Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Street (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Rubber Side Down (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=22319)

SvRider 06-06-2013 08:49 PM

Rubber Side Down

So a buddy of mine just finished his MSF course. He has no other prior riding experience, and never has ridden on the street before.
But he has gotten himself hooked on getting a Commerative Edition Gixxer 1000... (~14k)

I have tried to talk him into not buying a new bike, let alone a 1000, but he has persisted...

Today he called me up and told me he bought it... :skep:

For his sake I hope he stays rubber side down...

Rangerscott 06-06-2013 09:26 PM

Hope he doesnt like taco bell.

OneSickPsycho 06-06-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 529878)
Hope he doesnt like taco bell.

:lol

DLIT 06-07-2013 01:28 AM

Mother of fuck, what a mistake!

Particle Man 06-07-2013 06:22 AM

Well, at least he took the MSF. Best thing you can do at this point is make sure he invests in some decent gear beyond just a helmet, tank top, and sneakers...

Tmall 06-07-2013 07:30 AM

Be sure to rub it in when he fucks up. For your sake, I hope your friend is ok. For his sake, hopefully he learns a lesson.

SvRider 06-07-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 529882)
Well, at least he took the MSF. Best thing you can do at this point is make sure he invests in some decent gear beyond just a helmet, tank top, and sneakers...

Yea. So yesterday he rolls up to the house with his new Gixxer, in a t shirt, shorts and chucks. He at least had a helmet.

:wtfru:
I face palmed and handed him my Icon leather jacket and draggin jeans and said to go change for the ride home or I was taking his keys. Couldnt help his chucks... but at least he got home safe.

Bike was sick, but I expect him to have an oh sh** moment real soon...

JoJoYZF 06-07-2013 10:39 PM

I've been looking to move to a liter gixxer this season or this off season after 5 years on a bike and still can't justify $14k for a new one lol

azoomm 06-08-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 529903)
I've been looking to move to a liter gixxer this season or this off season after 5 years on a bike and still can't justify $14k for a new one lol

Keep watching this thread. There might be one available soon. :wink:

Hope your buddy doesn't become a statistic.

JoJoYZF 06-08-2013 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 529910)

Hope your buddy doesn't become a statistic.

:lol Good point

Porkchop 06-08-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 529903)

You Gixxer squid.... :lol:

JoJoYZF 06-09-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 529912)
You Gixxer squid.... :lol:

Possibly lol, just got a lead on a steal on a 50th anny R1 that I'd be stupid to pass up. Depends on what is available when mine sells.

Particle Man 06-09-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 529910)

:lmao:

Porkchop 06-09-2013 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 529919)
Possibly lol, just got a lead on a steal on a 50th anny R1 that I'd be stupid to pass up. Depends on what is available when mine sells.

That's better. :lol:

SvRider 06-10-2013 12:51 PM

Well... he did it.... he dropped it at a light.
Scratched up the right side, and cracked the fairing. Also he bent the front brake lever and broke the right mirror as well.

No frame sliders...

At least he was at a stop :td:

Porkchop 06-10-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvRider (Post 529950)
Scratched up the right side, and cracked the fairing. Also he bent the front brake lever and broke the right mirror as well.

No frame sliders...

*Facepalm* :doh:

SvRider 06-10-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Porkchop (Post 529951)
*Facepalm* :doh:

Yea, I hate him right now. :lol:

I bet tomorrow he tries to turn around and sell it..

Lucky for him he paid cash, so he isnt financing it

JoJoYZF 06-10-2013 04:08 PM

That didn't take long. With a liter bike, he's just damn lucky he didn't do something real stupid, like anything involving a new rider and a throttle on a 160hp bike...

DLIT 06-10-2013 06:14 PM

Jesus fuck, I was just gonna say we should start taking bets on the inevitable but it already happened!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 529969)
That didn't take long. With a liter bike, he's just damn lucky he didn't do something real stupid, like anything involving a new rider and a throttle on a 160hp bike...

Give it time.

SvRider 06-10-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 529974)
Jesus fuck, I was just gonna say we should start taking bets on the inevitable but it already happened!

Give it time.

Yea, unfortunately.... I am almost willing to bet he sells it, and buys a busa....

Any bets on whats next??
Busa?
Zx-14?
Duc 1199?

:skep:

I almost feel bad for the guy... but, nahhh, I told him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 529969)

Scary thing is Money is no issue... so he can go and replace this one real quick no problem.

Rangerscott 06-10-2013 10:33 PM

Well, there's your deal on a new gsxr.

JoJoYZF 06-10-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 529974)

Give it time.

Betting on that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvRider (Post 529978)
Yea, unfortunately.... I am almost willing to bet he sells it, and buys a busa....

Any bets on whats next??
Busa?
Zx-14?
Duc 1199?

:skep:

I almost feel bad for the guy... but, nahhh, I told him.

Scary thing is Money is no issue... so he can go and replace this one real quick no problem.

Lifestyles of the rich and stupid?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 529986)
Well, there's your deal on a new gsxr.

Agreed. Tell him since its damaged I'll buy it at a deep discount. Wouldn't want want him to be trying to look cool on a scratched bike....

'73 H1 Triple 06-11-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvRider (Post 529950)

No frame sliders...

Damn, I just knew something stupid was going to happen. The only good part was this lesson was low speed.

You need a lighter, used bike to learn on. This stupid shit happens and it doesn't cost a million dollars to fix something used.

I guess this where I had a definite advantage learning to ride in the dirt. If you didn't crash, you weren't pushing hard enough. :lol: A couple hundred pound dirtbike is easier to handle when you wash the front end too.

SvRider 06-11-2013 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 529999)
Damn, I just knew something stupid was going to happen. The only good part was this lesson was low speed.

You need a lighter, used bike to learn on. This stupid shit happens and it doesn't cost a million dollars to fix something used.

I guess this where I had a definite advantage learning to ride in the dirt. If you didn't crash, you weren't pushing hard enough. :lol: A couple hundred pound dirtbike is easier to handle when you wash the front end too.

Well... he did it... He bought a new bike today... But this time smaller bike...:lol:

Triumph Daytona 675... black n gold....:dribble:
I took it out for a ride, Boooya!

I had never ridden one before... very nice; too bad he will be riding it, I hope he doesnt mess this one up. (the gixxer is in his garage)

Rangerscott 06-11-2013 09:32 PM

He's a dumbass.

Particle Man 06-12-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvRider (Post 530007)
Well... he did it... He bought a new bike today... But this time smaller bike...:lol:

I had never ridden one before... very nice; too bad he will be riding it, I hope he doesnt mess this one up. (the gixxer is in his garage)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 530011)
He's a dumbass.

Apparently a "dumbass" with too much money?

I have ridden the Daytona - that one is not for the faint of heart either...

Rangerscott 06-12-2013 08:30 AM

Ive read tye seating position sucks major but damn theyre sexy.

SvRider 06-12-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 530014)
Apparently a "dumbass" with too much money?

I have ridden the Daytona - that one is not for the faint of heart either...

Yep... he's a rich mfer, with money to burn. He's got a Tesla, a Ferrari and lives in Blackhawk.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 530025)

Yea, it was different. But then again I am used to my SV, but yea freakin sick, loved it.

Rangerscott 06-12-2013 02:35 PM

I want their sport tourer to go with my vfr.

fasternyou929 06-12-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

He's a dumbass.

Because he can afford a nicer bike than you? :lol Jealous people are funny.

So if he bought a clapped out used bike and dropped it, that'd be fine because it falls within your budget capabilities. But if he can afford to buy, drop, and replace a new bike and still get his bills paid, he's a dumbass. Ooooookay.

Porkchop 06-12-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 530025)

The old ones yes. The new 2013's are much better. I believe the saddle is 10mm lower and the clip-ons are 5mm higher. I've heard it really makes a big change by sitting "in" the bike more than "on" it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 530037)

So if he bought a clapped out used bike and dropped it, that'd be fine because it falls within your budget capabilities. But if he can afford to buy, drop, and replace a new bike and still get his bills paid, he's a dumbass. Ooooookay.

I'm almost certain he meant buying a brand new litre bike as a first bike as being a dumbass, not just the new bike thing.... :idk:

Rangerscott 06-12-2013 07:27 PM

Ill take my "old" bike over a new gsxr.

His monies but still a dumbass.

Cutty72 06-13-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvRider (Post 530007)

Jealous or not, I wish I had the financial ability to buy a new liter bike, drop it, and then pick up a new 675.

I'd have the Buell and a pimped cruiser in the garage...

'73 H1 Triple 06-13-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

He's a dumbass.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 530037)

No, he's a dumbass because he purchased a cycle that far exceeded his riding capabilities and experience.

The Triumph 675 may be too much too. His only saving grace on that is if he can short shift to stay out of the serious power.

I hope he doesn't ride faster than his guardian angel can fly.

fasternyou929 06-13-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 530081)
No, he's a dumbass because he purchased a cycle that far exceeded his riding capabilities and experience.

The Triumph 675 may be too much too. His only saving grace on that is if he can short shift to stay out of the serious power.

I hope he doesn't ride faster than his guardian angel can fly.

Oh yeah, I forgot how much better a 600 handles AT A DEAD STOP! Bike capabilities had nothing to do with him scraping it up.

And Ranger's comment in the thread came right after him buying a new bike. If the comment was directed toward an earlier post, that's what the quote function is for (though his follow up comment pretty much negates your argument on his behalf).

SvRider 06-14-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 530084)
Oh yeah, I forgot how much better a 600 handles AT A DEAD STOP! Bike capabilities had nothing to do with him scraping it up.

And Ranger's comment in the thread came right after him buying a new bike. If the comment was directed toward an earlier post, that's what the quote function is for (though his follow up comment pretty much negates your argument on his behalf).

Update:
My buddy is in the hospital. He is pretty tore up. Broken bones, and rash.
He was taking off from a stop, gave too much throttle, panicked and grabbed the front brake, but he was able to regain control. Then around the next curve at around 50 mph lost control and high sided. The Daytona is totaled. But he's alive to tell about it.

Tmall 06-14-2013 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvRider (Post 530101)
Update:
He was taking off from a stop, gave too much throttle, panicked and grabbed the front brake, but he was able to regain control. Then around the next curve at around 50 mph lost control and high sided. The Daytona is totaled. But he's alive to tell about it.

Pics or it didn't happen. And I'm guessing no pictures will follow.

SvRider 06-14-2013 01:28 PM

What do you want pics of? We didnt take pics at the site. And I dont usually take pics of my friends in the hospital. But Ill see if I can get some of his bike.

Rangerscott 06-14-2013 02:24 PM

Get a piece of the bike and nail it to his head.

MSF should be required no matter where u live.

JoJoYZF 06-15-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvRider (Post 530101)
Update:

Wish I could say I'm surprised. Hopefully he'll recover quick and actually learn something from it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 530107)

This. And a little common sense would be nice too

Particle Man 06-15-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tmall (Post 530105)
Pics or it didn't happen. And I'm guessing no pictures will follow.

Starting to wonder myself.... Seems a tad bit too "perfect" of a story...

azoomm 06-15-2013 04:15 PM

You know what? People buy more than they can handle all the time.... I say, fuck it. Your money, your body. Go baby go.

I wish I could buy whatever I wanted whenever I want to. I'd run out of room, quick.

RedRider2k2 06-15-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 530131)
You know what? People buy more than they can handle all the time.... I say, fuck it. Your money, your body. Go baby go.

I wish I could buy whatever I wanted whenever I want to. I'd run out of room, quick.

That's pretty much my take on it too these days.

Most of the new guys think I'm checking out their sweet new ride. Reality is, I'm just eyeballing which parts might fit on my own.

fasternyou929 06-15-2013 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 530107)

Seems to be doing wonders for the guy in this thread. :lol

'73 H1 Triple 06-15-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fasternyou929 (Post 530133)
Seems to be doing wonders for the guy in this thread. :lol

:iagree: He passed the MSF course. He just purchased too much cycle (twice) for his experience.

azoomm 06-16-2013 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 530134)
:iagree: He passed the MSF course. He just purchased too much cycle (twice) for his experience.

Who is to say that? You? Me?

Fuck no. This is 'Mercia.

'73 H1 Triple 06-16-2013 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azoomm (Post 530136)
Who is to say that? You? Me?

Fuck no. This is 'Mercia.

Gravitational forces plus the laws of physics are still in effect. :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My brother used to work for a high end sport fisher boat builder ( Paul Mann ), his favorite saying was Too many dollars and not enough sense

azoomm 06-16-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by '73 H1 Triple (Post 530141)
Gravitational forces plus the laws of physics are still in effect. :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

My brother used to work for a high end sport fisher boat builder ( Paul Mann ), his favorite saying was Too many dollars and not enough sense

I'm just coming off working as a driver for a medic crew for the ROT Rally. That is Republic of Texas, or as we call it, Ride On Trailer. thousands and thousands of motorcycles flooding into a state that has a "I'm a grown up and can decide to not wear a helmet" state... And only 4 die. I say only because most are self taught, on 1200-1600cc and shit-hammered drunk.

Sure make fun of their ignorance. But, to say its more dangerous than anything we do on a daily basis is perhaps a bit rich.