Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Wanted (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=99)
-   -   GV1200 Madura (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20940)

Cutty72 02-17-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 505738)
Around 17.

$17, SOLD! Will you deliver? I'll make it an even $20. :)

Dave 02-17-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cutty72 (Post 506305)
$17, SOLD! Will you deliver? I'll make it an even $20. :)

haha.

SO. when it showed up it had this awful looking touring screen mounted. made that disappear and rolled off to the DMV, got the legal shit straight and printed out some INS cards and went for a ride. Its a V4 so it doesnt really thump, kinda rumbles. Sounds good though. Heavy as she is she handles really nice and the comfort level is unmatched. I have ridden a number of import and domestic cruisers and nothing has ever come close to the madura. Power, well the clutch starts slipping around 3 grand so I didnt really get to feel it. You can tell its there just cant touch it. shes a pussy cat down low though, real easy to get along with and the carbs sound great. Had a weird moment where i was wondering about it wallowing back and forth when I remembered that it is shaft driven :lol: So once again its proven true that you cant do better for your money than buying an 80's UJM. Ins is $108 for the year btw. Gotta get Liz back so we can do some two up trips this year :dribble:

Sixxxxer 02-18-2012 11:20 AM

Fuck Bitches...Ride the Bike Instead.

Just Saying...

Dave 02-18-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sixxxxer (Post 506337)
Fuck Bitches...Ride the Bike Instead.

Just Saying...

Scott, Ive never been able to be rational when it comes to Liz. Something about her has had a spell over me for 24 years.

Dave 02-20-2012 09:16 PM

Changed oil yesterday in hopes that the previous owner put syn in it and that it would help the clutch. Managed to move the slip spot up a little over 5k which makes it pretty damn rideable while I wait for the new one. Also added a charging plug and removed the exhaust wrap from the lower pipes. Shit had so much oil and road sludge in them that they smoked like crazy when they got hot.

tommymac 02-21-2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 506290)
Over the years I have owned a total of four. 1 base model and 3 Shelbys. Cheap, easy to work on and incredible performers if you know what you are doing. Still one of the best handling FWDs of all time, I'll always have a soft spot for them. The black one is slowly absorbing the red one's goodies.

Looks like shes in realy good shape.

PS I did have a chrysler laser back in the day, wound up with a coolant leak and cooked the motor though :( otherwise a prety good little car.

Dave 02-21-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 506516)
Looks like shes in realy good shape.

PS I did have a chrysler laser back in the day, wound up with a coolant leak and cooked the motor though :( otherwise a prety good little car.

Im assuming the first part is towards the bike. Yeah, shes a beaut for the age. Really only needs some little things and I'd be confident to ride it anywhere.

Sorry to hear about your Laser, the 2.2s were damned near bombproof as far as motors go but there were a few spots where they were lacking, like the pool of stagnant coolant at cyl#4...most Turbo Dodge enthusiasts mount drilled 180* thermostats first thing, Most over 300hp tap the water jacket on the back of the head and run a line to another tap on the top on the water pump.

Porkchop 02-24-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 506315)
haha.

SO. when it showed up it had this awful looking touring screen mounted. made that disappear and rolled off to the DMV, got the legal shit straight and printed out some INS cards and went for a ride. Its a V4 so it doesnt really thump, kinda rumbles. Sounds good though. Heavy as she is she handles really nice and the comfort level is unmatched. I have ridden a number of import and domestic cruisers and nothing has ever come close to the madura. Power, well the clutch starts slipping around 3 grand so I didnt really get to feel it. You can tell its there just cant touch it. shes a pussy cat down low though, real easy to get along with and the carbs sound great. Had a weird moment where i was wondering about it wallowing back and forth when I remembered that it is shaft driven :lol: So once again its proven true that you cant do better for your money than buying an 80's UJM. Ins is $108 for the year btw. Gotta get Liz back so we can do some two up trips this year :dribble:

Welcome to V4 goodness!!!

Sorry about your girl.....

No Worries 04-05-2012 12:11 AM

In case you want another one: http://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/2940763088.html

Dave 04-05-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No Worries (Post 509871)

ghaaaaa what did they do to it? looks like shit.

btw, this bike is scary fast for its size/weight.