Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Spoiler...Phillip Island 2008 MotoGP result (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2741)

fnfalman 10-05-2008 01:23 PM

Spoiler...Phillip Island 2008 MotoGP result

1 Stoner
2 Rossi
3Hayden

Stoner took the pole and rocketed away and 6.5 seconds ahead of Rossi when he took the checker flag. Rossi CAME from 14th place. Had he been in second place starting, I doubt that Stoney Boy would have had a chance.

JK 10-05-2008 02:39 PM

PI is such a great track, looks beautiful and makes great racing as well.

good for Nicky getting a podium.

Pedrosa may end up second fiddle in the Repsol pit when Dovi arrives next year- :lol:

Mr Lefty 10-05-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 76551)
1 Stoner
2 Rossi
3Hayden

Stoner took the pole and rocketed away and 6.5 seconds ahead of Rossi when he took the checker flag. Rossi CAME from 14th place. Had he been in second place starting, I doubt that Stoney Boy would have had a chance.

think he started 12th.... from the 4th row... but still bad fucking ass

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK (Post 76561)
PI is such a great track, looks beautiful and makes great racing as well.

good for Nicky getting a podium.

Pedrosa may end up second fiddle in the Repsol pit when Dovi arrives next year- :lol:

I agree on all three accounts... Dovi was impressive this year... Hope he doesn't get screwed like Nicky did

Rider 10-06-2008 08:47 AM

You can tell Nicky was not happy with a 3rd place finish. When he was talking he sounded ok, but his facial expressions when Rossi was stalking told the real story. He was pissed at either his tire brand or tire compound selection, but he said he was happy with them.. Actions speak louder than words Nicky....

fnfalman 10-06-2008 09:51 AM

That was really suck for Nicky Hayden because had the race gone on longer, the other guys would have caught up with him too.

jeeps84 10-06-2008 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 76786)
That was really suck for Nicky Hayden because had the race gone on longer, the other guys would have caught up with him too.

That would have been more the norm

Rider 10-06-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeps84 (Post 76805)
That would have been more the norm

They're called Michelin's.... Go ahead, say it with me Mi...chel...ins... They = teh suck in MotoGP

marko138 10-06-2008 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fnfalman (Post 76786)

Who cares? It didn't and they didn't.

Mr Lefty 10-06-2008 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 76735)
You can tell Nicky was not happy with a 3rd place finish. When he was talking he sounded ok, but his facial expressions when Rossi was stalking told the real story. He was pissed at either his tire brand or tire compound selection, but he said he was happy with them.. Actions speak louder than words Nicky....

ehh I'd have been disappointed too to blow a 6 second lead because your tires suck ass...

fnfalman 10-06-2008 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marko138 (Post 76823)
Who cares? It didn't and they didn't.

I'm sure that Nicky cares. He was a contender for first place. He was right up Stoner's ass all the way until almost the end. You can see his rear tire squirming all over the place whenever he got on the gas.