Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Sold the Harley, Bought a Bus (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=16432)

dubbs 09-16-2010 09:00 PM

Sold the Harley, Bought a Bus

1 Attachment(s)
a Busa that is..

Sold the Harley to my dad for what I paid for it, so I still get to ride it from time to time (thing sounds amazing) I decided I needed something with a little* more pep and could actually turn.

So I went and found a left over 09 Black Busa for 12k OTD. I thought it was a good deal for the NY area and they also gave me 0.0% for 5 yrs so I said.. eh, why the fuck not.

First impressions.. HOLY FUCK.. I thought my 600 was fast.. wow.. I have trouble seeing and I'm still only doing about 3/4 throttle and limiting the Revs to about 8k or so.

She had 0 miles when I rolled her out of the showroom on Monday.. She's got about 300 miles on her now.. The bike is comfortable, gets good gas mileage (5.5 gallon tank too), is dumb fuck fast, and actually handles well. I haven't really went crazy in the twisties yet (new tires) but So far, I honestly can't tell that much of a difference between this bike and my zzr in the turns. In fact, the busa feels better to me..

I attached a pic.. god damn I love this bike.. :rockwoot: :boobs: :rockwoot:

Rangerscott 09-16-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubbs (Post 409543)
a Busa that is..

Sold the Harley to my dad for what I paid for it, so I still get to ride it from time to time (thing sounds amazing) I decided I needed something with a little* more pep and could actually turn.

So I went and found a left over 09 Black Busa for 12k OTD. I thought it was a good deal for the NY area and they also gave me 0.0% for 5 yrs so I said.. eh, why the fuck not.

First impressions.. HOLY FUCK.. I thought my 600 was fast.. wow.. I have trouble seeing and I'm still only doing about 3/4 throttle and limiting the Revs to about 8k or so.

She had 0 miles when I rolled her out of the showroom on Monday.. She's got about 300 miles on her now.. The bike is comfortable, gets good gas mileage (5.5 gallon tank too), is dumb fuck fast, and actually handles well. I haven't really went crazy in the twisties yet (new tires) but So far, I honestly can't tell that much of a difference between this bike and my zzr in the turns. In fact, the busa feels better to me..

I attached a pic.. god damn I love this bike.. :rockwoot: :boobs: :rockwoot:

I giggled. Congrats on the bike.

nhgunnut 09-16-2010 09:16 PM

Welcome to the world of Busa's You are going to have lots of fun.

Particle Man 09-16-2010 09:29 PM

very very nice. Congrats!

ontwo 09-16-2010 09:38 PM

Nice dude. I like it. I've actually got my eye on one in the area. I normally wouldn't be tempted by the Bus, but this is the 06 Ltd edition that I love.

I'm still in bike limbo (Chi, I don't need any comments from you)

tallywacker 09-16-2010 10:11 PM

I still can't believe people ride those around with nitrous and turbo's on the street.

RACER X 09-16-2010 10:28 PM

Grats!

derf 09-16-2010 11:02 PM

Why do people always comment about how great they sound, and never how great harleys handle?

Other than that congrats

t-homo 09-16-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 409545)
I giggled. Congrats on the bike.

funny. i guarantee my friend can outride you through twisties on his zx14.

pauldun170 09-16-2010 11:12 PM

nice

Homeslice 09-16-2010 11:40 PM

Looks good. Still don't care for how the fairing sticks past the front wheel a little, but other than that it looks good.

101lifts2 09-17-2010 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-homo (Post 409582)

I bet I can outride him with my ZX6r:boobs:

Busas are pretty heavy..I think the ZX14 is much more nimble and prolly just as comfy. But...if you like it than thats all that matters.

Rider 09-17-2010 08:26 AM

Love the look and love the color but those bikes are huge. They need to shed 100lbs.

nhgunnut 09-17-2010 08:35 AM

While I would agree the Busa Class machines will not handle AS WELL as a a superbike (my old 999 for example) Busa's n ZX14 handle very well (so does the B King) Frankly it takes better than the average skill set to make much use of the difference.
While I like the appearance of the Busa better than the ZX14 (Just opinion here) the real advantage of the Busa is the Depth of the Aftermarket. You only need to look at Over200's or Gixerhp's Bikes to find Busa's that handle extremely well. Of course the Olin Suspension and Brembos help. As does the available shortened swingarm , for those of us a bit more budget conscious simple tricks like race tech springs and valves in the forks, and and going up on both sprockets shorten the bike.

dubbs 09-17-2010 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 409625)
Love the look and love the color but those bikes are huge. They need to shed 100lbs.

I guess on paper the 480 or so pounds dry does seem like a lot, that was my thought going in too, but once this bike starts moving.. it feels nimble as hell. Plus, for me, this bike is strictly for the street, so any difference in corner speed between this and a 600 is negligible.

I plan on using the 600 as a track whore.. gonna take off the reg and ins.. that should pay for a trackday or two by itself. :rockwoot:

dubbs 09-17-2010 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 409561)
I still can't believe people ride those around with nitrous and turbo's on the street.

I know, at this point, I can't see any reason for making more power.. It already has waaaaay too much for the street, and probably too much for some road courses.

z06boy 09-17-2010 09:16 AM

Congrats and nice bike if you don't mind the size but hey...you just got off a Harley so I see no reason for you not to love it.

I didn't used to care much for Busa's HOWEVER after riding one for several days on two seperate occasions I have to admit that I liked it alot better than I would have thought. Yep...I'd own one.

Oh and it had a turbo too...made me smile quite often. :rockwoot:

dubbs 09-17-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 409578)
Why do people always comment about how great they sound, and never how great harleys handle?

Other than that congrats

Because they do sound really good, at least mine did with open pipes.. Second question I believe is rhetorical.. lol.

nhgunnut 09-17-2010 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 409642)
Congrats and nice bike if you don't mind the size but hey...you just got off a Harley so I see no reason for you not to love it.

I didn't used to care much for Busa's HOWEVER after riding one for several days on two seperate occasions I have to admit that I liked it alot better than I would have thought. Yep...I'd own one.

Well yeah the turbo's do add a little something..
a 100hp or so

Trip 09-17-2010 09:59 AM

Somebody needs to tell Busa Shane that Busas don't handle well.

z06boy 09-17-2010 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 409657)
Well yeah the turbo's do add a little something..
a 100hp or so

Well it sure came in handy when I got caught up in traffic and then needed to pass 4 or 5 cars in one fell swoop to get back up with you guys. :lol:

It was of course of no use in the middle of the night when it was foggy and I saw signs like this...:whatwhat: :lol: Here in NC we have deer but had not seen this type sign before...

http://www.upstatenyroads.com/submit...2/100_0368.jpg

tallywacker 09-17-2010 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 409642)

Smile? You mean put a evil grin of glorious self destruction on your face.

z06boy 09-17-2010 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallywacker (Post 409672)
Smile? You mean put a evil grin of glorious self destruction on your face.

Yep you are correct sir !! :rockout: I actually caught myself laughing out loud a few times...especially with the shield on my helmet closed. :lol: I had to put myself in check since I was in the New Hampshire/Vermont mountains and didn't really know the area and didn't know all of the hotspots for the leo or where to go "if" I wanted to hide. :lol:

pauldun170 09-17-2010 11:19 AM

To think of all those years I looked at Busa's as a lighter, better handling alternative to my ZX-11
:lol:

z06boy 09-17-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 409699)
To think of all those years I looked at Busa's as a lighter, better handling alternative to my ZX-11

It is...isn't it ? I don't recall exactly but I 'thought' my 93 ZX-11 was heavier than the 05 Busa that I rode. I know the Busa has more power...yeah I know...duh. The Busa seemed like it handled better too.

Now I admit...I didn't look up the specs before posting this and haven't ridden a ZX-11 since 1998.

dubbs 09-17-2010 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 409699)

Pretty sure it is.. :?:

pauldun170 09-17-2010 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 409712)
It is...isn't it ? I don't recall exactly but I 'thought' my 93 ZX-11 was heavier than the 05 Busa that I rode. I know the Busa has more power...yeah I know...duh. The Busa seemed like it handled better too.

Now I admit...I didn't look up the specs before posting this and haven't ridden a ZX-11 since 1998.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubbs (Post 409714)
Pretty sure it is.. :?:

oops...never finished my thought.

All those years....
..and to hear folks debate on whether a Busa handles or not.

Rider 09-17-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 409733)

All those years....

Oh it handles just fine, it's just big.

pauldun170 09-17-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 409736)

I know...its a huge improvement over my old ZX-11.

nhgunnut 09-17-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 409736)

I agree and because it is big it doesn't pound you senseless the was the light bikes do. I honestly ( at this moment at least) don't see myself ever owning another superbike. Perhaps a naked 1 liter standard of some sort, but My commuters are likely to always be in the Hyperbike class,

nhgunnut 09-17-2010 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 409670)
Well it sure came in handy when I got caught up in traffic and then needed to pass 4 or 5 cars in one fell swoop to get back up with you guys. :lol:

It was of course of no use in the middle of the night when it was foggy and I saw signs like this...:whatwhat: :lol: Here in NC we have deer but had not seen this type sign before...

http://www.upstatenyroads.com/submit...2/100_0368.jpg

Not my fault you tar heels don't have any big game:rockwoot:
So when you going to build a Muscle Bike? You have Lee just around the corner he can cook you up something good.

z06boy 09-17-2010 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 409749)
Not my fault you tar heels don't have any big game:rockwoot:
So when you going to build a Muscle Bike? You have Lee just around the corner he can cook you up something good.

:lol: True...deer is about the biggest I have to worry about and that's big enough !!

I don't know about the Muscle Bike BUT you are correct...Lee knows how to get it done for sure. I'll go out in the back yard at some point and try to find those mason jars full of $$ to get it started. :lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 409733)

All those years....

:cheers: Went over my head the first time...hey it's Friday. :lol:

I found an old pic of my ZX-11 and I'll have to scan it sometime and post it. I had a lot of fun on that bike.

101lifts2 09-17-2010 08:16 PM

I wipped some Busa who thought he was the shit on a mountain once. Just thought I'd share.

Mr Lefty 09-17-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 101lifts2 (Post 409870)
I wipped some Busa who thought he was the shit on a mountain once. Just thought I'd share.

it's all rider... trust me...

busa Shane would give you a run for your money... dunno who's faster Riceoholic on his tricked out 1000 or Busashane on his... uh Busa... but they both haul fucking ass

tommymac 09-17-2010 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubbs (Post 409641)
I know, at this point, I can't see any reason for making more power.. It already has waaaaay too much for the street, and probably too much for some road courses.

I hate seeing busas at the track, they kill ya on the straights but then you reel em in after turn 1.

tommymac 09-17-2010 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 409877)

busa Shane would give you a run for your money... dunno who's faster Riceoholic on his tricked out 1000 or Busashane on his... uh Busa... but they both haul fucking ass

I think he gave the nod to shane prolly more so now since shanes on a literbike too.

101lifts2 09-17-2010 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 409877)

It's rider to a point. The big bikes usually catch up quick, can haul outta the corners and are generally more stable, but the 600s in the tight stuff will go faster if your not afraid to thow the bike around aggressively. The big bikes compensate with power, whereas the smaller agility, lightness and better engine braking due to higher RPMs in all gears.

nhgunnut 09-18-2010 09:23 AM

Got to agree it is the rider that makes most of the Difference. I like my Busa and my B King
largely because they handle well, I fit on them comfortably. and in day to day riding they don't pound on my tired old bones. As noted you can get insane HP out of them. What sometimes gets missed though is that in Day to Day riding having all the low end torque (100ft lbs or so on a stock machine) means not having to boil it to get it around in traffic nor do I have to fan the gear box.
This is not to dispute anyones claim that they whipped a Busa or any other bike for that matter. But not long ago on route 91 I was riding my Busa and in my rear view I see a younger guy (if you are under 45 I consider you a younger guy) on what turned out to be a FZ1 wailing it to catch up I was loafing along at 75 to 80 and after a bit he was even and I waved as he went past. Then I tucked in behind him for a a bit, I guess he thought I was racing because he proceeded to wail on that thing but showing incredibly bad judgement. Bobbing in and out of traffic and a bunch of other squidly behavior.
I chose not to follow him, and as I often do got off the highway at the exit I take to take the long way home.
I am reasonably sure he went home and told his buddies how he had spanked a Busa.

Smittie61984 09-19-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 409878)
I hate seeing busas at the track, they kill ya on the straights but then you reel em in after turn 1.

I always found this video funny. Yamaha XJ600 naked vs a Yamaha R1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rda1XBh8fS0

I've come around to the Busa. I guess mainly becuase I'm getting old. If not for me wanting my next bike to be a Vtwin I'd consider the Busa. Or the ZX12!

nhgunnut 09-19-2010 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 410121)
I always found this video funny. Yamaha XJ600 naked vs a Yamaha R1.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rda1XBh8fS0

I've come around to the Busa. I guess mainly becuase I'm getting old. If not for me wanting my next bike to be a Vtwin I'd consider the Busa. Or the ZX12!

Hang on then ,, Ducati is Rumored to have a Busa Class Machine in the works.

Rangerscott 09-20-2010 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-homo (Post 409582)

And yet i couldnt give two shits about it. My bikes weight is right under theirs so i know how to ride a heavy sport bike. Also by dads unvles cousins sister brothers aunts third umcles twin sister stepfathers grand daughters dog can outride me.

z06boy 09-20-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 410229)
And yet i couldnt give two shits about it. My bikes weight is right under theirs so i know how to ride a heavy sport bike. Also by dads unvles cousins sister brothers aunts third umcles twin sister stepfathers grand daughters dog can outride me.

Yeah that dog can ride. :lol

Trip 09-20-2010 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 409888)
I think he gave the nod to shane prolly more so now since shanes on a literbike too.

Shane was much quicker through the gap on his busa when I had the 600rr. Shane was faster than me on his Busa. Can't imagine him with a 1000 through there now.

Rangerscott 09-20-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 410260)
Yeah that dog can ride. :lol

Hell ya he can. Fucker beat me with a moped through deals gap last week. Since i can lock my throttle i can out ride him with no hands though.

z06boy 09-20-2010 11:04 AM

:rofl: :rofl:

Smittie61984 09-20-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 410153)
Hang on then ,, Ducati is Rumored to have a Busa Class Machine in the works.

Well I mean I want a V-twin where I don't have to give out blowjobs and recieve anal rapings to own. So Ducati is out. I was thinking more along the lines of a SV1000 or RC51. Though shit, I want a 1100s so fucking bad.

nhgunnut 09-20-2010 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 410324)
Well I mean I want a V-twin where I don't have to give out blowjobs and recieve anal rapings to own. So Ducati is out. I was thinking more along the lines of a SV1000 or RC51. Though shit, I want a 1100s so fucking bad.

Well there is Pole dancing? No I hear you I want a Duc Streetfighter .. not bad enough to pay the taxes on it but I do want one

Smittie61984 09-20-2010 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 410366)
I want a Duc Streetfighter .. not bad enough to pay the taxes on it but I do want one

Fuck yeah! And Fuck it, BJs starting at $10. I need a Duc

Rangerscott 09-20-2010 03:36 PM

Rc51 = idiots that think its a "collectors" item and want 40% or more than its worth.

Rangerscott 09-20-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 410372)

Wow! I thougt you had higher standards than that.

Smittie61984 09-20-2010 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 410420)
Rc51 = idiots that think its a "collectors" item and want 40% or more than its worth.

Well if you can find a RC51 that doesn't have a giant scrape down the side because the owner didn't understand engine compression differences between a Ninja250 and a RC51 it will be a collectors item. Unfortunately the dumbasses selling the RC51s with the scrapes think their bikes are worth as much as the RC51s still in crates (which a local Honda shop still has).

As much as I love the RC51s (and Ducs) I'll probably get a SV1000. My buddy just got a naked one and that thing is sweet!!!
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...4_389973_n.jpg

Quote:

Wow! I thougt you had higher standards than that
Competition is fierce in Atlanta

z06boy 09-20-2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 410372)

http://www.bmwgsa.com/images/redneck_toilet.jpg

"Dude I'm tellin' you he said $10 !!" :rofl:

Smittie61984 09-20-2010 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 410432)
http://www.bmwgsa.com/images/redneck_toilet.jpg

"Dude I'm tellin' you he said $10 !!" :rofl:

Hahahahahahhaa

Rangerscott 09-20-2010 08:24 PM

There was a black RC51 in a dealership last year. They wanted $10k for it. LOL

There was a double one in craigs. One good one, and one wrecked one for $10k.

Homeslice 09-20-2010 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smittie61984 (Post 410428)
Unfortunately the dumbasses selling the RC51s with the scrapes think their bikes are worth as much as the RC51s still in crates (which a local Honda shop still has).

Truth.

Rangerscott 09-20-2010 08:51 PM

Or that have been beat to shit while stunting.

z06boy 09-21-2010 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 410516)
There was a black RC51 in a dealership last year. They wanted $10k for it. LOL

There was a double one in craigs. One good one, and one wrecked one for $10k.

I do like the RC51 but definitely NOT that much...geez. I went with a friend several months ago to look at two bikes...a very nice condition RC51 and a cherry customized 05 Speed Triple. Liked both but he bought the Triple.