Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Southeast Riders (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Georgia to have motorcycle checkpoints? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=18263)

pauldun170 02-16-2011 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 450445)
they came to nassau county a few yrs ago, I know theres been talk of the speeding cameras for a while now. once you know where they are you just slow down then go back to cruising speed ;) that and it would be a matter of time before theyre vandalized anyway.

They are in Suffolk county now. My wife and sister both got nailed.

tommymac 02-16-2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 450504)
They are in Suffolk county now. My wife and sister both got nailed.

No shit, I thought they were stil fighting over them on the state level, guess they need soem cash to help pay these grossly overpaid cops.

pauldun170 02-16-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 450530)
No shit, I thought they were stil fighting over them on the state level, guess they need soem cash to help pay these grossly overpaid cops.

Correction, red light cameras in Suffolk...not speed cameras.

tommymac 02-16-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 450533)
Correction, red light cameras in Suffolk...not speed cameras.

ok, those have been in nassau for a year or 2 now. theres lists of all the locations floating around the internet, I am sure the list for suffolk is out there too.

Gas Man 02-17-2011 01:17 AM

It's real...funded by NTSB
http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2011/02...ona-bike-week/

And my response there as well as here now

Any check point is a violation of your 4th amendment rights to privacy. They are stopping you with no probable cause and you have done nothing illegal to warrant the stop. That is why they are illegal in Michigan (where I live). I will never get out of my car unless I’m being detained for something. If then, get out of your car/truck and lock your doors, they have no reason to search your interior and tell them you don’t condone a search without a warrant. If you’re on your bike, make sure all your bags are locked, then lock your steering and ignition.

You have to take a stand for your basic rights before the liberals take them away.

pauldun170 02-17-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gas Man (Post 450567)
It's real...funded by NTSB
http://www.cyrilhuzeblog.com/2011/02...ona-bike-week/

And my response there as well as here now

Any check point is a violation of your 4th amendment rights to privacy. They are stopping you with no probable cause and you have done nothing illegal to warrant the stop. That is why they are illegal in Michigan (where I live). I will never get out of my car unless I’m being detained for something. If then, get out of your car/truck and lock your doors, they have no reason to search your interior and tell them you don’t condone a search without a warrant. If you’re on your bike, make sure all your bags are locked, then lock your steering and ignition.

You have to take a stand for your basic rights before the liberals take them away.

If it makes you feel better, round here the check points check sportbikes only.

You cruiser guys get a free pass

tommymac 02-17-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 450603)

not out by port jeff, all the hardleys with straight pipes and the squids pinging their rev limiters made them go after everybody.

Particle Man 02-17-2011 09:10 PM

Someone breaks into a house or a car and steels shit and it will never get solved... but ride a motorcycle 1 fucking mile per hour over the limit and WHAM, you're fucked.

z06boy 02-18-2011 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldun170 (Post 450603)

:whatwhat: Profiling of a different sort huh ? That just sucks.

I hope they don't start that crap here. What are they checking for...everything ?

Exhaust decibels...even reflectors and such ? I think that's all that I may get hit for...everything else is legit I believe. We have a yearly State safety inspection already and I pass that.

pauldun170 02-18-2011 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 450608)
not out by port jeff, all the hardleys with straight pipes and the squids pinging their rev limiters made them go after everybody.

Port Jeff I can see why they check everybody because the cruiser guys would get REAL annoying reving their engines as they made there way through traffic.

The LIE checkpoints were a joke.
If a sportbike, they wouldn't even check decibels or anything. If it looked like aftermarket, you got a ticket. If anything looked "changed" or non oem you got a ticket. If nothing looked outta place they would breakout the book and check for anything they got you on.

Cruisers...gotcha license? Ok move along.
I saw a custom cruiser with nos kit installed straight pipes...i think it had two 14 year old Philippine prostitutes tied to the beer kegs attached to the saddle bags....
Cop said "Nice ride" and waved him along. Guy never even had a chance to turn the bike off.

Meanwhile I had been sitting there for at least 15 minutes waiting on the guy to come back with my info.