Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Touring (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   GAP July 10 - 13 [Michigan to Tenn] (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7749)

Gas Man 04-27-2009 05:46 PM

GAP July 10 - 13 [Michigan to Tenn]

My bud and I are planning a trip to the GAP to celebrate his new job training graduation.

Ride down on Friday...

Leave hr say 10am (7.5hrs google) but with stops puts up there abt 7pm or so. Friday gets trashed pretty much besides maybe dinner.

Sat & Sun hittin the roads and seein the sights.

Leave early mon, cause I got to be back for work tuesday.

So a few questions...

Anybody want to join? Drewpy? Trip?

Also, I want a travel guide for when we are down there. Both for the non-GAP roads and good eats. Nothing too intense... we're on cruisers.

Tips on where to stay?? Its just me and one bud so we can share a room, not a bed, but a room.

Trip 04-27-2009 06:15 PM

I will be in for some riding most definitely. I will give you a call and give you some tips.

Gas Man 04-27-2009 06:18 PM

Sure thing Trip. Call me... I'm off till Thursday so anytime!

Looni2ns 04-27-2009 06:21 PM

There's a Microtel in downtown Robbinsville that's not too bad. Fontana Lodge is a good place, too. Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge is nice, easy to get to and run by some great folks. Two Wheel Inn has a little garage right next to your room.

Better yet, go to www.tailofthedragon.com. There are links to different places to stay. If it's on Ron and Nancy's site, it's a decent place to stay. Ron and Nancy also have cabins if you get others to join you. All have garages for your bikes, and supplies to clean them up after a day's ride. Their place is on Hwy 143, just before you get on the Cherohala. The rode from Robbinsville up to their place is good since they've completed the resurfacing project.

You can also stay at the motel at CRoT.

Be sure and go by Wheeler's to say hello, grab a soda, and get your bike worked on, or just to visit.

Gas Man 04-27-2009 09:04 PM

I think I'm going to stay near Trip.

So who's going to join in with us?

Mr Lefty 04-27-2009 09:06 PM

well since I'm not invited... I think I'll just fuck'n crash this bitch fest! :lol:

I'll keep the dates in mind... hopefully it's one of my down weekends (3 day) so it'll be easier to get leave.

Trip 04-27-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looni2ns (Post 203767)
You can also stay at the motel at CRoT.

Yeah, if you book a year in advance.

Gas Man 04-27-2009 09:14 PM

Ebbs... you're not in the area so that's why I didn't list you. But please by all means COME ON UP. That would ROCK!

Mr Lefty 04-27-2009 09:15 PM

you know me gas... I'm in the REGION! :lol: if I can get the time off I'll be there... it's only a 9hr ride to trips...

dReWpY 04-27-2009 09:18 PM

i am game, i will actually have time and a lil more money by then so i could be possibly be down for this