Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Are you getting old when... (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7795)

the chi 04-29-2009 11:06 AM

Are you getting old when...

you sit on bikes at the dealer and imagine how nice it would be to have a big fat comfy seat versus a narrow plank of rubber? or an upright position versus laying on the tank?

Or when cruising down the interstate at 80mph on your SS and think how lovely it might be to have a windscreen big enough to block a little bit of the wind so you arent buffeted off the bike?

NONE_too_SOFT 04-29-2009 11:13 AM

i dont even know you anymore.

Particle Man 04-29-2009 11:13 AM

if so, then call me old. I caught myself looking at a bike based on those same attributes the other day...

Rsv1000R 04-29-2009 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 205003)
you sit on bikes at the dealer and imagine how nice it would be to have a big fat comfy seat versus a narrow plank of rubber? or an upright position versus laying on the tank?

Or when cruising down the interstate at 80mph on your SS and think how lovely it might be to have a windscreen big enough to block a little bit of the wind so you arent buffeted off the bike?

Actually I find laying on the tank quite comfortable, But I sometimes wonder if people think I'm a dweeb when I'm doing it in 25mph zones :rockwoot:

the chi 04-29-2009 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 205009)
i dont even know you anymore.

Well, I am your "momma" rae after all...:wink:

I just find myself kinda wishing for a nice comfy but still sporty ride for the street, Vstroms are rather attractive currently to me...and cheap...and then I could track my GSXR out...

the chi 04-29-2009 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rsv1000R (Post 205011)
Actually I find laying on the tank quite comfortable, But I sometimes wonder if people think I'm a dweeb when I'm doing it in 25mph zones :rockwoot:

:lol: Well, I dont so much mind laying on the tank, and Im known to do rather odd things while moving down the road (hey, I get bored easily) but well...:shrug:

NONE_too_SOFT 04-29-2009 11:16 AM

but then you'd loose all that street cred u've earned over the years.

I only call u momma rae to ur face, cause then i get to cally u milfy rae to ur back.

the chi 04-29-2009 11:17 AM

snort

Cant wait to see ya babe, been too long! You got any heart attacks in store for me this year?

NONE_too_SOFT 04-29-2009 11:18 AM

gosh, i dont think so. i've still got a week to whip something up though.

Trip 04-29-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 205003)

How about when you are thinking of selling your sportbike for a BMW GS? Touring is becoming more appealing to me and the track is starting to get less exciting.