Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Early April cross country jaunt (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21121)

G-Rex 03-23-2012 08:26 AM

Early April cross country jaunt

It's time to do something I've wanted to do for a while.

I've already done a few Iron Butt certified rides, have the certificates and the license plate frames to prove it.

I like challenges. I've ridden in 50 states on motorcycles, 49 of them on my Hayabusa. I've been as far north as you can possible go in the United States. Next challenge please.

Next up is the 50CC. Jacksonville, Florida to San Diego, California in 50 hours or less. I'm anticipating 46 hours with a hotel stop for the night in the middle.

I've equipped the BMW over the winter for serious long distance duty, so it's time to shake her down.

For the bike:

Added highway pegs to the heads (gotta love Boxer motors!)
Cee Bailey windscreen (2.5" longer, moves airflow up away from my helmet)
Hella Micro DE Xenon-HID lamps mounted on RT-P brackets
Smart LED battery charging indicator
Hardwired/mounted heated gear controllers
Hardwired GPS
Accessory 12v socket to glove box for phone/whatever charging

For me:

Warm'n'Safe heated gear
new lid (Schuberth C3)
Sena SMH10 comm system

Somebody is going to say "Why would you do that? Hurry across the country like that. Stop and smell the roses." I've stopped and smelled the roses, and I've seen the country, in greater depths on my motorcycle than probably most on this board. 71,000 miles on my Hayabusa is a testament to that.

This is just something I want to do, I actually have vacation time to kill this year, so it's on.

I depart OKC a week from today for Jacksonville. I'll be sure to post a link to the Spot Tracker if y'all are interested in watching.

tommymac 03-23-2012 08:37 AM

wish i could join you.

Trip 03-23-2012 08:41 AM

Sounds like a good time. I am going for the 1500 in 24 this year. CC doesn't interest me as much, cause I haven't seen the country as much so I want to see it if I am going across it.

derf 03-23-2012 09:00 AM

Spot tracker please

CasterTroy 03-23-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 508912)

Somebody is going to say "Why would you do that?

All the years I've known you, I've never known you to give a crap what anyone else says. No reason to start now :rockwoot:

Sounds like a hoot! Kinda wish I still had a bike to join you

RACER X 03-23-2012 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 508918)
All the years I've known you, I've never known you to give a crap what anyone else says. No reason to start now :rockwoot:

Sounds like a hoot! Kinda wish I still had a bike to join you

right!

keep on keepin on!

happy motoring trace!

Sixxxxer 03-23-2012 05:03 PM

Sucks your no where near the north to do this...I'd tag along for a portion of the ride with you...Enjoy it...(As much as you can)

I'm gonna say 48 hours and 5 mins total!! Lol

Captain Morgan 03-23-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 508916)
Spot tracker please

ditto

tommymac 03-23-2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 508965)
Sucks your no where near the north to do this...I'd tag along for a portion of the ride with you...Enjoy it...(As much as you can)

I'm gonna say 48 hours and 5 mins total!! Lol

I can prety much start a CC 50 ride from my house :)

G-Rex 03-23-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 508968)
I can prety much start a CC 50 ride from my house :)

The distance difference also means that you have to pretty much do it without stopping too. LOL.