Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Tragic Motorcycle Accident. First of Daytona Bike Week 2012 (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=21069)

Gas Man 03-09-2012 03:58 AM

Tragic Motorcycle Accident. First of Daytona Bike Week 2012

The worst part is the loss of a life. Second is that it goes against our stats that are used against us in wanting more motorcycle only check points and stricter regulations against us. When the reality is that we need more PSA on watching for motorcycles. Further it's another reason why we need to test the elderly drivers. People need to understand that driving is a privilage NOT a right.

Quote:

Daytona Bike Week. First Deadly Crash Involves Well Known Members Of The Custom Motorcycle Industry.
Published by Cyril Huze

I am sad to report that Wednesday evening March 7, 2012 around 8.15 pm, Keith and Amber Brinton from Diamond Heads in Las Vegas were involved in an accident in Port-Orange (South Of Daytona Beach) while traveling together northbound on the same motorcycle on Ridgewood Avenue.

They were struck from behind by a Lincoln Expedition SUV operated by a South Daytona 64 old woman. Both Keith and Amber Brinton were thrown from the motorcycle. Amber was pronounced dead at the Halifax Health Hospital. Keith suffered head injuries and a broken collar bone. The crash remains under investigation by the Port Orange Police Department. My personal condolences to their daughter Jennifer Brinton and all the family.

Diamond Heads “The King Of Bling” was invented by Keith Brinton who holds 3 patents regarding “a proven motor heads cooling system that sparkles and shines for a lifetime.” Keith Brinton frequently comments and participates with you in discussions in this news website.

pauldun170 03-09-2012 09:46 AM

Did Amber die of head injuries? (neither were wearing a helmet)

tommymac 03-09-2012 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 507725)

I was going to ask if either were wearing a helmet. Also were they stopped and she plowed into them or they were moving and she hit them.

pauldun170 03-09-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 507736)
I was going to ask if either were wearing a helmet. Also were they stopped and she plowed into them or they were moving and she hit them.

I think it occurred as they approached a traffic light.

tommymac 03-09-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 507740)
I think it occurred as they approached a traffic light.

that would be my thought in which case the driver should get her ass beaten.

Amber Lamps 03-10-2012 08:09 AM

It's tragic but I also have to wonder if they were wearing helmets and if they were on some custom bike that has an obscured tail light. It would be easy for me to jump on the hate wagon since I was nailed back in '02 by a 80 year old man at a light. But quite frankly, and I've done it too, we bikers do sometimes tie our own ropes with some of the customizing we do.

derf 03-10-2012 08:45 AM

I think AL just asked every intelligent question that could be brought up as part of this conversation.

askmrjesus 03-10-2012 10:33 AM

I'd like to know if the 64 year old woman had an eye-glasses restriction on her license, and if so, if she was wearing them at the time of the accident.

Paul, get on that, would you? Thanks.

JC

Gas Man 03-11-2012 10:06 PM

I don't know anything else...

But as tragic as it is, I hate it when riders die for not wearing a helmet. Even though it's not their fault in this case of being rearended.

More info would be nice... I tried to look it up but couldn't find it.

weezer10 03-15-2012 04:21 PM

head injuries

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 507725)

no it was not head injuries