Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Want 650 (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=18463)

Porkchop 03-04-2011 10:47 PM

Want 650

The baby viff is having some problems and my mechanic is having a hard time finding whats wrong. She may just be dying of old age and I really don't want to invest the time and money into a bike that isn't worth much. :td:

So i'm thinking its time to upgrade. I'm trying to stay cheap, but with something I can do the occasional track day. I think my best bet would be a 650. I'm mainly looking between the SV650S, Ninja650R, and GSX650F. What does everybody think of the 3? I mean I've researched them extensively, and realize they are all completely different platforms and motor configurations. Any experience with any of the 3? Is the SV superior due to the availability of parts and aftermarket? I'm definitely leaning that way....

derf 03-04-2011 10:57 PM

The GSX650 seems to be the bastard of the bunch.

The SV was THE 650 to have for the last decade or so, the aftermarket is there and the parts compatibility with its SS bog brothers is there for some parts.

The Ninja 650 seems to be the up and comer, not better than the sv at anything, but it is a slightly newer design. It seems to be an overall well rounded bike and would serve you well.

Another bike you might want to include is the often looked over FZ6r from yamaha. Its sort of forgotten amongst its class, but really can easily hold its own weather its railing through corners or cruising on the highway.

Porkchop 03-04-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 454549)
The GSX650 seems to be the bastard of the bunch.

The SV was THE 650 to have for the last decade or so, the aftermarket is there and the parts compatibility with its SS bog brothers is there for some parts.

The Ninja 650 seems to be the up and comer, not better than the sv at anything, but it is a slightly newer design. It seems to be an overall well rounded bike and would serve you well.

Another bike you might want to include is the often looked over FZ6r from yamaha. Its sort of forgotten amongst its class, but really can easily hold its own weather its railing through corners or cruising on the highway.

I liked the fz6r when I sat on it. It kind of bugged me though that they cheapened the build materials from the original fz6, which is a bike I liked alot... and would consider buying. Yet the price didn't change much. :scratch:

101lifts2 03-05-2011 01:28 AM

SV650s from the list. While I like the engine in the Kawi better, the SV has a more sport oriented feel and a better chassis IMO.

Though I would get a ZX6r if you can afford it.

Particle Man 03-05-2011 08:15 AM

Out of all of those, the SV prob'ly has the best assortment of aftermarket goodies. I have ridden the 650F and while it isn't bad, I liked the SV better (though some of that may have stemmed from my having ridden mine for almost a decade).

If you want to venture to the darkside of nekkid bikes, the SFV650 may be an option as well...

Dave 03-05-2011 08:52 AM

no hawk option?

goof2 03-05-2011 11:09 AM

If you are buying new you can probably get a good deal. People selling used SVs around here though seem to think they have gold hidden in the frame somewhere, probably because of their reputation as good track bikes. For what people want for an SV you can get a similar vintage 600ss that is more capable. By capable I mean more power and better suspension from the factory.

Amber Lamps 03-05-2011 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 454622)
If you are buying new you can probably get a good deal. People selling used SVs around here though seem to think they have gold hidden in the frame somewhere, probably because of their reputation as good track bikes. For what people want for an SV you can get a similar vintage 600ss that is more capable. By capable I mean more power and better suspension from the factory.

Yea I know we have had this argument but if you are even slightly handy, you can get a totaled 2007+ 600ss for cheap (under $2000) and fix it up.:idk: If you really don't want to go with a ss I know a guy selling his '07/'08 SV650 for cheap...

Ninjakel 03-05-2011 11:16 AM

SV

Homeslice 03-05-2011 03:00 PM

Kawasaki ZZR-600
Yamaha R6S

Porkchop 03-05-2011 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 454564)
SV650s from the list. While I like the engine in the Kawi better, the SV has a more sport oriented feel and a better chassis IMO.

Though I would get a ZX6r if you can afford it.

Like a nice brand new one like yours???? Riiight. If I had the money or credit to do that I would be all over a bike like yours. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 454583)
Out of all of those, the SV prob'ly has the best assortment of aftermarket goodies. I have ridden the 650F and while it isn't bad, I liked the SV better (though some of that may have stemmed from my having ridden mine for almost a decade).

If you want to venture to the darkside of nekkid bikes, the SFV650 may be an option as well...

I've heard the 650F is kind of a porker. I talked to a guy in a parking lot and he fucking loved it.

Love the SFV650, and MCN seems to love it too. But its only been out for a year. I hardly think I can find one for sub $3000.

Trip 03-05-2011 11:23 PM

the SV is the way to go. It's got a group that obsess over that bike. They have solutions for everything. Go SV. I have even considered getting another one, this time a naked. I loved the SV.

Porkchop 03-05-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 454622)

I know. The racing community drives the SV demand. I cant believe they canned the SV line. As far as vintage 600s go... Im trying to get AWAY from carbs. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 454624)
Yea I know we have had this argument but if you are even slightly handy, you can get a totaled 2007+ 600ss for cheap (under $2000) and fix it up.:idk: If you really don't want to go with a ss I know a guy selling his '07/'08 SV650 for cheap...

No, I'd rather have a newer 600. And im not bad with my hands. With stuff like that I'd just have to be really careful with straight frames and stuff. I'd love to have an 08 zx6r or 08 gsxr...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 454667)
Kawasaki ZZR-600
Yamaha R6S

Lol your confusing stuff now. Love the ZZR but like I said above, I'm looking to stay away from carbs. The R6S wouldnt be a bad option, but if I wanted that bike I would buy my best friend's '05 R6 that im trying to sell to FullThrottle for $3800. Plus it would have upside down forks and a better rear shock.

Homeslice 03-06-2011 01:30 AM

:shrug: I put 51K miles on my 02 SV, and I never had a problem with the carbs. FI usually offers no improvement over carbs, unless you are willing to pay someone to get it re-mapped. I've ridden plenty of stock FI bikes that flat-out sucked for response and accuracy.

Porkchop 03-06-2011 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 454784)
:shrug: I put 51K miles on my 02 SV, and I never had a problem with the carbs. FI usually offers no improvement over carbs, unless you are willing to pay someone to get it re-mapped. I've ridden plenty of stock FI bikes that flat-out sucked for response and accuracy.

It's not so much that. Its the fact that after three months I go out and try to start the my 99 R6 and you'd have to clean the damn carbs to get it to start, but my buddies 05 rolls over first hit. :idk:

Particle Man 03-06-2011 10:54 AM

I'll bet this guy would sell you his 650 cheap...

http://app.twowheelfix.com/showthrea...820#post454820

:D

JoJoYZF 03-06-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 454788)
It's not so much that. Its the fact that after three months I go out and try to start the my 99 R6 and you'd have to clean the damn carbs to get it to start, but my buddies 05 rolls over first hit. :idk:

I think there were different issues with your r6 then. My 00 yzf600r starts first shot no problem every time except for when the coils went bad once.

Phenix_Rider 03-06-2011 11:18 AM

Go Ninja.

Or Fischer...

But seriously, you can find a newish 650R with relatively low miles for pretty cheap. As long as you don't mind the usual plastic damage.

Full Throttle 03-06-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 454788)

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 454823)
I think there were different issues with your r6 then. My 00 yzf600r starts first shot no problem every time except for when the coils went bad once.

I have the 2000R6 and its never had a single problem starting up. The only times ive ever had to even use the choke to start it is when ive ridden it in the temperatures that are 30 or below. Besides that. Sitting for a month and having not even touched it, it still cranks up 1-2nd try. If you could i would get the SV 650 or a slightly newer R6. in my opinion they are the best built Jap bikes. I know im being a bit one sided here but hey i love the brand.

Full Throttle 03-06-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider (Post 454826)
Go Ninja.

Or Fischer...

But seriously, you can find a newish 650R with relatively low miles for pretty cheap. As long as you don't mind the usual plastic damage.

Okay speaking about the Fisher. Ive never actually had one but i did have the Hyosung 250 and HYO builds the United Motors and the Fisher 650 motor. I wasnt exactly impressed with the bike. I would advise against it. I liked my Hyo250 alot. It was in many ways much better than a Ninja 250 but it had many problems that went with it. I would probably buy my Hyo in a heart beat again but i wouldnt upgrade to the 650 due to the small problems i had with my 250 that i wouldnt want to deal with when getting a bigger bike. So i would put an X on Fisher and get either an SV650 or later model R6. if you get the 03 or newer they are FI and they you wouldnt need to worry about your little Carb starting up problem.

Porkchop 03-06-2011 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider (Post 454826)
Go Ninja.

Or Fischer...

You have the first gen right? How is the wind protection? The fairing on gen 1 looks rather small compared to the new ones.

derf 03-06-2011 12:21 PM

I've never been a fan of any motorcycle that doesnt have a huge dealer network and a good reputation. Fisher, Hyosung, are def at the bottom of my list for any bikes I would ever own. Not saying they are bad, I really don't know except their reputation says not great. I do know that if my honda breaks down, there is a dealership 20 minutes from my house and I can very easily get any parts for it within a few easy days, same for used parts.

Other bikes, like KTM, bimoto and the like I would lump into the same category, they have great reputation, but I've never seen a bimoto dealership, and the only KTM dealership Ive seen closed down just as soon as it opened up. Being a motorcycle boutique doesn't inspire confidence in me. You can get parts on the internet easily, but being able to pick up brake pads, or an oil filter without having to wait a week is a great thing

Other people may feel different about this, but this is just my take on the subject.

Full Throttle 03-06-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 454853)
I've never been a fan of any motorcycle that doesnt have a huge dealer network and a good reputation. Fisher, Hyosung, are def at the bottom of my list for any bikes I would ever own. Not saying they are bad, I really don't know except their reputation says not great. I do know that if my honda breaks down, there is a dealership 20 minutes from my house and I can very easily get any parts for it within a few easy days, same for used parts.

Other bikes, like KTM, bimoto and the like I would lump into the same category, they have great reputation, but I've never seen a bimoto dealership, and the only KTM dealership Ive seen closed down just as soon as it opened up. Being a motorcycle boutique doesn't inspire confidence in me. You can get parts on the internet easily, but being able to pick up brake pads, or an oil filter without having to wait a week is a great thing

Other people may feel different about this, but this is just my take on the subject.

That was one of the other complaints i had about the Hyosung. I even had a dealer here in town but like you said the dealer network wasnt large by any means therefore the parts are generally not in surplus and have to get ordered from across seas. Now like derf said get something with a good dealer market. SV650 has the largest market in its catagory. Therefore should start at the top due to reputation and the vast amount of parts available. Also i dont think ive ever heard a real legitamate fault about the bike. But i still think R6 all the way lol. you can find one for around 3k on CL that an 03 model.

Porkchop 03-06-2011 04:59 PM

Good deal or bad deal?

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/list...650s--96845399

derf 03-06-2011 05:36 PM

I'm no expert, but that seems about right for an SV650

Particle Man 03-06-2011 05:39 PM

3k for an 03 with under 20k miles seems about right for that area.

Rangerscott 03-06-2011 08:44 PM

Fly your happy ass down here and you can leave with an ER-6N.

Homeslice 03-06-2011 09:27 PM

Considering you could buy brand new SV's for only 6K almost every year they were in production, I think 3K for an 8 year old one is overpriced.

Particle Man 03-06-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 454948)
Considering you could buy brand new SV's for only 6K almost every year they were in production, I think 3K for an 8 year old one is overpriced.

They're $7,500 currently.

Full Throttle 03-06-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 454916)

Yea i think thats pretty good. I would have to agree and say that fits the bill, and you may be able to talk them down a buck or 2.

101lifts2 03-06-2011 10:48 PM

3k isn't too bad...I would pay 2500 for an 03...tho this does have fuel injection.

My 06 YZF600r had the best carbs...most of time it didn't need the choke and it would run w/o hesitation after a 10s warmup. My EX500s I had were a different story.

Homeslice 03-06-2011 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 454953)
They're $7,500 currently.

The SVS was like $6750 way back in 03.......but that was MSRP. It was easy to get them for $6K through large dealers with an internet salesperson.

Porkchop 03-08-2011 12:42 AM

Went to see the bike today after work. It's at a tiny little boutique dealer close to me. I didnt even know it was there, but I think they are newish. They had a nice selection of bikes for how small they were. A nice 50th Anny R1, a nice 954, and a beautiful green 07 zx6r. And the usual selection of gixxers and F4i's. Pretty good prices overall. Even had a purpose built Harley drag bike. Price tag was like 30 grand.

The SV was is good condition, but not excellent. Has a scuff on the right headlight (might buff out), a hairline crack on the left side of the fairing, and the grab rail was a bit torn up. But other than that the motor, frame, and suspension looked really clean. They wanted like $200 more than they show online, but im going to talk them down anyway.

Need to sell the Honda now......

Adeptus_Minor 03-08-2011 02:11 AM

Shows how out of the loop I am.. I didn't know Suzuki had discontinued the SV. :idk:

Particle Man 03-08-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 455178)
Shows how out of the loop I am.. I didn't know Suzuki had discontinued the SV. :idk:

What's funny is the SVN still shows on their website. When you click, it's an 08 model.

derf 03-08-2011 08:02 AM

Quote:

They replaced it with the gladius, which is way down there with the standards. Since I have never seen one in the wild, I am assuming that it sold rather crapily and really was just a way for suzuki bean counters to take an otherwise decent bike and make it cheaper to build thus also making it crappier and stealing its soul

Porkchop 03-08-2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 455187)
They replaced it with the gladius, which is way down there with the standards. Since I have never seen one in the wild, I am assuming that it sold rather crapily and really was just a way for suzuki bean counters to take an otherwise decent bike and make it cheaper to build thus also making it crappier and stealing its soul

The mags loved the gladius when it came out.

Particle Man 03-08-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

I have ridden one. They're actually pretty fun and comfortable to ride but kinda ugly in person (not too bad but the headlight just turns me off though I have to admit it is starting to grow on me)

derf 03-08-2011 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 455221)
The mags loved the gladius when it came out.

How many have you seen on the road compared to SV's? I never said it was a bad bike but my impression from pictures is that the frame looks cheaper, uglier, and not as refined as the SV.

The SV was a great bike, but the switch to the gladius style and name was a bad one. Magazines could have loved it but if its ugly the market wont

Porkchop 03-08-2011 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 455246)
How many have you seen on the road compared to SV's? I never said it was a bad bike but my impression from pictures is that the frame looks cheaper, uglier, and not as refined as the SV.

The SV was a great bike, but the switch to the gladius style and name was a bad one. Magazines could have loved it but if its ugly the market wont

A handful. But its only been out for two years, versus the ten-ish for the SV. I think a bike with no faired option is suicide in the US anyway. How many naked sv's do you see? The gladius is a budget bike. Its built and priced as such. I have the same feeling about the fz6r vs the fz6. Cheap frame, cheap suspension.

Particle Man 03-08-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 455248)
How many naked sv's do you see?

During riding season, usually 2-3 per day.

goof2 03-08-2011 01:40 PM

Quote:

Me either, this is the first I heard of it. I thought the SV was still selling well. I guess not.

I do like the way the Gladius looks except for the exhaust and giant rear fender. Those look like crap on most other bikes too though so I wouldn't get too worked up about either one. Suzuki USA doesn't seem too excited about it considering one of the four "features" of the bike Suzuki decided to highlight on the front page "overview" of the Gladius is that it comes with a tail light. No kidding Suzuki, does it come with tires and a seat too?:idk:

Particle Man 03-08-2011 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 455253)
Me either, this is the first I heard of it. I thought the SV was still selling well. I guess not.

the SVS has been but the SVN not so much. I think they were trying to revitalize the market with the Gladius - fail.

Porkchop 03-08-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 455251)
During riding season, usually 2-3 per day.

Not around here you don't.

Particle Man 03-08-2011 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 455259)
Not around here you don't.

And now you're seeing the tail of the market ;)

derf 03-08-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goof2 (Post 455253)
No kidding Suzuki, does it come with tires and a seat too?:idk:

Optional Extras

I totally agree that the SV could have used some updating, but there are other ways of doing it rather than a ground up crap design. Between the hideous exhaust, the huge and ugly rear passenger peg supports, faux aluminium frame insert. They didnt even bother doing anything signifigant to the suspension, its a 90% visual upgrade.

Instead of spending a but load of money re-designing the system they could have used the same frame & engine, upgrade the exhaust to be DOT compatible, replace the gauges, upgrade the bodywork to match the modern suzuki lineup, and use last (or 2 ago) generation GSX-R watered down suspension. The bike was a solid bike, and didnt need that much of an upgrade to stay ahead of the rest of its class, unfortunately they ruined a cheap, solid platform that had a cult like following and sold fairly well.

http://webmotorcyclenews.com/wp-cont...W-1024x682.jpg

And I'm still convinced that the bean counters had a big hand in the re-design of the bike. Its just that ugly it couldnt have been driven by function alone

Porkchop 03-08-2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 455335)
Optional Extras

I totally agree that the SV could have used some updating, but there are other ways of doing it rather than a ground up crap design. Between the hideous exhaust, the huge and ugly rear passenger peg supports, faux aluminium frame insert. They didnt even bother doing anything signifigant to the suspension, its a 90% visual upgrade.

Instead of spending a but load of money re-designing the system they could have used the same frame & engine, upgrade the exhaust to be DOT compatible, replace the gauges, upgrade the bodywork to match the modern suzuki lineup, and use last (or 2 ago) generation GSX-R watered down suspension. The bike was a solid bike, and didnt need that much of an upgrade to stay ahead of the rest of its class, unfortunately they ruined a cheap, solid platform that had a cult like following and sold fairly well.

http://webmotorcyclenews.com/wp-cont...W-1024x682.jpg

And I'm still convinced that the bean counters had a big hand in the re-design of the bike. Its just that ugly it couldnt have been driven by function alone

Oh for sure. They could have kept the fundemental design, changed up the bikini fairing with a cyclops bird headlight, added some USD forks and a stronger rear spring, and called it a day. But that would make too much sense wouldn't it.....

derf 03-08-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 455336)
Oh for sure. They could have kept the fundemental design, changed up the bikini fairing with a cyclops bird headlight, added some USD forks and a stronger rear spring, and called it a day. But that would make too much sense wouldn't it.....

Did you ever wish that you ran a bike company for a day, especially teh one day the accountants run the show

My wife just saw teh picture of the gladius and asked why they put a sword (passenger foor peg) on the bike

Adeptus_Minor 03-08-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 455255)
the SVS has been but the SVN not so much. I think they were trying to revitalize the market with the Gladius - fail.

Even the SVS's they list on the corporate website are 2009's.

Somewhat off subject (by ~600cc), why hasn't there been more discussion about the GSX1250FA?
It looks interesting.

Amber Lamps 03-08-2011 09:44 PM

Again a buddy is selling his SV for $1700...

Porkchop 03-09-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 455338)
My wife just saw teh picture of the gladius and asked why they put a sword (passenger foor peg) on the bike

Kawi did the same thing on their 650. :idk:

http://www.whaccessories.com/images/...erNinja650.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 455356)
Again a buddy is selling his SV for $1700...

Oh damn, thats cheap....

Where, and why so cheap?

Rangerscott 03-09-2011 12:24 AM

That's the older model.

Porkchop 03-09-2011 11:29 AM

The new one is almost as big. It is just color matched with the frame right???

Rangerscott 03-09-2011 09:26 PM

Naw. Its tubed.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/l...R-6N6Large.jpg

Phenix_Rider 03-09-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 454851)
You have the first gen right? How is the wind protection? The fairing on gen 1 looks rather small compared to the new ones.

I like the smooth fairing. And are you kidding? I'm bigger than the entire bike LOL Want a big fairing? Get a ZX14 or busa or fat ST bike... or an HD... blech

Quote:

I didn't care for the gladius I rode. Steering is sketchy and the seat has some horrible ridges. The ER-6n is a better choice.

Porkchop 03-09-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider (Post 455610)
I'm bigger than the entire bike LOL

Yea well... me too. :lol:

101lifts2 03-10-2011 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 455338)
Did you ever wish that you ran a bike company for a day, especially the one day the accountants run the show....

Since working for two OEMs, from what I've seen accountants do not run the show when it comes to looks...that is more a function of market trends, safety or crash regulation (on cars anyway). Budgets are already determined before change up of body work is even started.

Accountants come into play when parts need to be cheapened. GM was always good at this shit.

Cutty72 03-10-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor (Post 455351)
Even the SVS's they list on the corporate website are 2009's.

Somewhat off subject (by ~600cc), why hasn't there been more discussion about the GSX1250FA?
It looks interesting.

Suzuki did not offer some models in the US in '10. The SV was one of them. Maybe they aren't bringing any SV's for 11 either.

Porkchop 03-10-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 455844)
Suzuki did not offer some models in the US in '10. The SV was one of them. Maybe they aren't bringing any SV's for 11 either.

They didn't offer any sportbike in '10 did they???

I believe the SVS is only offered in the UK now.

Cutty72 03-10-2011 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 455851)

I believe the SVS is only offered in the UK now.

I knew it was limited, didn't know if they brought any of GSXR models over or not...

derf 03-11-2011 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 455670)

Accountants come into play when parts need to be cheapened. GM was always good at this shit.

Yes, and doesnt this piece look like its been through the accountants slicer already? VS a tube welded tube piece that would require 4 steps, cutting, bending, welding, finishing. This piece is just cast

http://www.whaccessories.com/images/...erNinja650.jpg

Particle Man 03-11-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 455851)

They didn't import any to the US because of the crappy sales numbers.

Porkchop 03-12-2011 03:21 PM

What's up with people not contacting me back... first the boots....

Applied to get the bike monday and the guy said he would call me back by tuesday or wednesday at the latest. Friday rolls around and I call them back and let them know I hadn't gotten a call yet. The retarded receptionist told me the guy would call me back within the hour. Its now saturday... no call. Wth? :wtf:

Particle Man 03-12-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 456178)
What's up with people not contacting me back... first the boots....

Applied to get the bike monday and the guy said he would call me back by tuesday or wednesday at the latest. Friday rolls around and I call them back and let them know I hadn't gotten a call yet. The retarded receptionist told me the guy would call me back within the hour. Its now saturday... no call. Wth? :wtf:

Welcome to the reason shit is outsourced: you still get the same shitty service that you received when it was onshore (like in your situation) but it's cheaper for the company.

I will bet the same asshole who didn't call you back felt entitled to a paycheck just for showing his ass up to work.

zlicius 03-14-2011 08:42 PM

ed here

we're thinking about a new SV for Z

dealers a friend, so maybe he can locate us a NEW '08 or '09

i;d like to get it w/ ABS, but all the one's ive seen are fairing one's and we want a nekkid

suzuki has $1000 coupon on their site + 1.9% financing.

Porkchop 03-15-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlicius (Post 456780)
ed here

we're thinking about a new SV for Z

dealers a friend, so maybe he can locate us a NEW '08 or '09

i;d like to get it w/ ABS, but all the one's ive seen are fairing one's and we want a nekkid

suzuki has $1000 coupon on their site + 1.9% financing.

I want non new, non ABS, and faired. :lol:

EtyrnuSS 03-22-2011 04:50 PM

I have an ER-6n, naked ninja 650r, and its a great bike to me. Like the SV, but not in production anymore. The Kawi, basically great power curve, controllable, fun. Quick enough through the legal to about 80 range, top end is about 130...

zlicius 03-23-2011 10:01 PM

bought Z a gladius last week

fun lil bike

EtyrnuSS 03-23-2011 11:18 PM

Cool, congrats on the new bike

Particle Man 03-24-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zlicius (Post 458734)
bought Z a gladius last week

fun lil bike

Pics or it didn't happen!

When do the mods begin? I looked at one at Oneida Suzuki when I picked up my new battery the other day and contemplated bring it home as something to screw around with...

zlicius 03-25-2011 12:04 AM

ed here

already removed the safety sticker on the tank..........lol

put a tankslapper paint protector over the tank
have HIDs ordered

thinking about a cheapy IXIL exhaust for the time being. $100

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXQ1tcTrVEk

Particle Man 03-25-2011 07:29 AM

Which HID's? I've been thinking of converting the SV...

RACER X 03-25-2011 08:24 AM

Ddmtuning.com

$52 delivered
H4 bulb w hi/lo

Cutty72 03-25-2011 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 459176)
Ddmtuning.com

$52 delivered
H4 bulb w hi/lo

Yeah, I need to get that for my SV... gf was riding behind me and I couldn't even see her lights, just the bike.

Love 'em on my buell

Particle Man 03-25-2011 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 459263)
Yeah, I need to get that for my SV... gf was riding behind me and I couldn't even see her lights, just the bike.

The SVS isn't bad but could always be better...

Cutty72 03-25-2011 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 459264)
The SVS isn't bad but could always be better...

Yeah, that's what it is. Went from stock to some brighter bulbs that ebbs gave me, but now they seem to be getting dimmer too...