Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Dirt (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   ATV Gear Rec? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=13812)

the chi 03-18-2010 04:02 PM

ATV Gear Rec?

Like it says, looking for ATV gear recommendations. I know I need a helmet, I was looking at goggles, but dont know if thats something I need or may be required at some places to ride or if a sturdy pair of sunglasses would suffice. I dont plan on jumping obstacles (yet) or anything crazy, just some trail riding and muddin.

So, if you have experience and want to throw some info my way, please do!

dReWpY 03-18-2010 04:03 PM

goggles mandatory
something else is if you are riding with other ppl a chest protector is a great safety addition

the chi 03-18-2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 350739)
goggles mandatory
something else is if you are riding with other ppl a chest protector is a great safety addition

Riding with other people? As in passenger? Not the case if so. Got my own ride. :whatwhat:

dReWpY 03-18-2010 04:06 PM

no i mean with other ppl that could possibly throw roost at you

shmike 03-18-2010 04:08 PM

Goggles are definitely mandatory.

I bought my wife boots, pants and gloves when she started to ride. She will have a chest protector before hitting the track.

Dirt gear can be found cheap. There is no reason not to buy it.

What kind of quad did you get?

the chi 03-18-2010 04:15 PM

Thanks guys...

Got a Polaris 500 HO, winch and everything *happy dance*. Easily used, great shap, too good a deal to let it slip by, tho my hubby may take it and give me his Honda Rancher 400 since mine's bigger. :lol:

I've got boots, I use my knee high snake boots, tall, sturdy and waterproof. I found a helmet I want to get but since this isnt something I've done more than a couple times on the fly I dont know what exactly is entailed.

dReWpY 03-18-2010 04:16 PM

gloves, boots, chest protector, helmet, goggles

Cutty72 03-18-2010 04:17 PM

Winter riding-
Full face lid, gloves, coveralls, boots, jacket.

Summer trail riding-
ATV style lid w/sunglasses, light gloves, usually long sleeve jersey, jeans, sturdy boots

Summer mudding-
See above but add well fitted goggles

Cutty72 03-18-2010 04:18 PM

Not a bad ride... too bad it's a Popo though :lol:

Enjoy it, and don't let hubby steal it! Regardless of it being a popo, it's still a better trail/mudding rig than the Honda!

shmike 03-18-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chi (Post 350747)
Thanks guys...

Got a Polaris 500 HO, winch and everything *happy dance*. Easily used, great shap, too good a deal to let it slip by, tho my hubby may take it and give me his Honda Rancher 400 since mine's bigger. :lol:

I've got boots, I use my knee high snake boots, tall, sturdy and waterproof. I found a helmet I want to get but since this isnt something I've done more than a couple times on the fly I dont know what exactly is entailed.

OK that is a different story.

To put thing in perspective, utility quads are the Harleys of ATV'ing.

Required gear is shorts, tank top and a beer in hand. Helmets are frowned upon unless required by law.