Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Slippery Seat? Good or Bad? (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2234)

jtemple 08-15-2008 05:05 PM

Slippery Seat? Good or Bad?

My leathers kind of grip the stock seat on my 10. I'm kind of wondering if that's a good thing or not. When hanging off, I think I'd rather be able to easily slide from side to side, rather than having to pick my butt up off my seat to do it. Am I correct? Is there some kind of seat covering I can replace the stock one with to accomplish that? Is a slippery seat a bad idea? I suppose I could try some Armor All or something.

Trip 08-15-2008 05:08 PM

preference based, I like a slippery seat, some people go out of their way to make sure they can't move around as easy with stomp grips and such.

t-homo 08-15-2008 05:11 PM

I have a slippery seat, which I like for moving side to side, but stompgrip to keep from sliding forward and backward so much.

Gunther1000 08-15-2008 05:19 PM

Man, I would have to say no to the slipery... But if your leathers stard to grab and Bunch up on it at all it would get pretty annoying. My seat has a carbon look weave to it that gives it just enough of grip and slip. Dirt bike wise I have always hated the gripper seats and prefered a stock slipery one but on the street I would rather stay planted for those corners where you are hanging off and waiting for the next apex instead of repositioning. Nothing like an oh shit slip and throttle jerk at that point to fuck up your line I guess.

Sixxxxer 08-15-2008 05:25 PM

I prefer a 'Grippier' Seat...As for a Passenger...My Buddy has what i call 'Ass Gripper' On the rear seat and I need to buy it for my bike, My Fiancee moves all around when we ride and it annoys the shit out fo me.

On a sde note I've seen Stomp Grip start to Chafe a Really Expensive Leather Suit...Which is no good.

the chi 08-15-2008 05:30 PM

Take my word for it, you DONT want to armorall that seat, especially not when you ride with leathers. Unless you like sliding right off everytime you leave a light or accelerate!

If the leathers are sticking, try using a leather conditioner, same for your seat, that may help. Stomp grips also are a preferred method. I havent had any problems myself and prefer to go without the grips as they dont allow me the freedom of movement i prefer. Good luck! :dthumb:

OneSickPsycho 08-15-2008 06:07 PM

Stop Armor-All'ing that motherfucker! My dad and I did that once... read, ONCE... when we first got WaveRunners...

FT BSTRD 08-15-2008 06:15 PM

I use Honda Polish on mine. It has a bit of a cross weave pattern on it and the leathers don't slide. This forces me to stand up and relocate and screws up the body position.

I prefer a slicker surface.

No Worries 08-15-2008 06:25 PM

I prefer to keep my butt square on the seat and move my upper body from side to side. It makes for smooth transitions. To move my butt around, I'm weighing and unweighing the pegs. That upsets my line and the steering geometry of the bike. Plus it takes too long to shift my butt during a string of tight S-curves. The main thing is to have my body centerline (the middle of my chest) to the inside of the bike's centerline.

Cutty72 08-15-2008 06:35 PM

I prefer it somewhat grippier. On the track, other than the straight, my weight is on the pegs and I'm off the seat a bit to move back and forth anyway. On the streets I like to stick to it unless i WANT to move.