14-2009 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 265012)

How close is close? I am only 3 hours away. Is that too close?:D

askmrjesus 09-14-2009 08:37 AM

If I slapped every bratty kid that got on my nerves, I'd need a bionic arm.

The trend over the last couple of decades, seems to be "Let the children be children". Which is all fine and good, as long as you let them be children at YOUR fucking house, and keep them out of my face. This whole idea of letting your kids run wild and unchecked in public, is bullshit. If I wanted to hear kids screaming and crying, I would go out and get one.

That said, whacking someone else's kid is totally unacceptable, and the old man is just a bully. Would he have done the same thing if the kid was with her 6'4" father? Probably not.

I did once threaten to shove a four year-old through the window of a moving 747, after asking his idiot mother to keep him from kicking the back of my seat three times. I'm pretty sure she believed I would, since I can be pretty convincing in a sleep and nicotine deprived state of rage. I was, however, bluffing. You can't hit other peoples kids, no matter how much you want to.

Not cool.

JC

Particle Man 09-14-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 265099)
I just thought about it. What now, punk?

Quote:

Originally Posted by karl_1052 (Post 265101)
How close is close? I am only 3 hours away. Is that too close?:D

funny redflip

Trip 09-14-2009 11:33 AM

Let the old man go for pure hilarity and copious amounts of win.