Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   "Oreo Face Cam": Body Positioning demo vid. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2847)

OreoGaborio 10-11-2008 11:01 AM

"Oreo Face Cam": Body Positioning demo vid.

Hey guys, took this vid last week up at NHMS in Loudon NH during a Tony's Track Day event & figured I'd share it w/ ya.

Unfortunately the camera internals came loose inside the bullet cam housing which made the picture SUPER shaky & WAY outta focus so I was only able to get my warm-up lap. Luckily it stayed put just long enough to get back around to the front straight.

Anyway... you guys get the idea.

YouTube - Body Positioning

Things to take notice of:
Loose upper body, arms, grip etc.
Little to no weight on the bars
Early lower-body set-up.
Looking through the turns.
Leading the bike w/ the body & "beating" it to the other side in the switch-backs.
etc, etc.

Hope ya like it.

Video was taken using the pre-packaged set up from CEdigital.com - Digital cameras, GPS navigation, refurbished and new electronics with warranties that I borrowed from my teammate.

I'll be taking it to Thunderbolt Raceway, the brand new track in New Jersey, on Monday & hopefully I can get some more video.

Dnyce 10-11-2008 12:13 PM

appreciate it.

nice music too

jeeps84 10-11-2008 02:02 PM

Great Vid. :dthumb: It'll rock when you can remake it at full speed & more than one lap.

OreoGaborio 10-18-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeeps84 (Post 78851)
Great Vid. :dthumb: It'll rock when you can remake it at full speed & more than one lap.

Thanks dude! I don't think full speed will look much different though, but I'll take another video the next time I get back up to Loudon. Unfortunately the soonest I'll be back is April :( Darn New England riding season!!!

Each spring I head down to VIR around late March/early April, then the racing season starts back up a few weeks later :rockwoot:

Trip 10-18-2008 04:09 PM

Pretty kick ass view man, thanks for posting. I really want to get my bullet cam on my front fender next time.

OreoGaborio 10-18-2008 04:15 PM

Thanks, dude.

The problem w/ the fender is sometimes they're a little flimsy & the camera can shake around a bit. Usually under the nose, slightly off-set from center (so the fender doesn't come up & hit it when you compress the suspension) is a good place. Then there's always the old standby of putting it on the tank looking through the windscreen.

A buddy of mine records all his races & he's got his on his side fairing in a super tough bullet cam housing. Give a cool view, but isn't all that crash-worthy even w/ the sturdy housing.

Amber Lamps 10-18-2008 04:29 PM

Um Pete,you don't seem to get that far off the bike. That has always been my "problem" according to track professors in the past. Is that maybe just a change in basic technique? I'd imagine that it differs based on riding style,body size and bike. For the record,I haven't been on the track in over 10 years.

OreoGaborio 10-18-2008 05:08 PM

Using the camera angle I used, it's tough to tell just how far I'm hanging off the bike. Compared to most track-day attendees I'm hanging off like a monkey. Put a less experienced rider on my bike w/ this camera & their chin & shoulders would probably never leave the field of view.

With that said, you make a good point... I'm NOT hanging off that far... you don't have to hang off all that much for it to be incredibly beneficial. Get your shoulder over your gas cap, your chin pointing through the turn & your ass 1/2 off the seat like I'm doing & you're doin pretty good.

Anyway, how far I was hanging off wasn't the point of the video... the things I was trying to demonstrate were listed in the first post.

Amber Lamps 10-18-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OreoGaborio (Post 81135)
Using the camera angle I used, it's tough to tell just how far I'm hanging off the bike. Compared to most track-day attendees I'm hanging off like a monkey. Put a less experienced rider on my bike w/ this camera & their chin & shoulders would probably never leave the field of view.

With that said, you make a good point... I'm NOT hanging off that far... you don't have to hang off all that much for it to be incredibly beneficial. Get your shoulder over your gas cap, your chin pointing through the turn & your ass 1/2 off the seat like I'm doing & you're doin pretty good.

Anyway, how far I was hanging off wasn't the point of the video... the things I was trying to demonstrate were listed in the first post.

Oh I'm sorry,I would have thought how far you hang off the bike to be encompassed by a thread with body positioning in the title....

Dnyce 10-18-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TIGGER (Post 81138)
Oh I'm sorry,I would have thought how far you hang off the bike to be encompassed by a thread with body positioning in the title....

not how far, but how was his point i believe