Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   For Sale (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   FS: 1993 BMW K75S (Austin, TX) (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=20925)

JoshuaTree 02-04-2012 09:34 PM

FS: 1993 BMW K75S (Austin, TX)

4 Attachment(s)
Were it not for the crappy economy and my finding my most favorite BMW motorcycle (this K75 is a very close second), you would not ever have the chance to buy this bike.

This 1993 K75S is as mechanically solid as their reputation holds. Its a beautiful bike, but it is almost 20 years old (by production date). It has signs of it actually being ridden (shock, I know - most BMW motorcycles nowadays are lifestyle playtoys - disgusting). I got the bike in mid 2006 with 15.9K miles on it from a previous owner (2nd, I do believe) that rode it only occasionally, and had let it sit - usual neglect and issues ensuing. I fixed all the issues and have enjoyed riding this smooth, classic motorcycle.

Along the way to 53.9K miles, I've made a few upgrades: Added a topcase with additional turn signals and brake lights. Upgraded the front forks to Progressive Suspension springs. Upgraded the rear shock to a matching Progressive Suspension unit. Recently installed new BT45V's on the bike - much better than the previous set of Conti (No)Go tires. Installed Kisan Technologies SignalMinder turn signal relay (self-cancelling and same-side cancelling, t/s as running lights). Installed 'GS' Handguards to help deflect wind in the cold & rain.

Who should buy this bike:
- Someone who has had one (or at least another BMW) before
- Someone who is looking for their third, fourth, or ninth bike... ;)
- Anyone who truly knows that any day on two wheels in the cold rain is better than the brightest, sunny day inside a car

Who should NOT buy this bike:
- New Riders (This is NOT the bike for you)
- Squids (If you have to ask what this is, you're not one - maybe)
- If you crash a lot (or recently) on your current and past motorcycles

Terms:
CASH ONLY (As in US Dollars, no checks, money orders, bank wire transfers, etc.)
AS-IS, WHERE-IS, WITH ALL FAULTS (legalese for if you buy it, its yours)
LOCAL PICKUP ONLY - I will NOT ship it (but I might consider riding it to you within a reasonable distance once you've bought the bike)

Please be informed - do your research/homework before you contact me.

P.S. If you give me my asking price, there are "extras" and regular maintenance parts that will be yours. No I won't be specific in the ad, but you'll be glad you did pay what I'm asking. ;)

azoomm 02-05-2012 09:12 AM

This is one hellova bike....

dReWpY 02-05-2012 09:22 AM

Price?

G-Rex 02-05-2012 09:49 AM

Price is $3250 from his CL ad.

I'll second Moira's comment. You won't find a better maintained motorcycle, ever. Josh's OCD makes the rest of us look like slobs.

derf 02-05-2012 12:07 PM

ahhhhhhhh! I would easily trade my CBR for this

Mr Lefty 02-05-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 505436)

so do it. I'm sure you could sell the CBR quick to some squid

azoomm 02-05-2012 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 505436)

How about sell the CBR and give Josh the cash. :) I'm pretty sure Josh would have no use for a CBR.