Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   You see a beautiful car parked away from all the other vehicles.. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=18063)

Tmall 01-25-2011 11:40 AM

You see a beautiful car parked away from all the other vehicles..

Say it's a nice Vette or Porsche and the owner intentionally parked it away from all of the other cars because they think the car is made of diamonds. Do you intentionally park right next to it?

the chi 01-25-2011 11:42 AM

No, i dont like walking, AND i had a beautiful stang that I always parked way far out and the effer had more dings and dents and impacts than any other vehicle I ever owned. Goddamn assholes. I respect others property, so I'd leave it be.

azoomm 01-25-2011 11:42 AM

No, I park in the handicapped space....

:nee:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 444988)
Say it's a nice Vette or Porsche and the owner intentionally parked it away from all of the other cars because they think the car is made of diamonds. Do you intentionally park right next to it?

He's made a value judgment that the extra few steps are worth a little extra safety to better protect something he values. You wanna fuck with that? Why? Jealousy? I don't understand.

tommymac 01-25-2011 11:47 AM

If they block 2 spots but its far away, I can respect that. Do it up close in a crowded lot things wont end as well for them.

my car gets dinged, hit/backed into all the time at work, bu its in a shit neighborhood and a lot of people have no respect for other peoples stuff, thats why I iwl never own a nice car while I work there ;)

LeeNetworX 01-25-2011 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 444996)
If they block 2 spots but its far away, I can respect that. Do it up close in a crowded lot things wont end as well for them.

Agreed. If they take two spots up at the end of the lot, I could care less. Take two spots up close to the storefront(s) and they are just asking for it.

G-Rex 01-25-2011 12:04 PM

I park at the back of the parking lot alot of times.

I don't want my car dinged/paint chipped/etc. People can't even park straight. Do I want kids who don't understand the concept of *don't hit the car next to you* opening their door into my car? No. I paid good money for a nice car, I'd like to keep it that way.

I don't take up 2 spots when I park. I park properly, I just do it out away from everyone else.

It annoys me when out of ALL those spots, someone will park in the spot directly next to me. Leave a damn space. Otherwise, you're missing the whole point.

goof2 01-25-2011 12:05 PM

The "public" in general are assholes. Depending on their thoughtfulness to keep your car free of dents and dings is a loosing proposition. I don't fault someone for recognizing this and taking the steps necessary to keep something they like in good shape.:shrug:

pauldun170 01-25-2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 444990)
No, i dont like walking

With that kind of attitude, you are going to get fat.

the chi 01-25-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 445002)
With that kind of attitude, you are going to get fat.

:rofl: I'm plenty active, no worries, I wont be getting fat anytime soon.

Let me clarify, I dont like walking in parking lots. The longer it takes me to get in and get out, the longer I have to be around crowds of people I dont know and dont want to be around. Therefore, the faster in, the faster out.

Dave 01-25-2011 12:26 PM

If my nice car comes out its rarely left on its own for long

Particle Man 01-25-2011 12:33 PM

No. Why would I? I park where it makes sense to freakin' park. I don't base (this) decision on who it will piss off most. Karma is a bitch.

wildchild 01-25-2011 12:35 PM

i like to park very far away sometimes just to see how many jerks will park next to me. it's funny to me because I drive a Jeep. I don't worry too much about dings, it has nerf bars on so doors tend to hit those first. I love watching the friendlies walk that far though. LOL

as above, the only ones i park next to are the ones that take two spots up front near a store.

Homeslice 01-25-2011 12:35 PM

There are some people who park that way just to call attention to their "sweet" ride. In fact you often notice a few friends parking together like that, taking 2 spaces each, with their front wheels turned the same direction to show off their sweet Z-rated tires and the alleged brotherhood of their "crew". So yes, those people annoy me.

But to be honest, I reserve the most hatred for the "creepers" who sit around wating for a spot close to the store. They could have parked 5 minutes ago, but no, they have to creep around waiting for someone in a close-up spot to leave.

shmike 01-25-2011 12:37 PM

Nice cars are more common that shitty cars around here.

I won't go out of my way to park next to them but I won't go out of my way to avoid them.

I will say, I have been shocked at how carelessly some people (women) will park their $100k+ or $200k+ cars.

LeeNetworX 01-25-2011 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 445016)
I will say, I have been shocked at how carelessly some people (women) will park their $100k+ or $200k+ cars.

http://bblmedia.com/women_parking.gif

G-Rex 01-25-2011 12:44 PM

Lee, you always find the best gifs! :lol

Amber Lamps 01-25-2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 445012)
No. Why would I? I park where it makes sense to freakin' park. I don't base (this) decision on who it will piss off most. Karma is a bitch.

This. Who cares where other people park?:idk: FWIW I try and park next to landscaping so only one side of my car is exposed.

Dave 01-25-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 445016)
Nice cars are more common that shitty cars around here.

I won't go out of my way to park next to them but I won't go out of my way to avoid them.

Eh what's a few more bj's here and there?

MILK 01-25-2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 444996)
Do it up close in a crowded lot things wont end as well for them.

;)

I delight in parking my 8 yr old Camry right on top of these jerks! :lol: the closer the better, just did it to a guy at my dads church a few weeks ago. It's even more fun when I get to see them getting in their car! :).

Dave 01-25-2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MILK (Post 445023)
I delight in parking my 8 yr old Camry right on top of these jerks! :lol: the closer the better, just did it to a guy at my dads church a few weeks ago. It's even more fun when I get to see them getting in their car! :).

This thread is inspiring me to start keeping a box of screws in the nsx

LeeNetworX 01-25-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Isn't it ironic....doncha think?

:lol

shmike 01-25-2011 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 445024)

Right?

Someone is a jerk for trying to protect their investment? :scratch:

azoomm 01-25-2011 12:52 PM

We do have a guy that does it with a relatively new Aston Martin. Funny part, the wheels are all gouged to hell. No door dings tho :lol:

tommymac 01-25-2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

You have an NSX? very nice, must see soem pics.

MILK 01-25-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

See the answer is not to park like an asshole and you won't have any issues. ;). But if it's a close spot and the lots full I am very good at wedging my car in tight spots. If there's room I'm parking. .)

I keep a metal baseball bat in mine. ;)

Particle Man 01-25-2011 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 445027)
We do have a guy that does it with a relatively new Aston Martin. Funny part, the wheels are all gouged to hell. No door dings tho :lol:

Wonder how much of that is inability to parallel park near granite curbs :lol:

MILK 01-25-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 445026)
Right?

If they want to park out and away from other cars, have at it! I think thats a smart thing to do. ;). It's the ones that hog near the entrance that tick me off. Hence my initial reply to a particular quote concerning that.

MILK 01-25-2011 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeNetworX (Post 445025)
Isn't it ironic....doncha think?

:lol

Yes! :lol: Very small church, last spot in the entire lot. My step mom and son had to get out first before I crammed my car in there. My response to his dirty look was a HUGE grin and very direct eye contact. :lmao:

Trip 01-25-2011 01:11 PM

I am guilty of parking next to nice cars. It was fun when I had the POS honda. Freak those bastards out. I normally park in the back of the lot anyway because I would rather walk than try to find a spot up close. It really pisses me off when my wife spends 5 mins looking for a spot when she could of just parked in the back and already been in the store 4 mins ago.

With the civic, if someone took two spots closer or in a full lot. I would park close enough to where they couldn't open their door without hitting my car and they couldn't get in on the driver's side. I didn't care if it got a ding. I already had 1000. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 444992)
No, I park in the handicapped space....

Do handicapped people make handicapped faces at you?

defector 01-25-2011 01:13 PM

I don't think it matters much. I have had a couple of vehicles hit no matter where they were parked.
The worst was my Olds. 2 weeks removed from a full frame off resto it was hit (as in caved the door in), about 100 yards from the front door. Parked in a single space, well away from most of the other cars.
Almost 20 years has gone by and it still burns my ass a bit.

pauldun170 01-25-2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

:rockwoot:

pauldun170 01-25-2011 01:16 PM

From tags
"obvioushomesliceisobvious"

:lol:

azoomm 01-25-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 445033)
Wonder how much of that is inability to parallel park near granite curbs :lol:

I'm thinking curb strikes while driving...

You know, I noticed while in Minnesota for Christmas last year, our parking spaces are larger here. Maybe it's the average number of trucks and larger vehicles...

I love shoe-horning my truck into tight spaces. They aren't going to ding me - their doors can't reach. Hell, I'm not going to ding them either as my door is over their window :lol: I watched a mom get into her minivan from the back sliding door one day, I applauded.

If I park in the back of the lot, it's to get the hell away from people. Or, it's to just park because there are too many of the creepers waiting for a front spot. I won't lie, it does bother me when someone parks around me with their hoopty when I "plant a parking seed" away from everyone else. I don't take more than my own space though...

t-homo 01-25-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 445043)
I'm thinking curb strikes while driving...

You know, I noticed while in Minnesota for Christmas last year, our parking spaces are larger here. Maybe it's the average number of trucks and larger vehicles...

I love shoe-horning my truck into tight spaces. They aren't going to ding me - their doors can't reach. Hell, I'm not going to ding them either as my door is over their window :lol: I watched a mom get into her minivan from the back sliding door one day, I applauded.

If I park in the back of the lot, it's to get the hell away from people. Or, it's to just park because there are too many of the creepers waiting for a front spot. I won't lie, it does bother me when someone parks around me with their hoopty when I "plant a parking seed" away from everyone else. I don't take more than my own space though...

How fucking self righteous can you be? I would be disgusted with myself/anyone else if I saw that happen.

Dave 01-25-2011 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 445028)
You have an NSX? very nice, must see soem pics.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...0209081627.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...0GBsguJ_fs.jpg

It might be for sale. I haven't quite decided yet :lol:

Tmall 01-25-2011 01:45 PM

Loving the responses and how much people read into things..

Papa_Complex 01-25-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 444988)

No, I tell AMJ that there's a parking spot "over there."

tommymac 01-25-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 445050)

dont tempt me, I cant afford it and prolly cant fit in it anyway :lol:

Dave 01-25-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 445053)
dont tempt me, I cant afford it and prolly cant fit in it anyway :lol:

Its surprising how much space it has, I'm approx 73' inches and fit fine with a hat. Track helmet I bump my head a lot :lol:

AquaPython 01-25-2011 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 444992)
No, I park in the handicapped spaces....

while handicapped people
make handicapped faces?

Dave 01-25-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaPython (Post 445063)
while handicapped people
make handicapped faces?

This joke was already made ulysses s unoriginalson

Kaneman 01-25-2011 02:55 PM

When I was drivnig brand new Mercedes Benz vehicles I would park them at the back of the lot. Sometimes some insecure jealous cocksucker would think its funny to come park next to me, and I got tired of it. So I started hiding under my car and when they would park next to me and get out I'd slash their Achlilles' tendon, handcuff them, park my Benz on their leg and fuck their sister in front of them.

So much fun.

Tmall 01-25-2011 03:03 PM

I like how it even crosses some people's minds that somebody else would be jealous over their vehicle choice. Are people really THAT full of themselves?

the chi 01-25-2011 03:09 PM

Do you think people actually damage other peoples vehicles because it's jealousy?

I'm honestly curious on this one. Why would you go to the trouble of harassing someone who is parked normally, just far out to avoid accidents?

Papa_Complex 01-25-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 445074)
Do you think people actually damage other peoples vehicles because it's jealousy?

I'm honestly curious on this one. Why would you go to the trouble of harassing someone who is parked normally, just far out to avoid accidents?

Because..... and follow me here, because this is a wild theory that science would never support...... people are assholes.

Trip 01-25-2011 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 445075)
Because..... and follow me here, because this is a wild theory that science would never support...... people are assholes.

This is why I parked next to people parked away from everyone else. Just to piss them off. I didn't care about their car, but I knew they cared about their car enough to avoid others.

Papa_Complex 01-25-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 445076)
This is why I parked next to people parked away from everyone else. Just to piss them off. I didn't care about their car, but I knew they cared about their car enough to avoid others.

I don't park at the edges of parking lots because I love my car. It's because I don't like people.

the chi 01-25-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papa_Complex (Post 445075)

Well, that explains it. :lol:

Quote:

That is so you. *sigh*

Tmall 01-25-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Why is it harassment if I'm using a public lot just like they are. Are they entitled to have a buffer zone because they think their car is better than the rest of the cars in the lot?

I do it for the same reason Trip does it. It makes me laugh a little.

Kaneman 01-25-2011 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 445072)
I like how it even crosses some people's minds that somebody else would be jealous over their vehicle choice. Are people really THAT full of themselves?

Its not a matter of being "full of one's self" more than it is when you drive a car that retails for $60-$80k, and its brand new and all shiny, you know that is the type of car a lot of people wish they could drive. When a lot of people wish they could have something they can't, they get jealous. Its basic human nature.

Quote:

Yes, they absolutely do it out of jealousy. When I worked for Benz it was pretty much a guarantee it was going to get keyed within the first 6 months you had it. We (employees) had a special coverage option to cover jealous assholes keying our cars. And its not like we were out on the town acting like rich pretentious assholes either, most of us made under $35k a year.

Tmall 01-25-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 445026)
Right?

Someone is a jerk for parking next to them?

You guys are actually advocating damaging somebody's vehicle because they parked next to your depreciating asset?

Kaneman 01-25-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 445081)
You guys are actually advocating damaging somebody's vehicle because they parked next to your depreciating asset?

Not their vehicle, their face, their family, their ability to eat through their mouth....those kind of things.

Homeslice 01-25-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 445042)
From tags
"obvioushomesliceisobvious"

:lol:

Can't be owned if I don't know what that's supposed to mean

Homeslice 01-25-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Exactly. It isn't jealousy, it's more like fucking w/people for being such aloof fucktards that they actually think their car is "the shit". Often times it's just a 15 year old Acura Legend or something like that. :lol:

And like I said before, I know for a fact some people park back there to get noticed......Not to protect it.

shmike 01-25-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 445081)
Someone is a jerk for parking next to them?

If they intentionally park closer than is necessary, just because they parked at the end of the lot? Yes, that is a dick move.*

Who guys? I never advocated any damage.

*I know (now) that MILK was referring to double parkers, I originally read it as anyone who would dare park far away.

CasterTroy 01-25-2011 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 444999)
I paid good money for a nice car, I'd like to keep it that way.

Sweet :rockwoot: so you DID get rid of that POS vette and get a NICE car?

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 445043)
our parking spaces are larger here. .

Everything is bigger in Texas....especially the assholes :lol:

J/K :nee:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 445072)
Are people really THAT full of themselves?

Never been on facebook have you :idk:

Personally it doesn't bother me. I don't care what other people think of themselves OR me. But I anticipate them being an asshole regardless. So I try to stay under the radar or the dickheads.

I don't have any "nice" cars, but what I DO have I just park the best I can and try to avoid the crooked cars and parking next to the obvious "I either don't have insurance" cars or the "this car's old enough that I don't give a fuck" vehicles.

the chi 01-25-2011 03:46 PM

BUt you dont know those people, you dont know what that car means to them, you dont know what they did to get it.

How do you know they didnt scrimp and save for 20 years to get that car? Or that it was a gift or special treasure from someone? Why would they be assholes for wanting to do what they can to keep their treasure safe?

My mustang wasnt fancy, it wasnt all decked out, but it was MY baby, and one of my dream cars and I loved it. And the fact that jerks would intentionally go out of their way to damage a car that didnt belong to them, nor did they know who I was or what the car was to me is infuriating. Anyone has the right to park out in the back 40 to protect whats important to them, NO ONE has the right to damage it. It's not any different than seeing Trips beemer out in the parking lot and pushing it over just because I dont like it or wish I had one.

tommymac 01-25-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 445088)
BUt you dont know those people, you dont know what that car means to them, you dont know what they did to get it.

How do you know they didnt scrimp and save for 20 years to get that car? Or that it was a gift or special treasure from someone? Why would they be assholes for wanting to do what they can to keep their treasure safe?

My mustang wasnt fancy, it wasnt all decked out, but it was MY baby, and one of my dream cars and I loved it. And the fact that jerks would intentionally go out of their way to damage a car that didnt belong to them, nor did they know who I was or what the car was to me is infuriating. Anyone has the right to park out in the back 40 to protect whats important to them, NO ONE has the right to damage it. It's not any different than seeing Trips beemer out in the parking lot and pushing it over just because I dont like it or wish I had one.

but if you know its trip then its ok to push it over :lol:

defector 01-25-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 445088)
It's not any different than seeing Trips beemer out in the parking lot and pushing it over just because I dont like it or wish I had one.

I disagree. Not personally knowing him, but making a judgement call based on his internet postings, I think it is acceptable.

azoomm 01-25-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-homo (Post 445045)
How fucking self righteous can you be? I would be disgusted with myself/anyone else if I saw that happen.

What? Rather than ding the vehicle next to her.... she went in through a door that slides.

the chi 01-25-2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 445090)
but if you know its trip then its ok to push it over :lol:

True.

Quote:

Originally Posted by defector (Post 445092)
I disagree. Not personally knowing him, but making a judgement call based on his internet postings, I think it is acceptable.

And true. But it was more for example's sake. I could have used Azoom and one of her Ducati's or something, same difference. :lol:

Trip 01-25-2011 04:22 PM

How is parking next to someone the same as knocking their bike over?

the chi 01-25-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 445096)
How is parking next to someone the same as knocking their bike over?

Parking next to someone with the intent of either intentionally or unintentionally damaging their vehicle. Like previously mentioned, parking so close they are forced to touch your vehicle to get into their own, etc. You may not like the analogy, but morally it's the same thing.

Parking next to them just to irritate but not actually interfering with their vehicle is not the same thing obviously.

tommymac 01-25-2011 04:27 PM

Fred has no morrals, dont you remember hes a jew.

z06boy 01-25-2011 04:38 PM

I don't usually pay attention to where other people park unless they are in a no parking spot/zone or a handicap and aren't handicapped or take up two spaces as mentioned...hate all of that. :wtfru:

I park all of my vehicles out away from azzhats that don't care about their car. :idk:

I don't take up two spots...I park normal but out from most of the others. I don't have any door dings and don't like them. When I traded my 1999 Jeep Cherokee with 150k+ miles in last year...guess what...no dings.

If I would come out and someone thinking they are funny has decided to park a beat up piece of crap beside me...no biggie...as long as you don't hit my chit. Hit my chit and you better hope your tag doesn't really display where you live...sometimes I may get bored and payback can be a mofo. Happy motoring. :guf:

pauldun170 01-25-2011 04:43 PM

I still love it when people refer to cars as investments.

I don't care if someone wants to park out in the boondocks.
Park it sideways, upside down inside out with hookers on top I don't give a shit.
People like that just seem so insignificant to me.
Like mommy never gave them a hug or something.

z06boy 01-25-2011 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 445100)
I still love it when people refer to cars as investments.

I don't care if someone wants to park out in the boondocks.
Park it sideways, upside down inside out with hookers on top I don't give a shit.
People like that just seem so insignificant to me.
Like mommy never gave them a hug or something.

Because people like nice stuff and want to keep it that way ? Maybe it's different here...don't know but there are a lot of car enthusiast here and plenty of people that like to keep their stuff nice. :idk:

I'm not talking about inconsiderate azzhats that take up two spots and stuff like that either.

Fvck with my chit on purpose and you then become insignificant to me.

Oh and no it's not an 'investment' per say but it's mine so leave it alone.

pauldun170 01-25-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06boy (Post 445102)
Because people like nice stuff and want to keep it that way ? Maybe it's different here...don't know but there are a lot of car enthusiast here and plenty of people that like to keep their stuff nice. :idk:

I'm not talking about inconsiderate azzhats that take up two spots and stuff like that either.

Fvck with my chit on purpose and you then become insignificant to me.

Oh and no it's not an 'investment' per say but it's mine so leave it alone.

What the hell does your post have to do with my post?
My eyes are up here...not down there.
jerk

z06boy 01-25-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 445103)
What the hell does your post have to do with my post?
My eyes are up here...not down there.
jerk

Good...keep them up there...jerk.

Oops...5:00...signing off.

Trip 01-25-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 445097)
Parking next to someone with the intent of either intentionally or unintentionally damaging their vehicle. Like previously mentioned, parking so close they are forced to touch your vehicle to get into their own, etc. You may not like the analogy, but morally it's the same thing.

Parking next to them just to irritate but not actually interfering with their vehicle is not the same thing obviously.

They don't have to damage vehicles if you park close to them, they can straddle across from the passenger side or wait for the person to return that trapped them.

Intentionally damaging a motorcycle /= parking close to someone

You have a fucked up sense of justice if you believe that.

It would be more related to trapping a motorcycling so it couldn't leave the parking lot without rubbing up against the car trapping it.

You are also relating no damage (you can touch paint softly and not leave a mark) vs potentially thousands of dollars in damage.

VatorMan 01-25-2011 05:38 PM

I think it's hilarious that some of you would park beside a car in the back out of spite. However douches that take 2 spots deserve whatever spiteful people dish out. Like AL I try to park with one side to a curb to restrict parking lot asswipes that just want to hassle me.

the chi 01-25-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 445108)
They don't have to damage vehicles if you park close to them, they can straddle across from the passenger side or wait for the person to return that trapped them.

Intentionally damaging a motorcycle /= parking close to someone

You have a fucked up sense of justice if you believe that.

It would be more related to trapping a motorcycling so it couldn't leave the parking lot without rubbing up against the car trapping it.

You are also relating no damage (you can touch paint softly and not leave a mark) vs potentially thousands of dollars in damage.

We aren't on the same page. I'm not saying either one is right, they are both wrong, but you're coming from the "i have a shitty car so I dont give a shit" whereas I'm coming from the "i loved my car and I hate the people who park next to me and hit my fenders with their door" crowd.

Someone pushing your bike over or mine for that matter, is the same thing to me as the assholes who hit my car when I go out of my way to keep it out of their way. I'm not talking about those someone just parking, as I stated earlier, I'm talking about asshats who damage other peoples cars because they can.

If you're (not you, just for example's sake) a douche and park your bike so close to someone else's car they can't get into it, honestly, while it's not right, I can see why they would push your bike over. Why do you have the right to stop them from entering their vehicle in any manner when they aren't interfering with your right to enter or get on yours?

Edit to add: for the argument's sake, I am talking about using only one parking spot, not being a douche and using several to keep people away.

t-homo 01-25-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 445093)
What? Rather than ding the vehicle next to her.... she went in through a door that slides.

No, parking so close that she is forced to do that.

Trip 01-25-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the chi (Post 445112)
Edit to add: for the argument's sake, I am talking about using only one parking spot, not being a douche and using several to keep people away.

If someone is in their spot, I don't do that. I don't do it if they are taking two spots far away. I still park next to them and not in the next stall, just straddle the lane as well. Just give them room to get in and out.

If they take two spots close up, they get fucked with.

I also don't bash my car into theirs or my door. I don't do any damage.

azoomm 01-25-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t-homo (Post 445114)
No, parking so close that she is forced to do that.

:lol: OK... I was within my lines. Straight, square, just like the others around us. She wasn't. And, I'm guessing she did it often enough to know how to get into her vehicle.

Hey, did y'all know up until September of last year no one took a behind the wheel exam in Texas to get a drivers license? It shows.

the chi 01-25-2011 06:38 PM

:lol: So you aren't that big an asshole.

(Like I didnt already know that, but I promise to keep your secert safe. Oh, wait. Oops. )

Tmall 01-25-2011 06:38 PM

Who ever said anything about damaging their vehicle or inconveniencing them? You guys just make shit up as you go?

I just think it's hilarious if somebody is so anal they intentionally park as far as possible away from the common folk. So, I park in the spot next to them so they effectively wasted their time...

the chi 01-25-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 445120)
:lol: OK... I was within my lines. Straight, square, just like the others around us. She wasn't. And, I'm guessing she did it often enough to know how to get into her vehicle.

Hey, did y'all know up until September of last year no one took a behind the wheel exam in Texas to get a drivers license? It shows.

WTF?! I had to take a drivers ed course and pass back in the day...but it got me out of taking the test at the DMV.

Amber Lamps 01-25-2011 06:58 PM

I guess the question for me is why? Why would you go out of your way just to fuck with another human being? Why does it make you happy/smile/fill you with some sense of accomplishment? Like Chi said, you don't know what that person went through to get that car. How hard they worked. So what if they want to try and keep it ding free, what's wrong with that?

I'll tell you guys what, from now on whenever you see a "pimped out", on 26'' rims Escalade/ Impala/ Yukon or other obvious drug dealers/hoodrat's car, parked far from the front door at Walmart. Go ahead and park right up next to it so they can't get back in and have to wait for you. :lol:

askmrjesus 01-25-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 445124)
Why would you go out of your way just to fuck with another human being?

It's cheaper than Bowling, and you can wear your own shoes.

JC

G-Rex 01-25-2011 07:14 PM

This whole thread boils down to one simple thing.

Don't be a douchebag. On both sides of the coin.

'73 H1 Triple 01-25-2011 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 445122)
Who ever said anything about damaging their vehicle or inconveniencing them? You guys just make shit up as you go?

I just think it's hilarious if somebody is so anal they intentionally park as far as possible away from the common folk. So, I park in the spot next to them so they effectively wasted their time...

:gofurslf:
I park way out in the boonies. I do it as a consideration to the other people in the parking lot.

You see, there is a 160 lb dog in the Suburban with me. That kind of un nerves some people when he starts barking when your head is is two feet from the window. :lol:

Just for the record, I park in one spot as straight and centered in the spot as humanly possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 445128)

Exactly :yes:

askmrjesus 01-25-2011 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Rex (Post 445128)

Douchebaggery is exponential in nature.

"He's being a Douche, so I'll be a BIGGER Douche."

The trick is to out douche your opponent, with out looking like a Douche. That said, even if you don't look like a Douche, you may end up feeling a bit douchelike anyway.

If not, you're probably really are Douche, so fuck you.

JC

(that was really fucking deep, I should write that down.)

Homeslice 01-25-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Exactly.

And car club geeks with the name of their "crew" written on their windsheild get fucked with too. I know the only reason they park in the back of the lot is so they can get seen and "get respect"............So I fuck with them by parking my beater next to them. If they get mad and key it, who cares, it needs a paint job anyway. :lol

Tmall 01-25-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

I guess the question for me is why? Why would you go out of your way just to fuck with another human being? Why does it make you happy/smile/fill you with some sense of accomplishment? Like Chi said, you don't know what that person went through to get that car. How hard they worked. So what if they want to try and keep it ding free, what's wrong with that?

I'll tell you guys what, from now on whenever you see a "pimped out", on 26'' rims Escalade/ Impala/ Yukon or other obvious drug dealers/hoodrat's car, parked far from the front door at Walmart. Go ahead and park right up next to it so they can't get back in and have to wait for you. :lol:

The same reason you put all kinds of crap on your cars and bikes, because I like it. :lol

Trip 01-25-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by askmrjesus (Post 445126)
It's cheaper than Bowling, and you can wear your own shoes.

JC

Exactly, I subscribe to an Andy Kaufman philosophy. The audience is myself and the masses are the cast.

Amber Lamps 01-25-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 445133)
The same reason you put all kinds of crap on your cars and bikes, because I like it. :lol

Uhuh...that's a good reason. To each his own then, I guess. I enjoy my "crap" for myself without having to harm or indispose anyone else. You run around being a jerk, just for the fun of it and those two things are the same?

Amber Lamps 01-25-2011 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 445134)
Exactly, I subscribe to an Andy Kaufman philosophy. The audience is myself and the masses are the cast.

Well, hopefully, the "cast" will continue to play by your script. One of these days, some bit player might go all "method" on you and beat your fucking ass into the ground.:wink:

Tmall 01-25-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 445142)
Uhuh...that's a good reason. To each his own then, I guess. I enjoy my "crap" for myself without having to harm or indispose anyone else. You run around being a jerk, just for the fun of it and those two things are the same?

How does parking next to somebody make me a jerk? Please explain..

Amber Lamps 01-25-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 445153)
How does parking next to somebody make me a jerk? Please explain..

Come on...your MOTIVATION makes you a bad person. If you give a child candy hoping they will develop cavities, you are a jerk! If you "innocently" park next to them, then no problem. That's not the case, you are maliciously performing an act to purposefully cause anguish to a fellow human being and that is wrong. Simple, motivation is the key.

Tmall 01-25-2011 10:15 PM

This is how I see your explanation..

Step 1: Steal underpants
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit

I see how you come to your conclusion. But, I think you're missing a couple of steps.

Trip 01-25-2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 445147)
Well, hopefully, the "cast" will continue to play by your script. One of these days, some bit player might go all "method" on you and beat your fucking ass into the ground.:wink:

Wouldn't surprise me. :lol:

I don't do that shit as much anymore, mainly cause I rarely drive (wife drives most of the time) and I just don't like being around people that much anymore.

Amber Lamps 01-25-2011 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 445157)
This is how I see your explanation..

Step 1: Steal underpants
Step 2: ???
Step 3: Profit

I see how you come to your conclusion. But, I think you're missing a couple of steps.

Really?

Step 1: See "nice" car parked on the outskirts of the parking lot.

Step 2: With purpose and malice you park your piece of shit/I don't have enough self-pride to take care of vehicle next to them to make them nervous at the very least.

Step 3: You walk away with a shit eating grin, a screwed up sense of self-satisfaction and a ton of bad karma.

Trip 01-25-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 445160)
a ton of bad karma.

Karma doesn't exist.

Amber Lamps 01-25-2011 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 445162)
Karma doesn't exist.

Okay...

Dave 01-25-2011 11:27 PM

Quote:

Wow. You must have a shitty penis

Amber Lamps 01-26-2011 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 445164)
Wow. You must have a shitty penis

Low self esteem is my guess...possibly brought on by a small dick.:lol: He's the type that has his dog shit on the neighbors lawn that takes extra care of his yard. How dare someone have nice things and want to keep them nice. The nerve!:wink:

CasterTroy 01-26-2011 07:07 AM

Quote:

Why would you go out of your way just to fuck with another human being?

Lack of self worth and self respect = lack of respect for anyone else

I've found that 1/2 the people I've come across have SOME sense of pride and self respect. These are the people that wash their cars, and follow a maint schedule pretty well. These are the people that either never HAD anything, and worked for everything they got, or they never actually had to struggle but their parents made them understand the value of a dollar and that they were to treat their things well so they lasted.
The other 1/2 either never HAD anything, thus didn't CARE and didn’t have parents that gave a shit about them or their possessions, or were given everything so freely that it didn't matter how they treated it....momma and daddy would buy them another one. So why respect anyone else’s crap?

Then….there are the assholes :idk:

Trip 01-26-2011 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 445172)
Low self esteem is my guess...possibly brought on by a small dick.:lol: He's the type that has his dog shit on the neighbors lawn that takes extra care of his yard. How dare someone have nice things and want to keep them nice. The nerve!:wink:

Kinda like what you do on the internet?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasterTroy (Post 445173)
Lack of self worth and self respect = lack of respect for anyone else

I've found that 1/2 the people I've come across have SOME sense of pride and self respect. These are the people that wash their cars, and follow a maint schedule pretty well. These are the people that either never HAD anything, and worked for everything they got, or they never actually had to struggle but their parents made them understand the value of a dollar and that they were to treat their things well so they lasted.
The other 1/2 either never HAD anything, thus didn't CARE and didn’t have parents that gave a shit about them or their possessions, or were given everything so freely that it didn't matter how they treated it....momma and daddy would buy them another one. So why respect anyone else’s crap?

Then….there are the assholes :idk:

Man, it must be nice to paint the entire world with just black and white.