Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Leathers tucked in or out? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9601)

derf 07-27-2009 01:22 AM

Leathers tucked in or out?

Ok, so here is something I never understood, why is it that some folks tuck their leathers into their boots, while others wear them outside their boots, I had never thought about it until I saw it on moto gp today and it got me thinking

BobTheBiker 07-27-2009 01:27 AM

I think its personal preference really. I go either way depending on what pair of leathers I'm wearing at the time.

derf 07-27-2009 01:30 AM

My leathers don't even fit over my boots, I never even thought of wearing them over the boots

Mrs. Colleen 07-27-2009 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 247314)
My leathers don't even fit over my boots, I never even thought of wearing them over the boots

:withstupid:

But I went riding with a guy a few weeks ago and he left his pants unzipped at the bottom and over his boots. :idk:

Homeslice 07-27-2009 01:53 AM

Real race suits are meant to be tucked into the boots. Yes, Dainese made a suit that went over the boot, but not many people bought it, and I'm pretty sure it faded out.

Amber Lamps 07-27-2009 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 247319)
Real race suits are meant to be tucked into the boots. Yes, Dainese made a suit that went over the boot, but not many people bought it, and I'm pretty sure it faded out.

My old leather pants went over the boots and I preferred it personally. I didn't like the added bulk in my boot. besides, I think it looks better, myself.

was92v 07-27-2009 07:14 AM

My opinion is that tucked in is better for crash protection. Pant legs and jacket sleeves catch and roll or pull up when they are exposed. boots help hold them in place and doesn't offer an edge to catch when sliding. It is the same reason I always buy gloves with a gauntlet. In the old days everyone wore lace up work or combat boots for riding and there was no place to tuck the legs into.

Mr Lefty 07-27-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 247319)

Rossi's suit still goes OVER his boots. so can't really say it faded out...

but yeah it's how the suit was made... some are meant to go over others to be tucked in. also I think the type of boot you have makes a difference. ie look at the A*'s and then look at Dainese's... the top of the A*'s are huge it'd look retarded pulling your suit over that.

Amber Lamps 07-27-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eBBs15 (Post 247329)
Rossi's suit still goes OVER his boots. so can't really say it faded out...

but yeah it's how the suit was made... some are meant to go over others to be tucked in. also I think the type of boot you have makes a difference. ie look at the A*'s and then look at Dainese's... the top of the A*'s are huge it'd look retarded pulling your suit over that.

Ah the A* are adjustable and my jeans/textile pants pull over them just fine even with my leg armor in them.:idk:

Amber Lamps 07-27-2009 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by was92v (Post 247326)
My opinion is that tucked in is better for crash protection. Pant legs and jacket sleeves catch and roll or pull up when they are exposed. boots help hold them in place and doesn't offer an edge to catch when sliding. It is the same reason I always buy gloves with a gauntlet. In the old days everyone wore lace up work or combat boots for riding and there was no place to tuck the legs into.

I've honestly looked at the sleeve thing critically and the sleeve on all of my jackets are too thick/stiff to move more than an inch or so.... I know an inch of exposed skin is an inch of exposed skin but the location of that gap makes it an unlikely place for road rash. IMHO Btw I've crashed in jeans several times and I've never had a pair "roll up" or "pull up" significantly. I don't see how leather would be any more likely to... besides, my friend, we've all seen Rossi crash many times and I've never seen his pants "roll up".:lol: