Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Mechanical or Tech (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   SS Brake Lines - Who'da Thunk? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14045)

Particle Man 04-01-2010 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 356243)
Disclaimer: I actually have a set of EBC's on the bike now but I was in a pinch and that was all that was in stock. :o

I think you answered your own question ;)

Amber Lamps 04-01-2010 04:15 PM

Ebc was the best core a long time and they are still considered top drawer.I personality use cl which leaves a residue which causes dumb dumbs to accuse you of having a bad rotor...:lol:

Gas Man 04-01-2010 08:45 PM

Oh yeah SS lines are awesome. Had them on the 9R and the chopper. My ultra has some wierd re-enforced line. Looks kinda like black kevlar, which I'm sure is cause of the ABS.

Riceaholic 04-02-2010 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amber Lamps (Post 356361)
Ebc was the best core a long time and they are still considered top drawer.I personality use cl which leaves a residue which causes dumb dumbs to accuse you of having a bad rotor...:lol:

EBC's are crap for the track or the street as far as longevity goes. The CL's are better but still don't last as long as the OEM's and I couldn't really tell the difference in stopping power or feel on the track...

Homeslice 04-02-2010 05:04 AM

Not to piss on your thread, but I put steel lines on my SV as well as on 2 different cars, and didn't notice a significant difference.

My 05 R6 had the best brakes I've ever owned, and they were totally stock -- stock pads, stock lines.

nhgunnut 04-02-2010 06:55 AM

I don't know what bike your riding, but after lines and pads, You might think first about a radial master cylinder up grade. M Generation 1 Hayabusa brakes were adaquate, did lines better, EBC Pads, a little Better. I was pricing out calipers and mounts when a friend suggested the Brembo Radial Master cylinder up grade. What a huge Difference! and parts were $350

Particle Man 04-02-2010 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhgunnut (Post 356543)
I don't know what bike your riding, but after lines and pads, You might think first about a radial master cylinder up grade. M Generation 1 Hayabusa brakes were adaquate, did lines better, EBC Pads, a little Better. I was pricing out calipers and mounts when a friend suggested the Brembo Radial Master cylinder up grade. What a huge Difference! and parts were $350

was it just a larger master cylinder?

nhgunnut 04-03-2010 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 356606)
was it just a larger master cylinder?

It was larger but the big difference came for the fact that the Gen 1 Busa's had a conventional master Cylinder and the Brembo is Radial Cylinder. A lot of guys with Gen one Busa's are now using B-King Radial Master Cylinders (cheaper I guess) If your Bike is already using a Radial Master Cylinder the benefit may not be there, if you aren't what a Difference!

TommyHotWheel 04-03-2010 02:49 PM

I noticed a huge difference when I put the Galfer braided lines on my TL. I wonder if the radial MC from a B-King will retro to my TL since they share parts with Busas?

tommymac 04-03-2010 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riceaholic (Post 356535)
EBC's are crap for the track or the street as far as longevity goes. The CL's are better but still don't last as long as the OEM's and I couldn't really tell the difference in stopping power or feel on the track...

I guess yo udont like the ebc pros then. A few freinds were suggesting them or one of the versah sp? models but cant remember off the top of my head. I will prolly order a set next week so I cvan get the front end of my gsxr back together.