Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If you could do anything...Part 2 (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=9437)

Flexin 07-20-2009 05:14 PM

If you could do anything...Part 2

To add on to HurricaneHeather's thread.

Why are you not doing what you want right now? Triple gave some reasons. What about the rest of the people that posted?

James

CrazyKell 07-20-2009 05:16 PM

I'm on the path to doing what I want to do.

I've started a company for writing this year and I'm also working my way up in a company that will allow me to use that. :shrug:

I think a lot of people are afraid to really be happy. :idk:

HurricaneHeather 07-20-2009 05:18 PM

So a list of the all the excuses, huh? :lol:

I just sent my husband to school last year so he can follow his dreams. Now there are no jobs for him to have in that field since people keep crashing planes and shit. :rolleyes:

Plus, I have no idea what I would do if I could live my dream. I wouldn't work probably. :lol:

Flexin 07-20-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather (Post 244186)
So a list of the all the excuses, huh? :lol:

I just sent my husband to school last year so he can follow his dreams. Now there are no jobs for him to have in that field since people keep crashing planes and shit. :rolleyes:

Plus, I have no idea what I would do if I could live my dream. I wouldn't work probably. :lol:

LOL. NO excuses. Real reasons why people can't.

What job did your husband go to school for?

If you don't really know what you want to do its really hard to give a reason why you can't do it.

James

HurricaneHeather 07-20-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexin (Post 244194)
LOL. NO excuses. Real reasons why people can't.

What job did your husband go to school for?

If you don't really know what you want to do its really hard to give a reason why you can't do it.

James

Pilot. He has all the certifications, but since he has no experience and the airline industry has been in the crapper for such a long time, no one is moving up so all the entry level jobs are currently occupied by pilots who have been working for 2 or 3 years. It'll turn around eventually, but it sucks right now. :shrug:

askmrjesus 07-20-2009 05:34 PM

I don't have a mini-sub.

And I live in the mountains.

Stupid mountains, they're crushing my dreams!

JC

azoomm 07-20-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyKell (Post 244184)
I'm on the path to doing what I want to do.

I've started a company for writing this year and I'm also working my way up in a company that will allow me to use that. :shrug:

I think a lot of people are afraid to really be happy. :idk:

Why not just write? I'm confused as to why you would need the process?

As for the thread, i'm learning a lot about following your heart and doing what matters in life. There are always compromises, it is my belief that everything as attainable if you can compromise.

EpyonXero 07-20-2009 05:42 PM

The one thing I always wanted to do was be a military pilot. Unfortunately I was born with a heart murmur which automatically disqualifies me from joining the military. Im also 6'8" which disqualifies me from fitting in most cockpits :lol:.

So my backup plan was to become an Ocean Engineer and so far so good, I recently got a job offer to be a Test Engineer for the Naval Surface Warfare Centers.

Flexin 07-20-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EpyonXero (Post 244214)
The one thing I always wanted to do was be a military pilot. Unfortunately I was born with a heart murmur which automatically disqualifies me from joining the military. Im also 6'8" which disqualifies me from fitting in most cockpits :lol:.

So my backup plan was to become an Ocean Engineer and so far so good, I recently got a job offer to be a Test Engineer for the Naval Surface Warfare Centers.

See those are two good reasons.

And rather then cry about what you can't do your finding something else you might enjoy. :rockwoot: Are you going to take the job?

James

the chi 07-20-2009 05:47 PM

I got married young instead of going to vet school like I dreamed my entire life. All the years following I've fought to keep my head above bills, mortgage, car payments etc. I know all about living beyond ones means. I am just now, at almost 28 in a position to be able to go back to school and get into doing something I want, versus what I need to do to pay the bills.