Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Fox News: Worst interview ever... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22403)

fasternyou929 07-29-2013 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 531255)
All education does is making you have...

Quoted for irony. :lol

Trip 07-29-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 531261)
Quoted for irony. :lol

ha ha, I am going to pretend to blame my iphone. When it spell checks me, it does all sorts of weird shit with my fat fingering.

pauldun170 07-29-2013 06:46 PM

Comical interview based on stupid arguments but at least the guy will sell more books from the publicity

Papa_Complex 07-30-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho (Post 531251)
They had his credentials validated within the first two minutes of the interview... the other 8 were ridiculous. I think it's a valid question to take his faith into account, but after hearing his background all I could think was, "ok, so what's the book about?"

I think that it's also a valid question to ask why the commentary that she was quoting, that was negative about his book, only seemed to come from people who support the notion of the death and resurrection, and deification of Christ? How do you call this guy's impartiality into question by bringing up the likes of William Lane Craig?

Fox really should leave the Hannitying to Hannity and O'Brien, as they clearly have no one else who's schooled in ambush journalism.

EpyonXero 07-30-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 531264)
Comical interview based on stupid arguments but at least the guy will sell more books from the publicity

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/30/bu...-on-jesus.html

Trip 07-30-2013 10:14 AM

LOL, he so manipulated Fox News.

Papa_Complex 07-30-2013 10:23 AM

I wouldn't say 'manipulated', so much as 'played.' He just used what he knew that they would do, to generate controversy. 'Manipulated' implies that they did something that they wouldn't normally do :lol:

pauldun170 07-30-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpyonXero (Post 531278)

Quote:

The reaction to the book has spread to Mr. Aslan’s Amazon page: on The Atlantic Wire, Alexander Nazaryan pointed out that browsing through dozens of one-star reviews on Amazon revealed that “plenty of readers of what seems to be a fundamentalist/Evangelical persuasion are furious that a Muslim published a book about Christianity’s origins.”
His family is pretty much secular, not very religious. They just kind of call grandma on the holidays and maybe say they don't like to eat pork because they don't like it.
They moved here during the Iranian revolution and when Aslan turned 15 he announce that he was Evangelical christian to his parents because 15 years olds do the damnedest things when they are trying to fit in at school.

He goes off to Harvard where he discovers that all the Evangelical friends he had at home are morons and decides to go back to celebrating holidays with the family and calling grandma on holidays because they are paying his fucking bills while he is in school.

So in the case of the Amazon reviews, all the Evangelicals are tying to pull a Scientology on the guy.

Trip 07-30-2013 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 531280)
I wouldn't say 'manipulated', so much as 'played.' He just used what he knew that they would do, to generate controversy. 'Manipulated' implies that they did something that they wouldn't normally do :lol:

No, I think it fits with this definition quite perfectly, especially the tool part...

1. handle or control (a tool, mechanism, etc.), typically in a skillful manner.

Papa_Complex 07-30-2013 12:24 PM

Are you manipulating someone if you set a trap, and they walk into it? Nawwww.