Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Riding Gear (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Short cuff gloves (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=6657)

JoJoYZF 03-13-2009 03:04 PM

Short cuff gloves

I know a lot of you will only wear gauntlets, but for my 2 mile trips to work and running errands around town, I prefer to leave the gauntlets at home. Since my joe rockets are pretty beat up after 2 seasons, I need some new short cuffs. Any suggestions? Im open to most brands, except JR if theyre gonna pop seams and shit as quick as this pair did. Hoping to keep it below $100.

Rider 03-13-2009 03:06 PM

Bad idea. Get the gauntlets. They don't take any longer to put on.

JoJoYZF 03-13-2009 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 180047)
Bad idea. Get the gauntlets. They don't take any longer to put on.

I have a pair of a* gp plus' that I wear for any longer trips and any highway rides already. Like I said, for short trips around town I wear short cuffs.

neebelung 03-13-2009 03:14 PM

I love my A* SMX-3's. They're a meshie/textile MX type glove. Really comfy. I believe the SMX-6' are similar but with some leather & carbon fiber.

Rider 03-13-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 180054)
I have a pair of a* gp plus' that I wear for any longer trips and any highway rides already. Like I said, for short trips around town I wear short cuffs.

Again I don't recommend it but it's your body. Anyway, you can't go wrong with A*, Held, or Spidi. Avoid AVG Sport and Teknic.

shmike 03-13-2009 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 180055)
I love my A* SMX-3's. They're a meshie/textile MX type glove. Really comfy. I believe the SMX-6' are similar but with some leather & carbon fiber.

I've got the SMX-2's.

Love them.

I have like 4 pairs of gaunlet gloves. Short street trips are ideal for the SMX line.

neebelung 03-13-2009 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rider (Post 180057)
Again I don't recommend it but it's your body. Anyway, you can't go wrong with A*, Held, or Spidi. Avoid AVG Sport and Teknic.

Held has some new gloves coming out this spring - a gauntlet and a 3/4 (basically a shorty with an extra plate to cover the wrist bone). Flippin SWEET ASS GLOVES, but they'll be in the $250 range for the shorty (and $280 for the gauntlet). Still, :drool: gloves... *sigh*

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmike (Post 180100)
I've got the SMX-2's.

Love them.

I have like 4 pairs of gaunlet gloves. Short street trips are ideal for the SMX line.

Yeah they're great and comfy for my short commute in warmer weather.

JoJoYZF 03-13-2009 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 180104)
Held has some new gloves coming out this spring - a gauntlet and a 3/4 (basically a shorty with an extra plate to cover the wrist bone). Flippin SWEET ASS GLOVES, but they'll be in the $250 range for the shorty (and $280 for the gauntlet). Still, :drool: gloves... *sigh*

Yeah they're great and comfy for my short commute in warmer weather.

Id love some helds but 250 is a little much for short commute gloves. Im thinking of something like the octane or something similar from a*. Ill have to look into the smx series.

neebelung 03-13-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoJoYZF (Post 180149)
Id love some helds but 250 is a little much for short commute gloves. Im thinking of something like the octane or something similar from a*. Ill have to look into the smx series.

I know, they're super pricey, but dayum, they're nice.

But yeah, A* has plenty of nice, comfy options in a shorty.

p00kienrayray 03-13-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neebelung (Post 180055)

i have 3 pairs of a* short cuffs, 1 mesh/some other fabirc, 1 leather/mesh, 1 leather with plastic knuckle guards. excellent fit and comfort, & cheap, but they don't last that long. the mesh and leather suede parts around your finger tips start to wear away pretty quickly.