Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Icon Ftw!!! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=682)

vabarber2 03-19-2008 10:33 PM

Icon Ftw!!!

Went splurging today!! I picked up the Icon Death From Above helmet and am looking at the new airframe as soon as I pick a color! Figured I'd share the guys I go through with yall! They're great, I've ordered most of my gear through them and the prices and speed of delivery are good as well.

http://stores.ebay.com/Whatever-U-Ri...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Amber Lamps 03-20-2008 04:08 AM

Yep,I have to say that the Icon helmets are definitely going in the right direction! I'm thinking about that seventh seal Airframe helmet even tho' I should be getting my Akuma next week. I like that seventh seal jacket too except I'm not a huge fan of red. I also like the Automag/Suzuki in white but I have four white jackets now.....:idk: Oh well,at least I got new frame sliders for my baby. The dealer here was costing out the Suzuki frame slider kit for $40 so I bought a set even tho' they're similar to the Vortex and Harris ones I have now. Hmmm maybe I will get the Automag and the blue Suzuki Airframe helmet. Hmmmmm....

Dave 03-20-2008 06:04 AM

damn! nice prices! im still really into that airframe claymore but im not sure its worth all that much more over the rubatone. decisions decisions

fatburg 03-20-2008 07:54 AM

damn good prices. For some reason I have dug the Death from above lid since it came out. But man there are a lot of good solid helmets out there right now.

Mule 03-20-2008 08:10 AM

i agree with Fatburg....

while i've been huge fan of the ICON line and their styling, i'm now looking at functionality more.

One of these days i'm going to get out and try a few of these Shoeis and Scorpions and maybe a Suomy...

Beefcake Morris 03-20-2008 08:25 AM

I love the death from above lid. I want one so bad.

OneSickPsycho 03-20-2008 08:31 AM

Flashy helmets like that make me want to vomit... Icon Decay on the other hand... Money.

marko138 03-20-2008 08:42 AM

I actually like the design. However, I'd never buy it. Suomy is too solid to pass up for an Icon.

azoomm 03-20-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 20302)
I actually like the design. However, I'd never buy it. Suomy is too solid to pass up for an Icon.

YAY!!

By the way, does ICON make their own lids, or are they re-branded like the Joe Rocket helmets?

neebelung 03-20-2008 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 20433)
YAY!!

By the way, does ICON make their own lids, or are they re-branded like the Joe Rocket helmets?

As far as I know, HJC makes Icon's lids.

Rider 03-20-2008 12:12 PM

Icon is better than no gear obviously, but hey it's your money.....

Amber Lamps 03-20-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 20436)
As far as I know, HJC makes Icon's lids.

I think you might be right. The only difference is that Icon designs their own lids,JR uses existing HJC designs and puts their stickers/vents on them.

Amber Lamps 03-20-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 20441)
Icon is better than no gear obviously, but hey it's your money.....

I will never understand the Icon hate around here. Icon passes all of the same DOT,Snell, and/or ECU specifications that any other company does... The Motorcyclist helmet test helped me realize that when they proclaimed that a $75 AFX helmet was the safest helmet made. I used to ALWAYS buy Arai,I thought I was paying for extra head protection. Now I'd rather be able to buy two or three Scorpion,Icon,HJC,Akuma,Sparx,etc helmts instead of one Arai. Just my opinion of course.

Rider 03-20-2008 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 20458)
I will never understand the Icon hate around here. Icon passes all of the same DOT,Snell, and/or ECU specifications that any other company does... The Motorcyclist helmet test helped me realize that when they proclaimed that a $75 AFX helmet was the safest helmet made. I used to ALWAYS buy Arai,I thought I was paying for extra head protection. Now I'd rather be able to buy two or three Scorpion,Icon,HJC,Akuma,Sparx,etc helmts instead of one Arai. Just my opinion of course.

I am by no means a gear snob, I just don't like Icon gear.. The Akuma helmets are sweet and I'd rock one, but you will never catch me in Icon gear. Oh and it doesn't help that their #1 spokesperson is a complete tool bag(Jason Britton). For me its the designs that Icon comes out with, Not my style at all. Even if they were rated the best in protection I still wouldn't own their gear...

Amber Lamps 03-20-2008 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 20461)
I am by no means a gear snob, I just don't like Icon gear.. The Akuma helmets are sweet and I'd rock one, but you will never catch me in Icon gear. Oh and it doesn't help that their #1 spokesperson is a complete tool bag(Jason Britton). For me its the designs that Icon comes out with, Not my style at all. Even if they were rated the best in protection I still wouldn't own their gear...

Fair enough. Hey wait a minute,what do you have against Jason? I've met him a few times before he was "famous" and he was a really nice guy. He even went out with a few of us and helped us with our technique,etc. I saw him in Daytona last year but he was busy and I didn't get a chance to talk to him. Oh no what has he done....

Dave 03-20-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 20468)
Fair enough. Hey wait a minute,what do you have against Jason? I've met him a few times before he was "famous" and he was a really nice guy. He even went out with a few of us and helped us with our technique,etc. I saw him in Daytona last year but he was busy and I didn't get a chance to talk to him. Oh no what has he done....

FWIW a couple of my friends met him in philly when he was filming an ep of superbikes and said hes cool as shit

Rider 03-20-2008 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 20468)

I think he gives legit SB riders a bad name. If somebody who doesn't ride bikes watches 1 episode of Superbikes, they are going to assume ALL SB rider are just as squidly. We don't need more negative attention that what we already have.

Amber Lamps 03-20-2008 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 20471)
FWIW a couple of my friends met him in philly when he was filming an ep of superbikes and said hes cool as shit

Yea,he's always been super nice to me and my friends. I have an anolog pic of him doing a slow speed stand up wheelie on my 'Busa. I don't doubt that it's possible that he's done something to piss people off. He definitely loves to clown!

Amber Lamps 03-20-2008 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 20472)
I think he gives legit SB riders a bad name. If somebody who doesn't ride bikes watches 1 episode of Superbikes, they are going to assume ALL SB rider are just as squidly. We don't need more negative attention that what we already have.

Oh no! Not the "your actions give every member of my perceived group a bad name" thing again! Didn't we just do this with Maygin? Oh well,you certainly are allowed your viewpoint my friend. I'm not sure anyone would watch a show about a bunch of middle aged white guys,in full race leathers and gear,riding sportbikes around at 5 miles below the posted speed limit,tho'...

Rider 03-20-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 20476)
Oh no! Not the "your actions give every member of my perceived group a bad name" thing again! Didn't we just do this with Maygin? Oh well,you certainly are allowed your viewpoint my friend. I'm not sure anyone would watch a show about a bunch of middle aged white guys,in full race leathers and gear,riding sportbikes around at 5 miles below the posted speed limit,tho'...

You're right, a show about the kind of riding I do would be very boring to the masses. Oh and BTW, I rarely ride UNDER the speed limit. Even my wife, who knows nothing about sportbikes or the community for that matter thinks he's a dido. The large part of that show talks about stunting, bike nights and 180 clubs and shit... A handful of guys riding through the twisties at 20-30mph over the speed limit would be boring as hell I'm sure. Thats why they don't make a show about that.

neebelung 03-20-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 20471)

:werd: We met him twice down in Daytona over bike week. Actually seems like a really nice guy. AND... much as I hate to say it, this week's episode of Superbikes kinda gives ya a different view of him. I really kinda have a new respect for him. :shrug:

vabarber2 03-20-2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 20290)
Flashy helmets like that make me want to vomit... Icon Decay on the other hand... Money.

Yeah, I almost got the decay, its still on my hit list.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 20240)
damn! nice prices! im still really into that airframe claymore but im not sure its worth all that much more over the rubatone. decisions decisions

Yeah, thats why these guys are my first choice on riding gear! Now I'm trying to figure out what pants to get, I know I'm going to stick with Icon so its something I can wear all day while off the bike, but there are to many choices.

Amber Lamps 03-20-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 20484)
You're right, a show about the kind of riding I do would be very boring to the masses. Oh and BTW, I rarely ride UNDER the speed limit. Even my wife, who knows nothing about sportbikes or the community for that matter thinks he's a dido. The large part of that show talks about stunting, bike nights and 180 clubs and shit... A handful of guys riding through the twisties at 20-30mph over the speed limit would be boring as hell I'm sure. Thats why they don't make a show about that.

Ya it's a lifestyle show,like those Harley shows. It's not a how to be a good rider show or anything. He goes around and does spots about what real bikers are doing. Wether you think it's a positive or negative representation of "us" as a group doesn't matter. It's reality my friend,like it or not. He doesn't manufacture these groups, you know. Heck,he did spot about ice racers,he's done spots from track days,he's ridden with guys canyon carving in Cali,he's hosted a benefit for a guy who lost his leg,etc. He's well spoken,always respectful to whoever he meets and he's obviously a huge devotee of motorcycling in all of it's forms. I don't know but once again I respect your right to your opinion.

Phenix_Rider 03-20-2008 07:36 PM

Britton himself seems ok- he wears gear and promotes "safe" stunting. The numbers aren't any one person's fault. Stations air what sells. If it happens to be morons doing wheelies on the interstate, or tasseled harley guys, that's what goes on the tube. Gotta say though, when they show the cops interacting with riders- not just arresting them- it's really cool. Somebody needs to post up the ice racing episode too!

jalaan1 03-20-2008 07:41 PM

i'm very pleased with the Icon gear i have.

my next lid will be a Scorpion tho, only 'cause i want to try something
else and have heard great things about the brand.
and for the money, hey.....................

ceo012384 03-23-2008 02:15 AM

Icon FTL!

marko138 03-23-2008 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 21622)
Icon FTL!

Yes sir.

Mr Lefty 03-23-2008 08:25 PM

I don't think Icon is bad... but I just don't like their styles... :2cents:

6doublefive321 03-23-2008 09:10 PM

When I see flashy Icon gear, I immediately think squid. Functionally, I'm sure their gear is worth the price. I'm like Ebbs, just not my style.

Dave 03-24-2008 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 20487)
:werd: We met him twice down in Daytona over bike week. Actually seems like a really nice guy. AND... much as I hate to say it, this week's episode of Superbikes kinda gives ya a different view of him. I really kinda have a new respect for him. :shrug:

neebs, was that the one where he went to his daughters school? pretty good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vabarber2 (Post 20573)
Yeah, I almost got the decay, its still on my hit list.

Yeah, thats why these guys are my first choice on riding gear! Now I'm trying to figure out what pants to get, I know I'm going to stick with Icon so its something I can wear all day while off the bike, but there are to many choices.

i have the recon pants, extra comfy but the cut is a little tight so dont expect to carry much in the pockets. vented crotch is friggin awesome FTW

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 (Post 21995)
When I see flashy Icon gear, I immediately think squid. Functionally, I'm sure their gear is worth the price. I'm like Ebbs, just not my style.

riiight, isint ALL sportbike related gear flashy in some manner? just like cruiser gear makes you look like you live under an overpass?

Mr Lefty 03-24-2008 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 22089)
riiight, isint ALL sportbike related gear flashy in some manner? just like cruiser gear makes you look like you live under an overpass?

not all sportbike stuff is flashy... most are vibrantly colored but, I think (other than helmets) Icon is by far the most decorative gear. Like I said... just not my style.

Dave 03-24-2008 03:31 AM

nice review,

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...icon-airframe/

Dave 03-24-2008 03:49 AM

and a pretty sweet ad,

[youtube]GHoW2QH1SjM[/youtube]

what the eff happened to the vabshack?

Cutty72 03-24-2008 12:48 PM

And now Kawi is the new official squid bike.
Jason has dropped the zukes for the Kawi's for '08 and beyond.

Rider 03-24-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 22248)

Got a link to this news?

marko138 03-24-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 22248)

Quick, VAbarber, sell that Zuk and buy a Kawi.

Cutty72 03-24-2008 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 22258)
Got a link to this news?

It was on an episode of Superbikes last week.

Rider 03-24-2008 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 22261)
It was on an episode of Superbikes last week.

I cant see that motherfucker on a ZX-10 unless he plans on doing some legit riding.

Cutty72 03-24-2008 12:54 PM

No Limit website is underconstruction so I can't check further... sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 22262)
I cant see that motherfucker on a ZX-10 unless he plans on doing some legit riding.

ZX-6R
Even stunting it in Kawi Green

Dave 03-27-2008 02:55 PM

thanks for the link vabs! i just scored a new lid for about $90 below msrp!

6doublefive321 03-27-2008 06:38 PM

Exhibit A: Icon

http://www.indysuperbikes.com/Images.../icon-jack.jpg

Exhibit B: Joe Rocket

http://www.motorhelmets.com/pics-pro...-phoenix-3.jpg

See any difference?

Cutty72 03-27-2008 06:49 PM

flames

and one is leather, the other mesh

Mr Lefty 03-27-2008 07:05 PM

he's pointing out that Icon is more flashy than the Joe Rocket

Cutty72 03-27-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 24047)
he's pointing out that Icon is more flashy than the Joe Rocket

yeah... that woulda been the "flames" part.

Smittie61984 03-27-2008 08:38 PM

How does Icon gear hold up in crashes(Wether track or street)? That's what I'm more concerned about. I want something where I hit the ground nothing but my leathers will touch the ground. Torn stitching is not what I want in a crash. I've heard some say Icon has been known to do that.

I have Teknic gear now and kind of stumbled into it. I got a leather Teknic jacket from a buddy for $30 that is heavily padded and perfurated. Then got the Teknic Chicane leather pants for $150. Even though I've only been in sportbikes for a short while I heard nothing but Good from Teknic so I've stuck with them and probably will be a Teknic person for life.

I tried on Dainese but those legs are obvioulsy made for some skinny Italian ass. Not fat American Ass.

Then the other really good company I heard about is caled Taichi or something like that. But heard that name from a racer and can't find it anywhere.

As for how Flashy Icon is. If that's your thing then that's your thing. Bikes are flashy anyways(Take the 08 yellow/black flames R6). I prefer the more "Retro" cafe style look but really if someone wants to buy me a full on 1peice Teknic Kangaroo race suit in Pink then I'll take it and ride the shit out of it.

ceo012384 03-28-2008 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 (Post 24023)

Brings new meaning to the term 'firecrotch'

Amber Lamps 03-28-2008 02:59 AM

Quote:

Oh fucking please! That's one jacket out of like twenty and on top of that it's an old model they don't make anymore. If we want to play like that,I have an old Technic jacket that matched my '95 FZR1000 that had like 6 different colors on it. My Accerant jacket is white/black and they make one that's all black. Infact that exact model of Icon jacket pictured also came in solid colors. Shit I have the Dainese Tattoo that has "tribal" shit all over it and an Alpinestars T-Stunt that makes me look like the blue power ranger when I wear it with my Arai blue and white Signet helmet. Hell,you've never seen the fucking Joe Rocket Pascal Piquote(sp) "Joker" jacket and I think Shoei made a helmet to match?! Jesus fucking christ,I know you have a bias against Icon for some stupid reason but could you at least play fair? I mean you take the butt ass plainest JR jacket and match it against one of the flashiest(and old) Icon jackets. What kind of bullshit comparo is that? As far as protection goes, I've had the misfortune to crash wearing both Icon jackets(twice,in fact) and Dainese jackets. The Icons held together and the Dainese fell apart. Period. I had to send the Dainese out to be repaired and I still wear both Icon jackets. I've witnessed a Joe Rocket ballistic jacket fall apart in the first 20 feet of a crash. It was all skin after that baby! BTW I'm from Mi and have met the founder of Technics personally. Technics HQ was like 10 miles from my house. I was a Technic fan until a new pair $100 gloves fell apart while I was putting it on. Technic is made in China, probably at the same plant,using the same materials as Icon and Joe Rocket,don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Fuck if you want plain,Icon sells solid black jackets and even solid color helmets using non-gloss paint. How much plainer can you get? What's next,you gonna prove that Hondas are faster than Toyotas by pitting a Prius against a S2000? I don't mind someone being FOR a particular brand but for fuck's sake what is behind all this Icon hatred? IMHO for the money,you cannot buy more comfortable,better constructed,more armored riding gear period. Icon makes gear that'll protect you in a crash and you can wear in to the club without looking like a fucking clown. What's wrong with that?:rant:

Dave 03-28-2008 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 24228)
Oh fucking please! That's one jacket out of like twenty and on top of that it's an old model they don't make anymore. If we want to play like that,I have an old Technic jacket that matched my '95 FZR1000 that had like 6 different colors on it. My Accerant jacket is white/black and they make one that's all black. Infact that exact model of Icon jacket pictured also came in solid colors. Shit I have the Dainese Tattoo that has "tribal" shit all over it and an Alpinestars T-Stunt that makes me look like the blue power ranger when I wear it with my Arai blue and white Signet helmet. Hell,you've never seen the fucking Joe Rocket Pascal Piquote(sp) "Joker" jacket and I think Shoei made a helmet to match?! Jesus fucking christ,I know you have a bias against Icon for some stupid reason but could you at least play fair? I mean you take the butt ass plainest JR jacket and match it against one of the flashiest(and old) Icon jackets. What kind of bullshit comparo is that? As far as protection goes, I've had the misfortune to crash wearing both Icon jackets(twice,in fact) and Dainese jackets. The Icons held together and the Dainese fell apart. Period. I had to send the Dainese out to be repaired and I still wear both Icon jackets. I've witnessed a Joe Rocket ballistic jacket fall apart in the first 20 feet of a crash. It was all skin after that baby! BTW I'm from Mi and have met the founder of Technics personally. Technics HQ was like 10 miles from my house. I was a Technic fan until a new pair $100 gloves fell apart while I was putting it on. Technic is made in China, probably at the same plant,using the same materials as Icon and Joe Rocket,don't fool yourself into thinking otherwise. Fuck if you want plain,Icon sells solid black jackets and even solid color helmets using non-gloss paint. How much plainer can you get? What's next,you gonna prove that Hondas are faster than Toyotas by pitting a Prius against a S2000? I don't mind someone being FOR a particular brand but for fuck's sake what is behind all this Icon hatred? IMHO for the money,you cannot buy more comfortable,better constructed,more armored riding gear period. Icon makes gear that'll protect you in a crash and you can wear in to the club without looking like a fucking clown. What's wrong with that?:rant:

exactly!

Mr Lefty 03-28-2008 06:00 AM

Like I said... I can't speak to Icon's quality... I just don't dig their style... it's changed since I first started riding... (and so has my taste) but I looked a lot at Icon when I first got into motorcycles... I think I was dead set on getting the Neo-Daytona jacket and their riding Jeans... and the boots (forget what model) back in 03...

I don't think the comparison above was a fair one... picking individual jackets... but if you look at the ENTIRE LINUP... Icon is geared more for the Flashy decals and designs than most. again not counting helmets.

I went with A* because I heard lots of great things about them... got a great deal on the gloves... they fit unbelieably well... then I found my jacket and fell in love with it... it's flashy because of the color...but not decals and shit... which is mystyle. Honestly it seems as though I have an A* body build... as nothing seems to fit me like A* does... I'm take'n a chance on Teknic pants... but I think I'll be ok.

in the end... as long as it holds up to what it's supposed to do... which is protect your ass in a wreck... then buy what you like... and let others buy what they like...

Rider 03-28-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Icon is gay... JR is just plain ugly.

marko138 03-28-2008 08:44 AM

Quote:

One looks gay as fuck. One doesn't.

ceo012384 03-28-2008 10:30 AM

Quote:

What was that? All I was able to garner from that post was "Icon is fucking ghey".

6doublefive321 03-28-2008 12:14 PM

Quote:

God damn, Tigger. When have you had your blood pressure checked? I'm guessing you are at stroke level at this point.

Here's what I did. Google image search for Icon gear and Joe Rocket gear. The pics above were the first ones that came up for both searches. One is flashy, one is not, WHICH WAS THE POINT OF MY POSTS! I'm not trying to say YOUR gear is lame, or that YOUR tastes are wrong. Just trying to show why I have a perception of Icon being flashy. Chill the fuck out. Every post is not a direct attack on you or your opinions.

And yes, a S2000 is faster than a Prius.

Amber Lamps 03-28-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 24277)
One looks gay as fuck. One doesn't.

so speaks the man with the pink tiger stripped bike!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 24339)
What was that? All I was able to garner from that post was "Icon is fucking ghey".

whatever,Chrissy! You have to be a real man and secure in your heterosexuality to be able wear some things. Why don't you head on back to your,"I just figured out that LCD tvs can be hooked up like computer monitors",thread. DUH Fuck nuts! even my stupid ass knew that shit!!!

Big Kahuna 03-28-2008 01:26 PM

Yeah, I don't understand all the Icon hatred either? All I wear is Icon, because it is made for the street and thus fits me better because all I do is ride on the street.

Icon has some flashy stuff, but they also have non flashy vesions of the same jackets. I wear both. I like to have a little fun with my gear, so I don't mind the flashy stuff. I could care less what other people think, I buy stuff that I like.

To say that Icon gear is crap, is just plain silly. The only thing I can say to those who bash Icon, is they must have never worn anything they make. I believe Icon's leather is thinker than any other manufacturer. Check it out. These jackets are well put together and contain all the safety features of the race replica jackets the other manufacturers make.

Icon has a great idea, make good quality stuff for those of us that ride on the street. Obviously they have made their point know because Icon is bigger and better than ever.

I've never heard of anyone complain about icon gear who have been down in them. Say what you want about the style, but bashing Icon for the safety is just plain uneducated.

t-homo 03-28-2008 01:40 PM

God damn, I just stumbled into drama central.

Amber Lamps 03-28-2008 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6doublefive321 (Post 24419)
God damn, Tigger. When have you had your blood pressure checked? I'm guessing you are at stroke level at this point.

Here's what I did. Google image search for Icon gear and Joe Rocket gear. The pics above were the first ones that came up for both searches. One is flashy, one is not, WHICH WAS THE POINT OF MY POSTS! I'm not trying to say YOUR gear is lame, or that YOUR tastes are wrong. Just trying to show why I have a perception of Icon being flashy. Chill the fuck out. Every post is not a direct attack on you or your opinions.

And yes, a S2000 is faster than a Prius.

I actually have low blood presure for your information! My main issue with all the Icon hate stems from my opinion that the reason some of you hate it so much is what it stands for. It's marketed as "Urban" riding gear and the spokesperson is black. There was another thread where a bunch of you were slamming on Jason Britten(sp) but I've never seen anyone slam on Todd Corbet(sp),the Star Boys,etc. Why is that? It's the same reason alot of guys unreasonably hate the FUBU brand. Whatever! You probably don't even realize it yourself! That's the beauty of being a halfbreed/stealth nigga! I get to hear white people say shit they'd NEVER say if they knew a "black" guy was around!!! Man,I can't hardly wait until Obama becomes president! It's the first step in the halfbreed plan for WORLD DOMINATION!!! First America then he world!!! HAHAHAHAHA! BTW for you or anyone else here,there's an option in the user cp that allows you to block any members posts,right?

Rider 03-28-2008 01:50 PM

I don't think Icon gear is crap, I just think it looks stupid. We all have our own tastes in clothing and gear. Your go ahead and wear Icon, I don't think any less of you because of it. I just choose to not wear it myself.

t-homo 03-28-2008 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 24462)
stealth nigga!

Sorry I found this term fairly amusing. Not to spin this thread 180*, but why is it that black people will commonly use the word "nigger," but if a white person says it then it is a fighting word? Never really made sense to me.

marko138 03-28-2008 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 24451)
so speaks the man with the pink tiger stripped bike!!!

Is that all you've got? Weak sauce, kid.

Amber Lamps 03-28-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-rock (Post 24479)
Sorry I found this term fairly amusing. Not to spin this thread 180*, but why is it that black people will commonly use the word "nigger," but if a white person says it then it is a fighting word? Never really made sense to me.

I'm glad you asked. Well it's simple actually. Let's say that you and your friends are at the bar and a buddy turns to you and calls you a fag for some reason. You imediately call him a motherfucking pussy,and you both laugh and continue drinking. Now let's say that some other guy bumps into you at the bar and you say watch it and he responds,"Fuck you faggot". Will you just laugh and buy him another beer? Probably not. Offense is in the way the words spoken are interpeted and not necessarily in their exact meaning or even in the way they are intended. Another example,you're complaining to your buddy about your wife,gf,mom,sister,etc and you use the word "bitch" or "whore" to describe her. Does that now give everyone in the world the right to refer to her in such a way? Personally,I don't care how you refer to any other person. You can call someone else whatever you want. I do have some interest in what you say to me tho' but obviously when an insult is uttered I take into account the context of the situation to gage my response.

BTW,overseers and owners used the word "nigger" to describe slaves and to insinuate that they were lazy and niggardly. Apparently blacks still remember that and don't appreciate whites,especially unfamiliar ones,using it to describe them. Besides typically,we use the term "nigga" as oposed to "nigger",basically we took something hateful and made a joke out of it. Heck there was a time when someone would kill you for calling them a "punk"= fag or a motherfucker as in you have sex with your mother. Perception=reality.

Here's one of my favorite stories to illustrate this point. I'm at the bar and see this chick. She's cute so I talk to her for a few minutes(like 15 or so). I feed her line about having to let my dog out and ask if she'd like to come with. She agrees. We get in my truck and she is literally sucking my cock within 5-10 minutes. So I pull over so I can enjoy it. She's working on it like she's suffocating and my balls are full of oxygen when I slip up and say, "yeah whore suck that cock!". She immediately stops what's she is doing and gets fucking mad as hell! I calm her down and she decides she wants to go home. So I take her. We get to about a block away and she has me stop because her BOYFRIEND has her kid and she doesn't want him to see her get out of a strange vehicle!!!! True story!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 24494)
Is that all you've got? Weak sauce, kid.

Yea I'm not sure why but I don't like attacking you Marko,you're my favorite forum buddy!

marko138 03-28-2008 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 24521)
I'm glad you asked. Well it's simple actually. Let's say that you and your friends are at the bar and a buddy turns to you and calls you a fag for some reason. You imediately call him a motherfucking pussy,and you both laugh and continue drinking. Now let's say that some other guy bumps into you at the bar and you say watch it and he responds,"Fuck you faggot". Will you just laugh and buy him another beer? Probably not. Offense is in the way the words spoken are interpeted and not necessarily in their exact meaning or even in the way they are intended. Another example,you're complaining to your buddy about your wife,gf,mom,sister,etc and you use the word "bitch" or "whore" to describe her. Does that now give everyone in the world the right to refer to her in such a way? Personally,I don't care how you refer to any other person. You can call someone else whatever you want. I do have some interest in what you say to me tho' but obviously when an insult is uttered I take into account the context of the situation to gage my response.

BTW,overseers and owners used the word "nigger" to describe slaves and to insinuate that they were lazy and niggardly. Apparently blacks still remember that and don't appreciate whites,especially unfamiliar ones,using it to describe them. Besides typically,we use the term "nigga" as oposed to "nigger",basically we took something hateful and made a joke out of it. Heck there was a time when someone would kill you for calling them a "punk"= fag or a motherfucker as in you have sex with your mother. Perception=reality.

Here's one of my favorite stories to illustrate this point. I'm at the bar and see this chick. She's cute so I talk to her for a few minutes(like 15 or so). I feed her line about having to let my dog out and ask if she'd like to come with. She agrees. We get in my truck and she is literally sucking my cock within 5-10 minutes. So I pull over so I can enjoy it. She's working on it like she's suffocating and my balls are full of oxygen when I slip up and say, "yeah whore suck that cock!". She immediately stops what's she is doing and gets fucking mad as hell! I calm her down and she decides she wants to go home. So I take her. We get to about a block away and she has me stop because her BOYFRIEND has her kid and she doesn't want him to see her get out of a strange vehicle!!!! True story!!!

Yea I'm not sure why but I don't like attacking you Marko,you're my favorite forum buddy!

Well thank you, I think. :lol:

Amber Lamps 03-28-2008 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 24524)
Well thank you, I think. :lol:

You're welcome!!!

6doublefive321 03-28-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

I actually have low blood presure for your information! My main issue with all the Icon hate stems from my opinion that the reason some of you hate it so much is what it stands for. It's marketed as "Urban" riding gear and the spokesperson is black. There was another thread where a bunch of you were slamming on Jason Britten(sp) but I've never seen anyone slam on Todd Corbet(sp),the Star Boys,etc. Why is that? It's the same reason alot of guys unreasonably hate the FUBU brand. Whatever! You probably don't even realize it yourself! That's the beauty of being a halfbreed/stealth nigga! I get to hear white people say shit they'd NEVER say if they knew a "black" guy was around!!! Man,I can't hardly wait until Obama becomes president! It's the first step in the halfbreed plan for WORLD DOMINATION!!! First America then he world!!! HAHAHAHAHA! BTW for you or anyone else here,there's an option in the user cp that allows you to block any members posts,right?

Please don't quote my post and then make generalized comments about "you" when I have never made any of the comments you referenced. I simply stated that Icon gear was too flashy for my tastes. Somehow, that turned into you raving on about your racial heritage and racism in general. You should post up shit about Icon gear or start a "Tigger's race thread" (which would be pretty interesting, by the way).

As far as blocking your posts, why do that? Censorship in any form sucks. I'll be the first to admit that most of your posts are entertaining to say the least, I just feel like you need to step back and take a deep breath every now and then. The "Man" is NOT out to get you and your black brethren, and neither is anyone else on this forum. You are the one who brings up race in about 25% of your posts. In my mind we are all brothers from a different mother.

Dave 03-28-2008 03:41 PM

Quote:

probably cause they have never heard of him, who the eff is todd corbet?

Phenix_Rider 03-28-2008 06:52 PM

All I'm getting from this thread is "blah blah blah, Icon sucks" "No it doesn't" "yes it does" "wah wah wah"

Please children- internet name calling?:skep:

Smittie61984 03-28-2008 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 24237)
Honestly it seems as though I have an A* body build... as nothing seems to fit me like A* does... I'm take'n a chance on Teknic pants... but I think I'll be ok.

Thread Hijack for a second. I'll get to the Drama shor.

Ebbs. I just got some Teknic Chicane leather pants and they are freaking awesome. They fit my big ass great. I tried on some Dainese and they are obviously designed for skinny Italian butt. Not fat American ass like mine. Plus my legs are fairly stout from moving pool tables all day. I got them from Newenough for $150 with shipping. Here is a link for ya...

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/l...cle_pants.html

Okay. Back to the Drama....
George Bush hates Black People. Rant on now.

vabarber2 03-28-2008 08:21 PM

Icon Ftw.

vabarber2 03-28-2008 09:10 PM

Picked up a set of Icon Barier 2 Pants as well! CAMO

Phenix_Rider 03-28-2008 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vabarber2 (Post 24632)
Picked up a set of Icon Barier 2 Pants as well! CAMO

Barrier 2? I have the original, but the kevlar rides way up- not cool.

Mr Lefty 03-29-2008 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 24599)
Thread Hijack for a second. I'll get to the Drama shor.

Ebbs. I just got some Teknic Chicane leather pants and they are freaking awesome. They fit my big ass great. I tried on some Dainese and they are obviously designed for skinny Italian butt. Not fat American ass like mine. Plus my legs are fairly stout from moving pool tables all day. I got them from Newenough for $150 with shipping. Here is a link for ya...

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/l...cle_pants.html

Okay. Back to the Drama....
George Bush hates Black People. Rant on now.

Yeah that's what Marko and CEO have been telling me... and almost got a pair of Chicane's when CEO posted the link you did a while back... but I held off... but I went ahead and got the ones Marko posted
http://www.kneedraggers.com/details/...s--610220.html

I got them from newenough... but they don't have them up anymore... I got them for 179.

Smittie61984 03-29-2008 08:41 AM

Damn. I wish the Sports where up when I tried to order them. I wanted the sports but for $150 more I didn't feel like paying for them. But either way they fit great.

vabarber2 03-29-2008 09:14 PM

Icon would be cheaper and fit better.

Amber Lamps 03-29-2008 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vabarber2 (Post 25123)

you're killing me Hahahahaha! BTW I ordered the new Icon leather pants!

vabarber2 03-29-2008 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 25144)
you're killing me Hahahahaha! BTW I ordered the new Icon leather pants!

:lol:Congrats. I ordered the Barier2's, cause I know that I wont wear leathers much but still want protection.

Mr Lefty 03-29-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

show me some that are meant for track riding?

marko138 03-29-2008 09:43 PM

Quote:

You're right. Icon is so much more reputable than Teknic. Get the fuck out.

Mr Lefty 03-29-2008 09:46 PM

no shit... sorry but Icon is a baby in riding gear... shit 90% of the people I talked to back in 04 hadn't even heard of Icon...

Amber Lamps 03-29-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 25152)
no shit... sorry but Icon is a baby in riding gear... shit 90% of the people I talked to back in 04 hadn't even heard of Icon...

ahhh so was Teknic back in the day. There's actually been talk of Icon track gear but I wouldn't hold my breath. Heck not to jump ship but has anyone seen the new Scorpion gear. Pretty snazzy I must say! BTW alot of people don't think that any gear manufacturers make STREET gear except Icon.

Mr Lefty 03-29-2008 10:13 PM

EVERY thing that is Textile is STREET GEAR! 90% of what every major manufacture makes is street gear.

I like Scorpion's helmets... don't know about their gear... but marko's point is that VB is saying that Icon would be cheaper and fit better than Teknic... well 1. how... they don't even offer a similar product... they offer like what 1 set of leather pants? and 2. they're new... yes all companies were new at one time... but Teknic's got the track record for having good shit... same with A*'s... right now Icon can't fuck with that... there's a reason Icon's gear is cheaper... ithey're new and they're trying to get a solid customer base before they raise their prices (inevetably) and their gear wouldn't sell for shit next to Teknic or A* or even Joe Rocket if priced the same.

Amber Lamps 03-29-2008 10:30 PM

Oh I don't know about that now. I'm sorry Teknic lovers but I wore them for almost 10 years,then Dainese,then A* and now Icon. Teknic is not better than Icon for protevtion or quality. What is killing me about this whole discussion is a total avoidance of facts. Teknics makes some WAY flashy gear, I've often suspected that Icon and Teknics are made in the same place. I'm gonna research this alittle because I believe that I was told by a Parts Unlimited rep that a number of different gear manufacturers are made in the same factory in China. I'm gonna look into it.

Mr Lefty 03-29-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 25176)
Oh I don't know about that now. I'm sorry Teknic lovers but I wore them for almost 10 years,then Dainese,then A* and now Icon. Teknic is not better than Icon for protevtion or quality. What is killing me about this whole discussion is a total avoidance of facts. Teknics makes some WAY flashy gear, I've often suspected that Icon and Teknics are made in the same place. I'm gonna research this alittle because I believe that I was told by a Parts Unlimited rep that a number of different gear manufacturers are made in the same factory in China. I'm gonna look into it.

did you read my post?

avoidance of what facts? you've yet to provide any yourself. I said Teknic has a track record for having good shit... not that it was better than Icon... just that they've been around and proven themselves so they'd have a tough time selling next to PROVEN companies...

what marko and I were talking about was the comment about the track pants that I bought... that VB said Icon's would fit better and be cheaper... sure cause if you don't offer anything it's free... free=cheaper... I got ya...

My only issue with Icon is that they don't make any NON-flashy gear... sure Teknic, shit even A* makes some flashy shit... (none as flashy as Icon IMO) but they make a lot of "subdued" gear... and Icon doesn't make anything but street gear

Smittie61984 03-29-2008 11:11 PM

Teknic is track proven and street proven. A buddy of mine who use to race 200mph+ around Atlanta's perimeter wears nothing but Teknic. And if you see this guys garage you can see he has crashed a lot with torn up bike parts lying everywhere. When I was getting a bike and talking about gear he said "Get Teknic, Dainese, and Taichi". Or something like Tai Chi. I've never heard of them nor been able to find them but heard they were good.

He told me not to cheap out with Icon gear. By the way this guy is "Ghetto Fabulous" and loves that crap. He rides an 08 Hayabusa that spits out 202hp to the wheel. Has owned 3 ZX-12s both 200mph+ capable and all totaled out. He even wears the chrome dome sometimes and thought about putting a 360rear on his Busa for a bit(Thank god he didn't). But when it came to riding hard he gears out all the way.

Considering Icon gear is right up this guy's alley and he won't wear it I think that says a lot.

Which I'm fairly new to motorcycles and Icon might make gear just as good or better than Teknic, Dainese, or whatever. But I'm not going to test it out myself so I'm going to stick with what I know is good and that is Teknic.

Damn I just thought of an example about hte quality of Icon vs others. I was looking at back protecters and saw the Icon spine protecter. Then saw a Dainese spine protector. The guy at Cyclegear told me not to get the Icon one. He demostrated why. He grabbed the Icon back protector and bent it backwards in a position I don't want my back going in if I wreck. Then I tried the Dainese and I couldn't get it to bend back. That is the difference you pay.

Icon is fine if it's all you can afford or I'll go out on a limb and say if you want something for bike night or just a night out on the town where you want some protection but don't want to be in a $1000 One Peice.

Either way someone who buys Icon gear(No matter how flashy or not) is far superior to the countless bikes you'll see in the summer with shorts and a t-shirt and no helmet even in some states.

OneSickPsycho 03-30-2008 09:10 AM

This arguement is just like Chevy vs. Ford, Mobil 1 vs. Castrol, Honda vs. Suzuki, etc, etc... Every piece of Icon gear I have ever held in my hands appeared to be top quality under very close examination.

Smittie61984 03-30-2008 09:59 AM

OSP. Didn't you crash a while back? Where you wearing Icon gear? If so how did it (Or whatever brand you were wearing) hold up in it?

OneSickPsycho 03-30-2008 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 25395)
OSP. Didn't you crash a while back? Where you wearing Icon gear? If so how did it (Or whatever brand you were wearing) hold up in it?

I was only wearing Icon boots... they held up fine... I still wear them to this day... My Power Trip mesh jacket held up decently, but the armor slide and I got burnt through the leather uppers... One of my A* SMX air-2 carbon gloves was fucked, but other than losing a small part of my thumbnail, my hand was tip top.

That being said, I know Neebs knows a guy who went off the road and hit a stump at high speeds and his Icon boots flew off... Of course, I have to guess that either they didn't fit right, he didn't have them fastened correctly, or it was just a one in a billion chance and probably would have happened no matter what boots he was wearing... I have trouble getting them on and off and I have probably 10k miles in 'em.

Smittie61984 03-30-2008 02:43 PM

What kind of Icon boots? I tried on Icon Super Duty 2 Boots and felt like I could have kicked them off if I tried hard enough.

Then I tried on some Shift Fuel Street Shoes and they felt snug around my ankle along with the rest of my foot. I don't know the quality in a crash but they felt superior to the similar style Icon boots.

I do like this one Denim re-enforced Icon pants that I might get for everyday riding(Such as if I'm going to shoot pool or just cruise to the store) from Icon. I'm not gearing up in full race gear to grab a sandwich nor walk around a pool table in leathers. There is one I like that isn't overdone with patches.

Which Icon gear could look better if they dropped the NGK, Parts Unlimited, etc patches.

OneSickPsycho 03-30-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 25508)
What kind of Icon boots? I tried on Icon Super Duty 2 Boots and felt like I could have kicked them off if I tried hard enough.

Then I tried on some Shift Fuel Street Shoes and they felt snug around my ankle along with the rest of my foot. I don't know the quality in a crash but they felt superior to the similar style Icon boots.

I do like this one Denim re-enforced Icon pants that I might get for everyday riding(Such as if I'm going to shoot pool or just cruise to the store) from Icon. I'm not gearing up in full race gear to grab a sandwich nor walk around a pool table in leathers. There is one I like that isn't overdone with patches.

Which Icon gear could look better if they dropped the NGK, Parts Unlimited, etc patches.

Icon Field Armor Boots FTW

Amber Lamps 03-30-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 25508)

Ok,again I don't get it. Haven't any of you actually LOOKED at Icon's website BEFORE you've started mouthing off? For every jacket Icon makes with patches,they make the exact same jacket without. For every jacket they make in "loud" colors,they make in black. I have Alpine stars "skate" shoes,should I use them to illustrate how unprotective their gear is? I've crashed the field armor boots and leg armor three times since I've had them and they never "fell off" or "fell apart", that's more than I can say for Nitro boots. Most Icon boots are for casual riding and NOBODY ever said they were designed for doing 200+ mph around the streets of Atlanta. If you or your friend want to ride like that on the street I have two suggestions; 1. stay the fuck away from me and 2. buy ALOT of insurance and put it the name of someone you love. I don't care what gear you have on at those speeds, eventually you're gonna get fucked up.

Amber Lamps 03-30-2008 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 25183)
My only issue with Icon is that they don't make any NON-flashy gear... sure Teknic, shit even A* makes some flashy shit... (none as flashy as Icon IMO) but they make a lot of "subdued" gear... and Icon doesn't make anything but street gear

Once again,have you even looked at Icon's website? They make alot of "non-flashy" gear. You put on you A* red,white and blue power ranger boots and I'll put on my all black Icon boots and we'll see who's flashy now!!! I wore NOTHING but Teknics for 10+ years,why doesn't my opinion count? I've had "top of the line" teknics gear fall apart. A* Gp+ gloves broke 3 of my fingers when my hand got smashed flat against a car because the knuckle armor didn't float like Icon's and the edge "guillotined" my fingers! I own a Dainese jacket that I can't wait to take off when I stop because it's so uncomfortable in anything but a race tuck position! BTW How much time do you spend on the track? Most guys,in my 25 years experience,laugh at dudes that show up wearing full race suits to go on a casual ride. Am I saying they aren't smart? Nope. But it definitely brings to mind tuner wannabes that have fire extinguishers and 5 point harnesses in their Cavaliers or Civics. Besides, the basis for your "quality" arguement seems to revolve solely around the fact that Icon doesn't make "track gear". So what? I'm not trying to be Mat Mlladin on the street! Believe it or not,Icon has started a trend in street gear that the "unbiased" observer can see the other gear manuacturers following. As far as style,cut and fit are concerned. Anyway,I'm gonna look into actual quality and not perceived quality this week and we'll see.

WARputer 03-30-2008 03:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 25529)
Most guys,in my 25 years experience,laugh at dudes that show up wearing full race suits to go on a casual ride. Am I saying they aren't smart? Nope. But it definitely brings to mind tuner wannabes that have fire extinguishers and 5 point harnesses in their Cavaliers or Civics. .

A little off the subject here...but the guys that think that way are in for a world of hurt eventually. I'm one of those full suit guys ....'cause I learned the hard way years ago.......

Amber Lamps 03-30-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WARputer (Post 25532)
A little off the subject here...but the guys that think that way are in for a world of hurt eventually. I'm one of those full suit guys ....'cause I learned the hard way years ago.......

Hey and no one is trying to stop you from wearing total race gear to run to the mail box if you want. I don't care. I just get tired of the elitist full race suit guys calling everyone else squids if they aren't AGATT! I feel that I wear enough protection for the type of riding I do. Considering I've been in quite a few crashes and have sustained only minimal damage seems to support that. BTW road race suits are designed as protection against road rash and not necessarily impact. Since I wear leg armor,I have basically the same level of impact protection you have with a suit. If you hit a car at 150mph I don't think the latest Chicane suit from Teknics is gonna be much help. Other than keeping your corpse rash free,that is. I saw your pics,if you're trying to convince us that you were wearing a leather jacket and gloves and still received that damage,well...:bs2:

Here's the thing that I appreciate most about Icon and some of the other new brands like Power Trip,Scorpion,etc. They are getting riders who would normally NEVER wear gear before to wear it. Believe it or not,not everyone who rides is an engineer,a computer nerd,etc and can't afford a $2000 custom Z leathers full race suit. I'm just happy that there is gear they can afford. I know alot of you state that if you can't wear your full gear then you don't ride at all...well not everyone feels that way. When there wasn't gear I could wear comfortably in the heat,or I coudn't afford it,I went without. I know alot of guys that do.

Mr Lefty 03-30-2008 11:54 PM

Quote:

Once again,have you even looked at Icon's website? They make alot of "non-flashy" gear. You put on you A* red,white and blue power ranger boots and I'll put on my all black Icon boots and we'll see who's flashy now!!!

yeah I just got done looking at Icon's web site... and I will concede the point that they do make some non flashy gear... and I think your and my opinion of flashy is different. Flashy to me is shit more for style than function... all the patches and flames... ect... flashy... I don't consider color when calling something flashy... because it's what gets noticed and can save your life... so it's got a function... again IMO.

Quote:

I wore NOTHING but Teknics for 10+ years,why doesn't my opinion count? I've had "top of the line" teknics gear fall apart. A* Gp+ gloves broke 3 of my fingers when my hand got smashed flat against a car because the knuckle armor didn't float like Icon's and the edge "guillotined" my fingers! I own a Dainese jacket that I can't wait to take off when I stop because it's so uncomfortable in anything but a race tuck position!

As for your opinion not counting... you didn't say anything about having Teknic gear... or if you did... I missed it. but I wasn't attacking Icon for not having top quality gear... I merely said that they don't have the track record that A* or Teknic does... that takes time... everyone has to start somewhere.
Quote:

BTW How much time do you spend on the track? Most guys,in my 25 years experience,laugh at dudes that show up wearing full race suits to go on a casual ride. Am I saying they aren't smart? Nope. But it definitely brings to mind tuner wannabes that have fire extinguishers and 5 point harnesses in their Cavaliers or Civics.

as for how much time I spend on a track? 0... I've yet to even step foot inside the parking lot of a track... but I will wear the gear that I feel will protect me to my satisfaction depending on they type of riding I'm doing... if that means I show up to a group ride and ya'll laugh at me? fine... I've been laughed at before... and it'll happen again I'm sure... but I dress for MY protection... not for the visual satisfaction of others. I'd rather be over dressed than under-dressed when/if I go down...
Quote:

Besides, the basis for your "quality" arguement seems to revolve solely around the fact that Icon doesn't make "track gear". So what? I'm not trying to be Mat Mlladin on the street! Believe it or not,Icon has started a trend in street gear that the "unbiased" observer can see the other gear manuacturers following. As far as style,cut and fit are concerned. Anyway,I'm gonna look into actual quality and not perceived quality this week and we'll see.

Your misunderstanding what I'm saying and what I was talking about... I was making a point to Vab's comment... I'm not ARGUING that Icon doesn't make good gear because they don't make track gear... fuck First Gear, Chase Harper, Tour Master all make great gear but don't make track gear... what I'm saying is they haven't been around long and don't have the same rep as the ones I've named before... shit Icon could have the best built gear out there (I doubt it as it's mass produced... hand made SHOULD be better)... but it takes time to build a reputation.

Icon did not start the trend of STREET gear... it's been around a lot longer than Icon... Icon is just the current leader in marketing their gear. Joe Rocket, Draggin Jeans, several others were there before Icon. None were styled as Trendy as Icon has... but that doesn't mean they were the first.

all and all I don't "hate on" Icon... I actually tried to talk my bro into getting a set of Icon boots and pants... they're just not my style... but it's by far better than no gear and defiantly not the worst available

Amber Lamps 03-31-2008 02:36 AM

Darn,way to kill an arguement Ebbs,yeesh! Oh well,at least you admitted that you've never before looked at their website. BTW Icon isn't the first co. to put patches on their gear. The only Joe Rocket jacket I've ever owned was a replica of a Canadian racer,Steve Crevier. It had all of his sponsor patches,a big number 1 and an aero-hump! My memory fails but I think this was mid-90s. I also think that Teknic was the first to come out with chrome armor. Speaking of Teknic,when they first came out all the A*,Dainese,Vanson,etc guys all said they were junk. I heard,"you wear that crap?" almost everytime I showed up at the parking lot we hung out at on Sat nights.

When I said the Icon had started a trend I was mostly refering to cut. Most racer-boy jackets fall above the waist and fall short of the wrist. Icon tends to go below the waist and the sleeves go to the hand, more like casual jackets as far as fit is concerned. Oh lastly,Icon been around longer than you think. They were originally another company(can't think of the name) which had it's stuff made in Pakistan. They were failing,restructured,changed their name,moved production to China and here you are. Fun fact; did you know that Icon attaches a blessed St Christopher's medal into the inside pocket of all their jackets? It's true! So if you buy Icon gear you've got GOD on your side!!! What better protection than that?!

Mr Lefty 03-31-2008 02:54 AM

:lol: well since I don't believe in god... I'd say... luck? :lol: naw... I think it's pretty cool...

Amber Lamps 03-31-2008 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 25668)
:lol: well since I don't believe in god... I'd say... luck? :lol: naw... I think it's pretty cool...

BLASPHEMER!!! Oh well,I think this argument has dried up! And he's AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr Lefty 03-31-2008 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 25673)
BLASPHEMER!!! Oh well,I think this argument has dried up! And he's AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol:

DLIT 03-31-2008 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceo012384 (Post 21622)
Icon FTL!

Agreed.

Rider 03-31-2008 09:11 AM

Got my Teknic sport leather pants over the weekend. They fit a little big but oh well. They are tight in the calves though. Hopefully they stretch a bit there. Nice pants, thick leather and comfortable.

Mr Lefty 03-31-2008 09:13 AM

shit I forgot to check the post office... though it usually takes a bit longer for me...

hum... tight in the calves huh... that might be their down fall for me... the only part of my body that's not scrawny is my legs :lol: