Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Too old for a sport bike? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1593)

Rider 05-30-2008 07:49 AM

Too old for a sport bike?

What do you guys think? My wife thinks I look silly on a sportbike and thinks I should get a cruiser. I'm nearly 38 BTW.

neebelung 05-30-2008 07:55 AM

Your wife is a tool. End of story.

(Sorry, no disrespect, but seriously, she wants you to buy a bike based on how she thinks you look on it? Get a grip!! :lol:)

There's a guy on our local board who's in his early 70's who still rides sportbikes. Not just rides, but collects and races. He's an incredible rider, and everyone looks up to him; and NO one would ever say he looks "silly" on a sportbike or that he's too old and should get a cruiser.

Get what you love and tell her if she wants a cruiser so badly, she can get one for herself.

JoJoYZF 05-30-2008 07:57 AM

Ive seen dudes older than you on a sportbike. If youre still comfortable on one, buy it. Thats the key, I have a buddy who is 23 with pretty bad knees that still cant get comfortable on a sportbike.

Trip 05-30-2008 07:59 AM

You are never too old to be a hooligan.

Mr Lefty 05-30-2008 08:07 AM

Fuck that... the only reason OLD people should "graduate" to a non sportbike... is if they can't take the riding position anymore...

there was a guy that lived across the street from me in AK... dude had to be mid 60's... he had a MV Agusta F4, Ducatti 748, and several others that I only saw with out their fairings (two were Ducatti's... the others I couldn't tell)

Reall nice guy but he was really fuck'n shy... though he did come out and talk to me for about 40 mins when I first got my bike out...

but buy what bike your comfortable on... chances are... in 10 years it'll be considered comfortable and relaxed compared to the new line:lol:

Rider 05-30-2008 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 46823)
Ive seen dudes older than you on a sportbike. If youre still comfortable on one, buy it. Thats the key, I have a buddy who is 23 with pretty bad knees that still cant get comfortable on a sportbike.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 46828)
Fuck that... the only reason OLD people should "graduate" to a non sportbike... is if they can't take the riding position anymore...

there was a guy that lived across the street from me in AK... dude had to be mid 60's... he had a MV Agusta F4, Ducatti 748, and several others that I only saw with out their fairings (two were Ducatti's... the others I couldn't tell)

Reall nice guy but he was really fuck'n shy... though he did come out and talk to me for about 40 mins when I first got my bike out...

but buy what bike your comfortable on... chances are... in 10 years it'll be considered comfortable and relaxed compared to the new line:lol:

Well my knees are jacked up and when I first started riding my current bike my knees would ache if I rode for longer than an hour. Now I m used to it and they don't bother me anymore.

Mr Lefty 05-30-2008 08:13 AM

like I said... if it don't bug ya... then fuck it...

bottom line... if you still have the love for the bike... let your BODY tell you your to old... not anything else... fuck everything else

Audiomechanic 05-30-2008 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 46821)
Your wife is a tool. End of story.

(Sorry, no disrespect, but seriously, she wants you to buy a bike based on how she thinks you look on it? Get a grip!! :lol:)

There's a guy on our local board who's in his early 70's who still rides sportbikes. Not just rides, but collects and races. He's an incredible rider, and everyone looks up to him; and NO one would ever say he looks "silly" on a sportbike or that he's too old and should get a cruiser.

Get what you love and tell her if she wants a cruiser so badly, she can get one for herself.

Couldn't have said it better!

Seriously though, if you can still ride one, and still want one, go get one. Who cares what you look like. Do what you enjoy.

Rider 05-30-2008 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Audiomechanic (Post 46839)
Couldn't have said it better!

Seriously though, if you can still ride one, and still want one, go get one. Who cares what you look like. Do what you enjoy.

That's exactly how I feel. But she wants me to ride with the guys that live in my neighborhood. All of them are my age and all of them ride cruisers. The guys I ride with at work all ride sport bikes buy that are all younger too.

marko138 05-30-2008 08:40 AM

You're an old bastard. Time to buy a cruiser you old buzzard.