Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Off Topic (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Iphone 4 (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=15337)

derf 06-24-2010 04:56 PM

Iphone 4

So I just got myself a google voice number and got a call a friend who just bought an iphone 4. He hates the phone! he can't make any calls while the phone is in his hand because it drops the calls. He also said battery life is less than his older 3gs, especially with multiple programs running. And after a few hours of ownership he scratched the back of it already from putting it in his pocket with a lighter

DLIT 06-24-2010 05:08 PM

I haven't had any issues yet. Haven't tested the battery life yet, but no dropped calls. I'm hearing it's because the antennas on the side. Simply placing your hand on it in some way will drop the call. Does he have a case yet?

Porkchop 06-24-2010 05:09 PM

Droids FTW.....

DLIT 06-24-2010 05:13 PM

Arguing about phones is like arguing about the big four in bikes. None of us will maximize the potential of either one and they all do the same shit in one way or another. Bikes go fast, smartphones do smartphone things. Don't like one, get the other then. You like one, keep it then...and buy a newer model if you want.

Homeslice 06-24-2010 05:14 PM

Worrying about scratches, lol...........How about using a case, or simply a layer of clear packaging tape?

Dave 06-24-2010 05:56 PM

Saw one in the wild today. Pretty boring design if you ask me

Rangerscott 06-24-2010 06:10 PM

At least my droid doesnt drop calls. Yea. In yo face in yo face. Im surprised there hasnt been a lawsuit against apple on the iphone cant make calls situation. Youd think there would have been someone on he phone wih 911 in a real emergency and the line drop.

Trip 06-24-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DLIT (Post 386601)
Arguing about phones is like arguing about the big four in bikes. None of us will maximize the potential of either one and they all do the same shit in one way or another. Bikes go fast, smartphones do smartphone things. Don't like one, get the other then. You like one, keep it then...and buy a newer model if you want.

Maybe you can't, but I can easily max out the potential of any electronic device I have ever owned. Any phone that's out currently is too slow for me.

Trip 06-24-2010 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 386594)
So I just got myself a google voice number and got a call a friend who just bought an iphone 4. He hates the phone! he can't make any calls while the phone is in his hand because it drops the calls. He also said battery life is less than his older 3gs, especially with multiple programs running. And after a few hours of ownership he scratched the back of it already from putting it in his pocket with a lighter

Battery issues aren't addressable this early. You need at least 2 weeks of charges for the battery to start holding a charge properly. Tell your friend to keep charging and come tell us about battery life in 3 weeks.

marko138 06-24-2010 06:30 PM

Better yet, tell your friend none of us give a fuck.