Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   frack! (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20795)

RACER X 01-03-2012 09:27 AM

frack!

had to hobble the last mile or so to work on a rear flat.

now stuck here.

wish i had a trailer hitch on either car.....grrr

Trip 01-03-2012 09:53 AM

plug it and get a compressor.

askmrjesus 01-03-2012 10:14 AM

Call the fire department.

JC

shmike 01-03-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 503256)
Call the fire department.

JC

They're busy watching trailers burn.

RACER X 01-03-2012 11:35 AM

guy has a truck and he'll help
another has tie downs i can use

shop i want to goto is not convenient w/ other peoples cars, or i can handle bus. on fri (i'm off) and is reasonably priced @ $200+ labor for a mich. Pilot Road 3

the official aprilia dealer who i've never used wants $280 for the same tire + labor, and they're just down the ways.....grr...

and my next dr neighbor works at my co. so i have rides back-n-forth if need be.

anybody ever use pirelli angel's ?

azoomm 01-03-2012 11:49 AM

How far away from Andy are you?

askmrjesus 01-03-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 503257)

:lol:

JC

RACER X 01-03-2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 503263)
How far away from Andy are you?

not far, but he's been awful pomus lately, kinda steered away from him as a of late.

he's got a conti something S/T tire.

pauldun170 01-03-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 503262)

shop i want to goto is not convenient w/ other peoples cars, or i can handle bus. on fri (i'm off) and is reasonably priced @ $200+ labor for a mich. Pilot Road 3

the official aprilia dealer who i've never used wants $280 for the same tire + labor, and they're just down the ways.....grr...

and my next dr neighbor works at my co. so i have rides back-n-forth if need be.

Damn...might want to carry a roadside repair kit with you from now on.
Cheap and fits under the seat.

good luck getting everything taken care of.

tommymac 01-03-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 503266)
Damn...might want to carry a roadside repair kit with you from now on.
Cheap and fits under the seat.

good luck getting everything taken care of.

There you go again using logic and common sense. If that were the case this thread would cease to exsist :lol:

Homeslice 01-03-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 503257)

Or unlocking doors cuz people locked their keys inside...

RACER X 01-03-2012 01:04 PM

somebody left me a can of fix a flat, i don't plan to use it though. i did go out at lunch and found a stick dead center in the tread of the tire. which i think is the culprit.

think i'll come back up tonight and patch it till i can get it better inspected of fri.

irony is that last fri at autozone i noticed an HD and i commented on his rear tire being bald. he was a new rider and said the rear only had 1000mi on it...

then sat. i saw an elder couple at the gas station having troubles w/ changing a tire so i threw down and changed it for them

now it's my turn and somebody left me a can of fix a flat :)

Homeslice 01-03-2012 01:17 PM

fix a flat sucks, it only takes care of slow leaks, not major punctures

get yourself a repair kit with plugs and a CO2 inflator

RACER X 01-03-2012 01:20 PM

btw, charlie locked all of us out of the house fri, when we were out back building the new trampolene. but we were prepared after aprils locking us out.......lol

it would take a huge CO2 cartridge to blow up a motorcycle tire.

Sixxxxer 01-03-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 503270)
fix a flat sucks, it only takes care of slow leaks, not major punctures

get yourself a repair kit with plugs and a CO2 inflator

When I worked for goodyear, that shit was HORRIBLE. It may come out foamy but it turns to liquid and smells horrid. We would ask people before we took the tire off and 90% of them said there wasn't any fix a flat in the tire then BOOM it's all over my work shirt.

I LOATHE that shit.

RACER X 01-03-2012 01:22 PM

yup, hated it when i worked at NTW (now NTB)

Sean 01-03-2012 01:24 PM

Skip the fix-a-flat it fugs everything up. Makes it a royal pain to change the tire.

tommymac 01-03-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 503272)
btw, charlie locked all of us out of the house fri, when we were out back building the new trampolene. but we were prepared after aprils locking us out.......lol

it would take a huge CO2 cartridge to blow up a motorcycle tire.

most kits come with 3 or 4 co2 cartriges and that will give you enough air to get the bike soemwhere.

Homeslice 01-03-2012 01:50 PM

I saw some clown using fix-a-flat when his tire was COMPLETELY flat with the bead separated from the rim (probably because he had kept driving after it went flat). So as he was trying to use that shit, it just escaped and stunk up the area for hours. Wouldn't doubt that shit is toxic.

RACER X 01-03-2012 03:12 PM

got it sorted out.

buddy is sales mgr at honda/zuki/HD shop

got my 190/55/17 mich PR3 on order for tom.

will pick me and the bike up tom. for a very fair price for labor and transport.

Sixxxxer 01-03-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 503277)
I saw some clown using fix-a-flat when his tire was COMPLETELY flat with the bead separated from the rim (probably because he had kept driving after it went flat). So as he was trying to use that shit, it just escaped and stunk up the area for hours. Wouldn't doubt that shit is toxic.

You'd be surprised what people think you can "Patch" when a tire comes in flat. Guy came in with a Brake pad INSIDE the tire and the hole through the sidewall...Needless to say, he bought a new tire.

Homeslice 01-03-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 503287)
You'd be surprised what people think you can "Patch" when a tire comes in flat. Guy came in with a Brake pad INSIDE the tire and the hole through the sidewall...Needless to say, he bought a new tire.

How the hell does a brake pad get inside a tire?

Particle Man 01-03-2012 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 503288)

Stupidity often defies the laws of physics.

Tsunami 01-03-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 503291)

:lol

Sixxxxer 01-03-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 503288)

Fuck if I know, I asked if he HAD brakes...He was just as shocked as we were. It wasnt off his car though...My guess is it was on the road and he ran over it? But it went through the sidewall so I really have no idea.

We had a bucket of what we found in tires up on the sales desk to "persuade" customers to buy our tire insurance. Anything from the brake pad to huge pieces of metal. There was even a wirebrush from before I worked there...

Trip 01-04-2012 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 503297)
Fuck if I know, I asked if he HAD brakes...He was just as shocked as we were. It wasnt off his car though...My guess is it was on the road and he ran over it? But it went through the sidewall so I really have no idea.

Probably was kicked up by another car or even his own tires and into the sidewall. I tried to fix a flat my mom had and found a similar thing on the inside sidewall of one of her rear tires. When I took it to a shop to get a new tire, they said it's common for your own front tires to kick up stuff into the rear.

RACER X 01-04-2012 07:56 AM

well bike survived the night in the parking garage

i left a note w/ donated fix a flat, thanking he person and telling'em i had a tow coming today, can was gone this morn.

RACER X 01-04-2012 09:26 PM

in da road again!

askmrjesus 01-05-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 503414)
in da road again!

Why is it in the road, did you drop it?

JC

fasternyou929 01-05-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 503414)
in da road again!

World's largest speed bump.

derf 01-06-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 503291)

A few years back u helped a got at work change out his tires in his off roading truck, inside each tire was a ratchet strap pulled right around the rim. His explanation was that someone told him that off road ratchet straps can be used to seat a bead and help keep the tire on while inflating it...

Sixxxxer 01-07-2012 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 503526)
A few years back u helped a got at work change out his tires in his off roading truck, inside each tire was a ratchet strap pulled right around the rim. His explanation was that someone told him that off road ratchet straps can be used to seat a bead and help keep the tire on while inflating it...

Makes Sense...If the ratchet strap was around the tire AND the rim.

derf 01-07-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 503557)
Makes Sense...If the ratchet strap was around the tire AND the rim.

Well, he really wanted me to leave the ratchet straps there, so I did, and to this day as far as I know he still has a set of straps snugly holding his 1 piece rim together

askmrjesus 01-08-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 503566)
Well, he really wanted me to leave the ratchet straps there, so I did, and to this day as far as I know he still has a set of straps snugly holding his 1 piece rim together

:lol:

JC

Cutty72 01-10-2012 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RACER X (Post 503262)

Way late in this one, but I have angel's on the 1125.
After the first 1k, the "angel" is completely worn off the rear, but still visible on the front.
Seem to have almost as much stick as the Pilot Powers I was running... don't know if I'll get more miles out of them or not.