Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Trackday Mishap.. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=1631)

dubbs 06-03-2008 05:57 PM

Trackday Mishap..

8 Attachment(s)
What's up guys..

I was supposed to be at the track Today and yesterday @ NHIS.. I was going through turn 6 which is known as the bowl.. Basically it starts going downhill, then once you hit the apex it goes up hill.. All while being 30+ degrees banked..

I was going through which what I thought was a decent pace, not too fast or too slow and then I just lowsided.. I think the rear tire came around, not sure as it happened real fast and nobody could tell me definitively what they saw.

I'm basically ok, the gear did its job for the most part, but while I was sliding I think my right boot hooked up with the ground and made me tumble a bit. I'm obviously a bit sore but my ankle is swollen as well.. Didn't actually hurt until about 3 hours after the wreck.. I'll attach some pics of the hurt up bike... I ordered frame sliders back in march but it's been a back and forth ordeal with R&G, they keep sending me the wrong shit. So now their fuck-ups have cost me a good deal of money.

rider76 06-03-2008 06:00 PM

sucks bro, you gonna fix it or get a new one?

dubbs 06-03-2008 06:03 PM

Swingarm slider def did its job.. lol..

If you notice.. My coolant bottle is from R&G and has a hole in it for the frame slider.. only thing is, im missing fuckin frame sliders.. THANKS R&G!

I would like to try to make this a track only bike.. Wondering where I should begin with fixin her up. I'd like to do it myself if possible. It has carbs so I'm pretty sure it's flooded from the tip over and not sure if the tranny is fucked, since it seems the linkage took a good hit. Looks like I need the following..

Front fairing, left fairing, and tail section (track plastics probably)
fairing stay
left clip on
rear sets
stator cover
I have another coolant bottle..

I figure with ebay involved it shouldn't be too much..

R1up0n1 06-03-2008 06:27 PM

Ehhhh damn! Thats sucks.

Mr Lefty 06-03-2008 06:55 PM

SHIT! that fucking sucks ass! I was wondering when I saw the coolant bottle! I have R&G's... I hope I got the right sliders!!!!!

damn bro... that shit's totalled to be sure... what are you gonna do?

dubbs 06-03-2008 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebbs15 (Post 48021)
SHIT! that fucking sucks ass! I was wondering when I saw the coolant bottle! I have R&G's... I hope I got the right sliders!!!!!

damn bro... that shit's totalled to be sure... what are you gonna do?

You think thats totalled?

I don't have full coverage (costs way too much to justify it) so I thought I'd fix it up with help from ebay..

JoJoYZF 06-03-2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubbs (Post 48027)

I don't have full coverage (costs way too much to justify it) so I thought I'd fix it up with help from ebay..

If the frame is scratched and not just dirty, theyd probably just total it.

DLIT 06-03-2008 08:12 PM

Ouch.

t-homo 06-03-2008 08:31 PM

Sorry to hear that man. Have fun with the new track slut.

BTW: Sue R&G for it.

Mr Lefty 06-03-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubbs (Post 48027)

frame looks scratched... 90% of the time if it's scratched it'll be totalled...

did you low side or what?