Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Touring (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Well it looks like I may be doing a cross country trip (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6336)

thirdgenlxi 02-28-2009 10:29 AM

Well it looks like I may be doing a cross country trip

And it's gonna be freakin awesome!!!! :drool: Seriously though..... been giving this alot of thought lately and I think I'm gonna do it. It won't be until April of next year, but that gives me lots of time to thouroughly plan it out and make it a kick ass trip.

Anyways.... next year is my aunt and uncles 40th wedding anniversary, so they're throwing a lil party and the whole family is going. They live in Tucson, Arizona.... I'm in north Georgia near Atlanta. Since I've been wanting to get out west on my bike for some time now, I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to do it. I'll head out there and go to the party, then continue on the rest of my journey from there. I want to hit up alot of places.... Grand Canyon, Pacific Coast Hwy in Cali, Vegas, Hoover Dam, Monument Valley Utah (where Forrest Gump decided to stop runn-in), Pikes Peak and all over Colorado, etc... just to name a few. It'll be one of my biggest roadtrips yet! :rockwoot:

That's the tentative plan at least..... I've got a lil over a year so I'm gonna plan everything out ahead of time. It'll probably be about 3 weeks long or so. I joined up on some local regional forums for out that way as well, hoping to meet up with some locals that might be able to show me around the area a lil bit. Also want to try and meet up wiith some of you guys along the way, plus I'll need to borrow a couch for a night here and there too

I'll keep y'all updated as the plans progress :dthumb: And anybody that wants to meet up... speak up! I'll be travelling mostly along the southern part of the US (LA, AR, TX, NM, OK, etc)

Mr Lefty 02-28-2009 10:34 AM

I'm in biloxi.. MS down to meet up and you can crash at my place if ya need

Ninjakel 02-28-2009 11:08 AM

That's awesome Jared. Good luck!!!

rogue 02-28-2009 11:28 PM

I'm in LA! :D North part of the state...and that's nowhere NEAR New Orleans. :lol:

Leon 03-03-2009 01:45 PM

We're in south fl. You've got a couch if you need it. :whistle:

R6Chick 03-03-2009 02:33 PM

By April of next year I'll be in Phoenix and will have a garage, let me know!

Gas Man 03-04-2009 08:32 AM

Obviously michigan sucks and you are staying far away...

SMART!!

Quick281 03-04-2009 09:48 AM

Awesome trip Jarred! I should be doing the same sort of trip in a couple of weeks but it doesn't look like I will be doing it on the bike. I should have the bike in the back of the truck with me so I do expect to unload and tear up some twisties as I travel across the country.

t-homo 03-04-2009 04:21 PM

I'm in SW Missouri. Smiley man is in NW Arkansas. If you get this far north, let us know.

Quick281 03-04-2009 04:43 PM

I should also add that if for what ever odd reason you end up riding to Alaska, I will do my best to accommodate you!

And yes, you are probably the only person I would worry about randomly deciding to ride to Alaska.