Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Group Buys & Hot Deals (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Another great Harbor Freight deal (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=17148)

derf 11-17-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommymac (Post 425724)
I have had good luck with their folding trailers. had one for many years and wa sbeat to hell but it held together and just bought myself a new one with that coupon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rangerscott (Post 425740)
You fail at life.

I've never broken any HF tool I've bought unless I knew I was going to break it and didn't care.

The trailer is the only thing that has done me any good, but I've never kept one longer than I needed it either. I always just built them, replaced the wheel bearings, dragged them across country and sold it for what I put in when I got home. Other than that, even the damn screw drivers I had from them broke

Homeslice 11-17-2010 02:03 AM

cheap chinese crap

Trip 11-17-2010 02:03 AM

the ramp I got for my truck seems pretty sturdy, i am going to sell my HF trailer before it falls apart.

caveman 11-17-2010 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Particle Man (Post 425577)
Is it the vertical one? I have the same one. Loud as f**k but it works for me

You should hear Gas' air comp. I can hear that thing fire up when I am in my bedroom. and my bedroom is like on the opposite side of the house from his house and across the street. that thing would wake the dead. that and with the lift you get one good raise out of it and perhaps half of one more before it kicks back on again. if I had the spare loot layin around I would buy him a new quiet one....especially since I am over his garage so much anyhow and using that damn thing. thats the one thing I have to complain about when we are working on bikes.

shmike 11-17-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derf (Post 425719)
everything I bought from HF that has any moving parts (and most of the stuff without moving parts) has failed me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 425784)
cheap chinese crap

I snapped a Craftsman socket this weekend with my Harbor Freight breaker bar. :idk:

z06boy 11-17-2010 10:14 AM

It sure seems to be getting tougher to get away from "Made in China" or some other country besides the US these days.

I ordered a pair of Frank Thomas boots for the wife the other day online from Cycle Gear. I knew they weren't made in the US but was under the impression that they were made in Great Britian...more specifically...England.

Well they arrived yesterday and as I was inspecting them...(they are ok but not so great) I found a small tag that read "Made in Pakistan". :idk:

As far as air compressors...mine is quite loud too so last night I bought an air tank so I can use it for the tires on the bikes and vehicles and won't have to fire that loud azz compressor up each time just to add air. I bet that mofo was made in China too...didn't look but will now just to see. :lol:

Homeslice 11-17-2010 11:54 AM

Made in Pakistan = run away

Serious, they don't know how to fit or sew garments. Seems like they use some ancient 1950's maniken to fit with.

z06boy 11-17-2010 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeslice (Post 425910)
Made in Pakistan = run away

Serious, they don't know how to fit or sew garments. Seems like they use some ancient 1950's maniken to fit with.

Well luckily the boot fit perfectly...exactly like her last size 39/6 UK did.

The zipper is real stiff and tough to zip up and down so I'm a little worried about that holding up but it does say YKK on it so maybe it will be ok. The stitching looks ok but is a concern as well.

Considering they were and have been $169.95 for a long time and just went on sale for $99 with free shipping...we'll probably just keep them.

If they fail we'll just get her a pair of Alphine * or Sidi's and pay the $$ I guess.

Her last ones were 'SetUp' brand from Sidi but it looks like they don't make/import them any longer.

Dave 11-17-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L8 Braker (Post 425218)
Crazy good price...I'm thinking for the track, camping, beach :D

Sale starts November 26th...You have to get the coupon paper from the cashier...

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1371/14985385.jpg

Woot. Been waiting for this sale to roll back around

Gas Man 11-17-2010 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caveman (Post 425809)
You should hear Gas' air comp. I can hear that thing fire up when I am in my bedroom. and my bedroom is like on the opposite side of the house from his house and across the street. that thing would wake the dead. that and with the lift you get one good raise out of it and perhaps half of one more before it kicks back on again. if I had the spare loot layin around I would buy him a new quiet one....especially since I am over his garage so much anyhow and using that damn thing. thats the one thing I have to complain about when we are working on bikes.

Problem is that you can't get a decent one from like lowes or HF. They have larger tanks but the motors are WAY WAY under powered.