Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Reda Gas Can (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19060)

Gas Man 05-04-2011 01:31 PM

Reda Gas Can

My bud, Caveman, bought one for him and one for me.

Reda Gas Can
http://www.redagascan.com/

It's super cool. Built really durable, compact size, fits perfectly in my HD saddle bag, holds 1 gallon of gas, and won't spill when you pour it.

The nozzle has a valve in it. Once you flip the can upside down and place the nozzle into your filler neck, you place it into the groves to hold it in place, then push down on the neck. This opens the butterfly valve at the base (green) of the nozzle releasing the petro.

Very cool and will use it on my road trips. Just in case.

Particle Man 05-04-2011 03:05 PM

cool - I'm more of a fan of MSR but this is pretty neat

marko138 05-04-2011 03:11 PM

What's the point of this? Your Caddy holds like 13 gallons anyway...thats not enough to get you to the next gas station?

Trip 05-04-2011 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 468031)
What's the point of this? Your Caddy holds like 13 gallons anyway...thats not enough to get you to the next gas station?

This lets them take more breaks at bars instead of gas stations.

marko138 05-04-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 468032)

I see.

Particle Man 05-04-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 468032)

Then you'd need another one once you break the seal...

Trip 05-04-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 468039)
Then you'd need another one once you break the seal...

That one would also doubles as a KY dispenser for those lonely nights on the road.

Particle Man 05-04-2011 03:53 PM

Thought Harleys leak enough to already satisfy that need...

tommymac 05-04-2011 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 468042)
Thought Harleys leak enough to already satisfy that need...

They fixed that problem lol

derf 05-04-2011 05:58 PM

Wow, this thread went to shit and we are still on page 1.

That gas can seems like a neat idea for a niche product, its still pretty cool in its design, but I would worry about any vapors that could leak (even if the company says its leak proof). I Think there are better options out there, but this one is cool

Gas Man 05-04-2011 10:58 PM

I'm telling you it's a real nice can. I'm not sure if it's needed, for the reason like Marko says... my bike holds 6 gallons and will go 175-225 per tank. But it fits nicely.

Niche market? It's HD, it's not exactly a small market. Especially with the bagger craze.

Trip 05-04-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 468098)
Niche market? It's HD, it's not exactly a small market. Especially with the bagger craze.

Yeah, but how many baggers go to far off crazy places that need extra tanks? There is a reason adv/DS bikes carry em. Because we go off road away from civilization. You guys ride highways. Needing extra fuel for a bagger is a niche market.

Porkchop 05-04-2011 11:08 PM

I have something very similar to that, that I borrowed from a friend and never returned it. :lol: Once its flipped upside down, you twist the nozzle to unlock it, and then pull up toward you to open the valve. 1 gallon too.

101lifts2 05-05-2011 01:19 AM

Every f-in gas can in CA has the same mechanism as that can. When you dispense the fuel, it sprays all over the place unless you put the nozzle all the way in the tank. It was designed so the can was only exposed to the atmosphere when the spring portion was pushed down. Good intention, but a PITA to use.

I can buy a can like this in CA for 6 bucks at Walmart, but probably not the exact dimensions listed.

derf 05-05-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 468098)

Totally a niche market. Really, how many Harleys (even baggers) go further than a poker run or the local bar? Out of those, how many go for multi day multi state trips? And out of those how many go on trips where they need to go further than their bike will take will take them between gas stops?

Even you aren't going anywhere that you wont see a gas station every 25 miles on this trip.

I reiterate my point, its a niche market

wildchild 05-05-2011 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 468058)
Wow, this thread went to shit and we are still on page 1.

That gas can seems like a neat idea for a niche product, its still pretty cool in its design, but I would worry about any vapors that could leak (even if the company says its leak proof). I Think there are better options out there, but this one is cool

actually their ad says leak proof and vapor proof. will be interesting to get his review of it once he uses it.
i probably wouldn't use it on a motorcycle but could be interesting for the quads.

azoomm 05-05-2011 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 468136)
Totally a niche market. Really, how many Harleys (even baggers) go further than a poker run or the local bar? Out of those, how many go for multi day multi state trips? And out of those how many go on trips where they need to go further than their bike will take will take them between gas stops?

Even you aren't going anywhere that you wont see a gas station every 25 miles on this trip.

Hate to tell you, but on roadtrips there are more Harley's distance riding than anything else... seriously.

Trip 05-05-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 468144)
Hate to tell you, but on roadtrips there are more Harley's distance riding than anything else... seriously.

And how many of those need extra tanks though? None

azoomm 05-05-2011 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 468145)
And how many of those need extra tanks though? None

Only the ones that forget to stop. :lol:

Particle Man 05-05-2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

That's inertia rather than rider choice - all that chrome is hard to stop

:lol:

Gas Man 05-05-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 468101)
Yeah, but how many baggers go to far off crazy places that need extra tanks? There is a reason adv/DS bikes carry em. Because we go off road away from civilization. You guys ride highways. Needing extra fuel for a bagger is a niche market.

None but I there are still more of them with ideas and money than you may realize.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 468102)
I have something very similar to that, that I borrowed from a friend and never returned it. :lol: Once its flipped upside down, you twist the nozzle to unlock it, and then pull up toward you to open the valve. 1 gallon too.

That's how it seems to work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 468136)

Well at least 2. Cave & I.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildchild (Post 468141)
actually their ad says leak proof and vapor proof. will be interesting to get his review of it once he uses it.
i probably wouldn't use it on a motorcycle but could be interesting for the quads.

I will let you know, even if I fill it and only test it.

Quote:

We'll never convince these boys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 468146)
Only the ones that forget to stop. :lol:

True or THINK they can make it to the next one.

azoomm 05-05-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 468166)
True or THINK they can make it to the next one.

I can assure you this much. Running out of gas, if it happens, only happens once in someones lifetime. Pushing a bike sucks.

wildchild 05-05-2011 12:46 PM

LOL I coasted into a station once. I miss the old days of reserve. motor quits flip to reserve find fuel. easy system.

now days light comes on, eh, just means we're getting close, wonder how far I could go? hmmm light is really flashing now, wonder if it has another flash mode that is after this? CRAP nope that was the last flash setting LOL

mine even has a range thing on it now, I can tell you it is pretty damn close to right. LOL some people are slow learners.

Only time I've actually had to push one though was when I got caught w/o a license and he let me push it home. Old Hondas are heavy as hell!!! wasn't riding when he pulled up so I told him I had pushed it there to fuel up, girl in gas station was a friend and vouched for me that it was true. seriously I think he had the last laugh as he followed me 3 miles home.

derf 05-05-2011 01:10 PM

Quote:

My point was, how many harleys are taken into areas that dont see a gas station for 200 miles? That number is probably very few.

azoomm 05-05-2011 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 468230)
My point was, how many harleys are taken into areas that dont see a gas station for 200 miles? That number is probably very few.

You have clearly never ridden through Kansas...

But, I do understand what you're saying.

derf 05-05-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 468231)
You have clearly never ridden through Kansas...

what is kansas? Is that a first? It sounds like a crappy place people hope never to get caught

marko138 05-05-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 468243)
what is kansas? Is that a first? It sounds like a crappy place people hope never to get caught

I've never been there...but seems accurate.

Porkchop 05-05-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildchild (Post 468221)
LOL I coasted into a station once. I miss the old days of reserve. motor quits flip to reserve find fuel. easy system.

now days light comes on, eh, just means we're getting close, wonder how far I could go? hmmm light is really flashing now, wonder if it has another flash mode that is after this? CRAP nope that was the last flash setting LOL

mine even has a range thing on it now, I can tell you it is pretty damn close to right. LOL some people are slow learners.

Only time I've actually had to push one though was when I got caught w/o a license and he let me push it home. Old Hondas are heavy as hell!!! wasn't riding when he pulled up so I told him I had pushed it there to fuel up, girl in gas station was a friend and vouched for me that it was true. seriously I think he had the last laugh as he followed me 3 miles home.

Fuck flipping to reserve. I hate that shit.

When I had carb problems last year before I found a vacuum screw was missing.... the bike died about 1.5 miles from my house in my neighborhood. I ran the battery down trying to start it, so I said fuck it, and pushed it uphill all the way home. :bash:

azoomm 05-05-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 468243)

:lol: believe it or not, there are parts of this country where you can drive for 200miles and not see a gas station.

How is it a bad thing to be prepared?

Mudpuppy 05-05-2011 03:58 PM

you huffing gas again chris?

derf 05-05-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 468261)
:lol: believe it or not, there are parts of this country where you can drive for 200miles and not see a gas station.

Its not, I don't think its a bad product, but I'm sceptics about its claim that ut doesn't emit vapors. Gas naturally gives off vapors, that's why gas cans expand when its filled. Add the fact that it is inside of a probably black saddle bag which is an oven in the summer, I just don't see how it won't leak some gas vapors.

I'm interested to see how it works out, so yes, please keep me informed. I'm just a negative minded person, and expect it to leak, possibly not during the first use, but eventually.

azoomm 05-05-2011 04:46 PM

Gotcha. So, you might be a Jew if....

derf 05-05-2011 04:56 PM

Exactly, every gas can/tank/container I've ever used was vented, this one is not, makes me wonder.

Plus the picture of it in the can am is kinda rediculouse

marko138 05-05-2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 468284)
Exactly, every gas can/tank/container I've ever used was vented, this one is not, makes me wonder.

Plus the picture of it in the can am is kinda rediculouse

I have one with the same nozzle. It was blown up like a balloon after sitting in my shed for a while. This one will too, I'm confident.

Gas Man 05-05-2011 11:10 PM

Well it's full and in my side bag right now. We'll see. I kept checking on it when we stopped today.

Fleck750 05-05-2011 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 468261)

There are more gas stations KS than there are in west TX. Sign on the road even says, "last gas for 100 miles". :poke:

And what's with the KS bashing? There isn't jack shit in Iowa or Nebraska and nobody mentions them. :bonk:

derf 05-05-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleck750 (Post 468354)
There are more gas stations KS than there are in west TX. Sign on the road even says, "last gas for 100 miles". :poke:

And what's with the KS bashing? There isn't jack shit in Iowa or Nebraska and nobody mentions them. :bonk:

These so little shit in those states that we dont have anything to talk about

Fleck750 05-05-2011 11:56 PM

Point taken. I'm not here for long, a transfer to TX or FL will made in a few years. Screw this flat wasteland, I need either warmth or some curves.

101lifts2 05-06-2011 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleck750 (Post 468354)

Yeah..Nebraska is the boring ass shit. No gas stations for a 100 miles easy.

Gas Man 05-11-2011 11:19 PM

Tucked into it's place
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...TE0OC5qcGc.jpg

Dispensing position
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...TE0Ni5qcGc.jpg

While I dispensed it in the garage just to simply empty it till the next road trip. It worked as advertised. Very well!

tommymac 05-12-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 469361)
Tucked into it's place
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...TE0OC5qcGc.jpg

Dispensing position
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l3...TE0Ni5qcGc.jpg

While I dispensed it in the garage just to simply empty it till the next road trip. It worked as advertised. Very well!

I think we need to see how it holds up over time.

Gas Man 05-12-2011 08:35 PM

Perhaps, but right now it's sittin in the garage airing/drying out.

OneSickPsycho 05-13-2011 08:48 AM

I'd worry about the lack of venting... I got a cool gas can from Lowes along with a replacement spout for an old can... They have a little lever for 'pour' and 'store'... when you switch to pour, you press down on the backside of the cap and it pours, then when you release the lever it clicks back into 'store'... however... in store mode it doesn't vent. One day after mowing the grass I came back into the garage to find my gas can all swollen and wobbly... I had to manually vent it. It was sitting near the garage door and in the sun, but on a hot day in those saddle bags, I'd worry about the same effect.

Mudpuppy 05-19-2011 09:37 AM

good point osp..

marko138 05-19-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 469624)
I'd worry about the lack of venting... I got a cool gas can from Lowes along with a replacement spout for an old can... They have a little lever for 'pour' and 'store'... when you switch to pour, you press down on the backside of the cap and it pours, then when you release the lever it clicks back into 'store'... however... in store mode it doesn't vent. One day after mowing the grass I came back into the garage to find my gas can all swollen and wobbly... I had to manually vent it. It was sitting near the garage door and in the sun, but on a hot day in those saddle bags, I'd worry about the same effect.

You're spot on. I have a can with the same style spout. Bitch was all blown out and wobbly too.

OneSickPsycho 05-19-2011 10:04 AM

A very light duty pressure release valve would cure all that ails... but then you'd run the risk of the thing spewing gas all over the inside of your saddlebag I guess...

Mudpuppy 05-19-2011 03:44 PM

better than the pool of man butter already in there from chris