Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Group Buys & Hot Deals (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   CHEAP: Universal luggage trunk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=14139)

Gas Man 04-08-2010 12:30 AM

Trip can you answer this? From my local board...

Quote:

Have you ever seen one up close and personal? I'd want to lay hands on it first. I wonder if you could remove the crappy backrest and just snug it up to the sissy bar? I can guaranteee my wife won't give up her office chair backrest for the one on the trunk.

Also wonder how much it weighs? They don't say. Most luggage racks I've seen have a limit around 10-12lbs, so if the unit weighs 5lbs. you're really cutting down on capacity.

Trip 04-08-2010 08:08 AM

no, i can't, advrider would be the place for that.

Particle Man 04-08-2010 08:40 AM

once I see how ontwo (or was it pdog?) makes out I'll see about orderin' one.

I may find an extra passenger seat and rig something up to bolt to the bottom of the case rather than put it on a luggage rack though.

ontwo 04-08-2010 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 359193)

I may find an extra passenger seat and rig something up to bolt to the bottom of the case rather than put it on a luggage rack though.

Wasn't me. I want to Nelson Rigg saddlebags to complete my set.

However, if I was going to add one, I would fab a bracket that would bolt right into where the grab bar sits. Then extend it backward. That way 1. I could use it with the wifey on back and 2. I could use it with the tail bag and saddlebags on

Amber Lamps 04-08-2010 08:28 PM

I might get one and bolt it to a spare seat. If it can hold a 150 girl, it can hold this thing.

Gas Man 04-08-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 358859)
Be worth a shot, cheap enough that resale for close to cost might work out if they didn't fit right.

Where'd the avrider link go?

Trip 04-08-2010 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 359603)
Where'd the avrider link go?

it's in ontwos luggage thread

Gas Man 04-08-2010 11:05 PM

oh yeah... DUH

Switch 04-08-2010 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 359193)

I ordered one. I'll post pics when I mount it.

Particle Man 04-11-2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontwo (Post 359242)
Wasn't me. I want to Nelson Rigg saddlebags to complete my set.

However, if I was going to add one, I would fab a bracket that would bolt right into where the grab bar sits. Then extend it backward. That way 1. I could use it with the wifey on back and 2. I could use it with the tail bag and saddlebags on

Sorry 'bout that. I'm not runnin' on a lot of sleep

Tennessee, thanks I'd love to see what it is like.