Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Touring (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   OK so I'm in TN with no bike (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2197)

R1up0n1 08-12-2008 02:25 AM

OK so I'm in TN with no bike

I'm here on business about to do some work on the Center Hill Dam. It took about 12 freakin hours to get here from PA in the company box truck loaded down with equipment.
I think I passed Trips exit on the way here with all the construction around it.
It's 2:25am my time, but its only 1:25 am here so at least I can gain an hour of sleep.

Gunther1000 08-12-2008 01:16 PM

box truck... tie downs. street bike... I would have made room I think. Or u-haul rentaled a trailer. And claimed it was for "Commuting" to the site.

Trip 08-12-2008 03:31 PM

you over there by drewpy, you didn't pass my exit. I moved and southwest of knoxville

R1up0n1 08-12-2008 07:39 PM

I donno all I know is I came down I-81 pretty much the whole trip, then hit I-40 and passed City of Lenoir. I'm only about 20 miles from Nashville now.
My boss really fucked up our hotel reservations. We should have been a few miles from Center Hill Dam....so they said if worse comes to worse then find a hotel in Lebanon....well my boss thought he got a comfort inn in Lebanon and last night at 1:30 am he said were are we staying...so I told him Sleep inn and its about 50 minutes from the job site.

The shitty thing is the other people are staying in a 3 or 4 story log cabin house fully decked out with the granite counter tops and everything that they rented out for 2 years while this project is going on. Next time I come down here for this job....I staying in the fuckin cabin!

Oh and there was no room in the truck for my bike....we had it fully loaded with control panels and equipment.

Trip 08-12-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R1up0n1 (Post 62999)
I donno all I know is I came down I-81 pretty much the whole trip, then hit I-40 and passed City of Lenoir. I'm only about 20 miles from Nashville now.
My boss really fucked up our hotel reservations. We should have been a few miles from Center Hill Dam....so they said if worse comes to worse then find a hotel in Lebanon....well my boss thought he got a comfort inn in Lebanon and last night at 1:30 am he said were are we staying...so I told him Sleep inn and its about 50 minutes from the job site.

The shitty thing is the other people are staying in a 3 or 4 story log cabin house fully decked out with the granite counter tops and everything that they rented out for 2 years while this project is going on. Next time I come down here for this job....I staying in the fuckin cabin!

Oh and there was no room in the truck for my bike....we had it fully loaded with control panels and equipment.

Yeah, you went the other way on 40, you keep coming down 75 to get to my exit.

R1up0n1 08-12-2008 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 63000)
Yeah, you went the other way on 40, you keep coming down 75 to get to my exit.

oh. I was on I-40 west the whole way. I'm about 20 miles west of Lebonon now.

Trip 08-12-2008 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R1up0n1 (Post 63022)
oh. I was on I-40 west the whole way. I'm about 20 miles west of Lebonon now.

you arent too far from nashville superspeedway

Cutty72 08-12-2008 09:55 PM

sux bro. I didn't get a lot of free time here in UT, but I'm damn glad I spent almost $400 in gas to get my bike here.
Around 700 miles on the bike in the random canyons :dthumb:

R1up0n1 08-12-2008 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 63025)
you arent too far from nashville superspeedway

Yeah I know it. I'm only about 20 miles shy of Nashville.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 63026)
sux bro. I didn't get a lot of free time here in UT, but I'm damn glad I spent almost $400 in gas to get my bike here.
Around 700 miles on the bike in the random canyons :dthumb:

I've been here several times with the bike, but just being here on business and not having my bike here just feels so wrong.
I keep trying to think of a way to get the bike here on the next business trip here, I just don't know how to accomplish that one yet.

dReWpY 08-13-2008 12:52 AM

center hill is like 50 miles from my place