Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Florida Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   help with chief (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7946)

AquaPython 05-05-2009 10:37 AM

help with chief

guys can anyone help me out here?
chief has a bad infection - i believe it to be scale rot, and i need to get rid of her (because of H)
pet stores wont accept her as a donation even because it could threaten there existing stock.
i am not going to pay 65 bucks for a vet when all i need is $10 bottle of antibiotics
is there some animal shelter that will take her? :idk:

Ninjakel 05-05-2009 10:39 AM

call the humane society and ask if they know anyone who can take her.

Poor chiefie

cuttle 05-05-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AquaPython (Post 208695)
i am not going to pay 65 bucks for a vet when all i need is $10 bottle of antibiotics
is there some animal shelter that will take her? :idk:

you can get antibiotics over the counter at Tractor Supply or any other livestock supply store - the trick is to get the right dose/concentration calculated for tiny animals.

If you are going to give her up anyway, just contact a rescue organization.

AquaPython 05-05-2009 11:25 AM

i tried calling places, very little help
i got the human society to offer to put her down :(

Curb 05-05-2009 01:07 PM

dude...lets get her healed up and i'll take her until you can find her a sutable home...but i'm changing her name to Alberta :D

AquaPython 05-05-2009 02:19 PM

cool - dont get the alberta reference though.
im trying to get the guy from underground to check his stock if he has the baytril antibiotic.
i was told its mostly an injection though... i really dont want to have to bring her to a vet.

Curb 05-05-2009 05:23 PM

Alberta is the female incarnate of the UF mascot.

That would be great if he can get the baytril. I remember when I had to take Eden to the vet for that shot...cost me $200 for four rounds of it

LOZ 05-05-2009 06:43 PM

that sucks mike. good luck finding a home. and thats nice of Curb for holding her in the mean time.

fuck putting her down, I would just drive to a heavy wooded area, far away and release her... if it came down to killing her or letting her go. :idk:

best of luck.

Racerboy 05-06-2009 12:45 AM

Mikey, Call the WILD LIFE CARE CENTER. I volunteered there for a few years and they take anything which is NOT a dog or cat. All parrots, shakes, skunks, etc are accepted there. They will nurse it back to health and then find a home for it.

AquaPython 05-06-2009 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curb (Post 209150)
I remember when I had to take Eden to the vet for that shot...cost me $200 for four rounds of it

fuck me!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LOZ (Post 209174)
fuck putting her down, I would just drive to a heavy wooded area, far away and release her... if it came down to killing her or letting her go. :idk:

thats the second time i heard that. i would never do that. totally irresponsible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Racerboy (Post 209295)
Mikey, Call the WILD LIFE CARE CENTER. I volunteered there for a few years and they take anything which is NOT a dog or cat. All parrots, shakes, skunks, etc are accepted there. They will nurse it back to health and then find a home for it.

i may already have called them and been told no. i will double check.