Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Track (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   AMA Daytona 200 (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=18505)

tommymac 03-14-2011 05:34 PM

I got to watch pickup truck qualifying on speed :td:

smileyman 03-14-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 456748)
Dude crash and twowheelblog don't even cover ama. We need to adopt the bsb rulebook and leave shit be

Word. Been hoping for that for awhile. Drop the XR Races, drop the prepubescent SS series, run 2 Superbike races and 2 Middleweight races per weekend. Let club racing train the up and comers (works for the CMRA and WERA).

With only 2 classes, stable rules, and a forcibly higher grid count you should attract more sponsors, more media attention, and could possibly start paying better further back in the field.

As it is alot of riders are making less than minimum wage on teams funded by shoestrings against 2-3 teams with budgets. No one will bite on that kinda deal knowing it only pays real money if you manage a podium..

z06boy 03-15-2011 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 456700)
Ducati gets its first 200 win...Thanks to the DMG allowing them AN ENGINE CHANGE with 15 laps to go...

You know any other sanctioning body that permits engine changes? Really?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 456716)
I watched it last night and was seething mad. The red flag was bullshit to begin with. They must have interviewed every rider and noone claimed front tire issues but eslick. Race never should have stopped. That engine should never have been allowed to change and he shouldn't have fucking restarted from second. I've no doubt in my mind that stopping the race and letting disalvo start second with a fresh motor stole it from zemke.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 456727)
I woulda been livid. But I saw how lost DMG was in 09 and just have the lowest expectation possible. Shame really that our talented bunch of racers and teams we have left must contend with this BS...

:iagree: Complete BS !!

Thanks for the links. :cheers:

L8 Braker 03-16-2011 06:13 PM

Speed played the whole damn thing today!!!

Aside from the political AMA/DMG crap, it was one helluva race!!...I used to go every year to watch, but when Honda dropped out, I lost interest...I can honestly say the race was so good, I'll be returning next year...

So back to the race...It was tight from the start, with lots of great action...Then the freaky incident with DiSalvo losing a cylinder happened...They even interviewed him, and he was saying how his day was done, but they'd be ready for the next race (little did he know his fate)....

Later, a rider would crash for no apparent reason when his front tire tucked in, prompting DMG to have a red flag and long delay of the race...AMA would mandate a front tire change for EVERYONE, citing perceived safety reasons...During the red flag, riders would be interviewed about the condition of the track and state their bikes were more than manageable...

So the race re-started, and the race to the finish rocked!!...Lots of passing, dicing, lead changes, and overall great racing...Right before the finish line was the Josh Herrin debacle, with 3 riders crashing out while battling for the win...

DiSalvo would be the victor, with lots of questions as to why he was allowed back in the race...

I will be watching more AMA this year for sure :)

smileyman 03-17-2011 09:26 AM

http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/...16dmgexpla.htm

So the Daytona 147 was won by a bike that should have been reset to scoring on lap one after an engine swap. And the crashers on the final lap that never made it to the finish got red flag scored ahead of other riders that did make it to the finish. And they have timing and scoring that doesnt work right and a control tire that is out of control...

I think it is safe for me to push cancel on the DVR for the rest of this years fiasco...

Dave 03-17-2011 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smileyman (Post 457374)
http://www.superbikeplanet.com/2011/...16dmgexpla.htm

So the Daytona 147 was won by a bike that should have been reset to scoring on lap one after an engine swap. And the crashers on the final lap that never made it to the finish got red flag scored ahead of other riders that did make it to the finish. And they have timing and scoring that doesnt work right and a control tire that is out of control...

I think it is safe for me to push cancel on the DVR for the rest of this years fiasco...

What

The

Fuck

?

Seriously? If you bin it before crossing the line you should finish without points. I noticed that article completely ignored disalvo restarting from the second position on the grid when he damn sure wasn't there when he retired

shmike 03-17-2011 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 457381)
What

The

Fuck

?

Seriously? If you bin it before crossing the line you should finish without points. I noticed that article completely ignored disalvo restarting from the second position on the grid when he damn sure wasn't there when he retired

That's because they went a lap back from the red flag.

Seems to me that since there was a red flag at the end, the results should be based on one lap back too. :idk:

defector 03-17-2011 11:26 AM

Man, I don't know what the hell is going on with this AMA stuff.

But thanks for the torrents anyway, Dave. :rockwoot:

Dave 03-17-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by defector (Post 457397)
Man, I don't know what the hell is going on with this AMA stuff.

But thanks for the torrents anyway, Dave. :rockwoot:

No problem man.

Btw for folks on the list. This weekend is another drill for me and we are in the field so no lappy. Underground doesn't play nice with android so unless I can convince victoria to send out qual Saturday night don't expect mail till Sunday.

And as per usual if you want in on the list send me a pm with your email address

'73 H1 Triple 03-19-2011 10:42 AM

Just got this in a email from a friend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBpzAFlaJks