Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   News Desk (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   More drug war BS, finally starting to clear. (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15683)

More drug war BS, finally starting to clear.

MDMA has never killed anyone.

The Ecstasy deaths reported by the government were later attributed to a lab error, and were in fact caused by Methamphetamine.

The "apology", and "correction" of this "error" (a full 6 months later) was never reported as widely as the initial report that stated that Ecstasy kills (the original report is still repeated as gospel in the press to this day).

Many professionals were already starting to use it to treat various psychological conditions.

As usual, the government demonized it as a horrible drug, lied to everyone, and put a lot of people in jail (and to work, putting people in jail).

However, for whatever reason, they seem to be finally relenting, and as of '04, they apparently let some doctors actually begin studying MDMA.

To no one's surprise (at least no one who actually knows how much the government fucking lies about these kinda things, that is), nobody in the study had an adverse reaction to this comparably safe drug, and in fact, it turns out the shit is EIGHTY THREE PERCENT EFFECTIVE in treating PTSD!!!

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...004887,00.html

Drug companies would KILL for a drug that effective in trials.

I'll let you all take this in (as this is something I already knew, but just simply adore having finally confirmed in the press), and then I'll tell you all about the next big one the government is "hiding" from everyone:

Ketamine (aka "Special K"). Horse tranquilizer.

Funny little thing about it.

It fucking cures depression about as well as MDMA apparently cures PTSD (think for just a second what THAT would do to the big drug companies who make BILLIONS on depression meds)...but I suppose that's for another study, and another Time article, yet to come...but you can say you heard it here first...

:scared:

Adeptus_Minor 07-21-2010 05:11 AM

There are only two bad things I've heard about E.
One of which is that less conscientious chemists sometimes cut it with substances to which some people have bad reactions.

The other is that poorly moderated recreational use can cause (or perhaps exacerbate) issues with brain chemistry.

My experience doesn't confirm or deny either of these. :idk:
Still, the possibility that it could hold some benefits is good to hear.

nhgunnut 07-21-2010 06:49 AM

A significant fact that is ignored by those using recreational drugs in general is that people producing drugs like MDMA are not governed nor is there any quality control. Ad to that the majority of the people cooking (By in large they are NOT CHEMISTS but guys with names like Porkchop and Twitch) are users themselves. So strength and uniformity of dose are simply not predictable. Additionally it is relatively common practice for people to mix cheaper compounds to mimic the more expensiveones, (here on the east coast were were seeing high doses of DM + methamphetamine sold as MDMA )
One more issue that is MDMA specific. This is a fairly complex amphetamine based drug and a difficult drug to make, amateurs often get close but wind up producing compound that mimic most of the effects but produce a drug that shuts off the body's ability to regulate internal body temperature. Hyperthermia is common and lots of the deaths attributed to MDMA are actualy the result of this sloppy chemistry. ( a fact that could easily be addressed by legalization)
For the record MDMA is a stimulant based Hallucinogen that overdrives the the dopamine and with frequent use will cause the development of paranoid aggressive personality. (this is because it is a stimulant)
to look up confirmation

Abuse anything and you're fucked.

It's never killed anyone, but in typical government fashion, the propaganda was just fucking hyperbolic.

tommymac 07-21-2010 08:10 AM

A lotof people in the hospital use ketamine for conscious sedation on patients for procedures. Seems to be well tolerated and side affects are minimal.

Trip 07-21-2010 08:22 AM

Don't wind up in the federal courts of the eastern disctrict of Tennessee, Avy. I will put you in jail too.

nhgunnut 07-21-2010 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip (Post 394948)
Don't wind up in the federal courts of the eastern disctrict of Tennessee, Avy. I will put you in jail too.

Yup then are the rules

Mudpuppy 07-21-2010 10:08 AM

the constitution was written on hemp paper and washington and jefferson were pot heads.. put that in your pipe and smoke it..

shmike 07-21-2010 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mudpuppy (Post 394997)
the constitution was written on hemp paper and washington and jefferson were pot heads.. put that in your pipe and smoke it..

Unless you have evidence that Washington and Jefferson were the original purveyors of Vick's inhalers and glow sticks, you're in the wrong thread.

Kaneman 07-21-2010 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 394943)
A lotof people in the hospital use ketamine for conscious sedation on patients for procedures. Seems to be well tolerated and side affects are minimal.

That's what they used on my step-son and his brother for the first week or so in the ICU. They did have to ween the boys off with Methadone (sp?), but I believe that was due to another narcotic painkiller they were on, maybe morphine...

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 395023)
Unless you have evidence that Washington and Jefferson were the original purveyors of Vick's inhalers and glow sticks, you're in the wrong thread.

:lol: :lol: