Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   My trip aka Spring 2010 ride (now ironbutt) (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=11792)

dReWpY 11-23-2009 12:53 PM

My trip aka Spring 2010 ride (now ironbutt)

1 Attachment(s)
Who's down for another cross country ride this spring?
:?::tremble::whatwhat:

I am starting to plan a trip from TN to Washington State to visit my sister for the first time in... well forever...

I am planning to take this route there...

dReWpY 11-23-2009 12:57 PM

and this way home

edit: my schools internet sucks and its not letting me upload my planned trip home...

Trip 11-23-2009 01:07 PM

Looks like a nice trip, how many days you planning?

Would consider it, but planning another trip that will consist of off road stuff, sorry.

Cutty72 11-23-2009 01:12 PM

you miss ND in that trip... and I won't be home in the spring.

No Worries 11-23-2009 01:13 PM

You could take I-76 to Denver and still avoid Kansas.

Rider 11-23-2009 01:39 PM

Why go through Portland? You would hit better roads if you go through Yakima and Ellensburg,WA. Nothing is twisty though no matter what route you take trough WA.

G-Rex 11-23-2009 02:28 PM

Now that's what I'm talking about! I will caution you, be prepared to gouge your eyes out until you hit Salt Lake City. It will be boring and flat until you get that far.

Otherwise, I would suggest a detour west out of Salt Lake City to see and ride on the Bonneville Salt Flats. For speed freaks/gearheads, it's a spiritual experience. Just be damn sure you hose your bike down really good at the convenience store just off the highway. The water hose is behind the building, north side. :D

dReWpY 11-23-2009 03:46 PM

All notes considered, if anyone is thinking about making a long distance ride next year, feel free to join in , the route back will drop down ca and through bisbee az to the pig trail ar to say finish at deals gap, all I know is eta in washington is july 19th, home on the 25th of. July

dReWpY 11-23-2009 04:20 PM

this is the way back, of course its up to revisions

Mr Lefty 11-23-2009 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Worries (Post 296456)
You could take I-76 to Denver and still avoid Kansas.

I agree... you're missing out not getting into Colorado more. IMO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 296468)
Why go through Portland? You would hit better roads if you go through Yakima and Ellensburg,WA. Nothing is twisty though no matter what route you take trough WA.

I agree again... I love portland... but for riding... going through Walla Walla WA some AWESOME riding... prairie land iwith rolling hills... but wide open land and lots of sweepers with NO traffic ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 296582)
this is the way back, of course its up to revisions

still nothing.