Two Wheel Fix

Two Wheel Fix (http://www.twowheelfix.com/index.php)
-   Model Reviews (http://www.twowheelfix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Instead of triple compounds (http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=7870)

Antwanny 05-01-2009 08:14 PM

Instead of triple compounds

I got a pair of pp2ct's tell me pros and cons.

JoJoYZF 05-02-2009 12:05 AM

Sport rider loved them, trip didnt like them. Thats all I got.

NONE_too_SOFT 05-02-2009 06:36 AM

they're gonna rot away on ur tiller just as fast as anything else. The whole tire debate is over-rated. Between corsa's and 2cts, i'll buy whichever i can find cheaper, and honestly i'll prolly even end up just w/ regular PP's again in the future. i know most of the guys that teach track days near me never get anything else.

Antwanny 05-02-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 207285)
they're gonna rot away on ur tiller just as fast as anything else. The whole tire debate is over-rated. Between corsa's and 2cts, i'll buy whichever i can find cheaper, and honestly i'll prolly even end up just w/ regular PP's again in the future. i know most of the guys that teach track days near me never get anything else.

im putting a rear on the kawi and gonna try it out. It was the same price for a set of triple compounds

JoJoYZF 05-03-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT (Post 207285)

The main reason I went with the triple compound bt016s was that I got them cheaper than I could the PPs. Otherwise it wouldve been the michelins.

deals gap dragon slayer 05-15-2009 10:39 AM

I've been using the 2CT for a little while now...

I've I've gotten good grip out of them and feedback is decent. this current set, I've got about 1k on the street and 4 trackdays...... 4 trackdays on the rear. so far they're wearing very nicely BUT i'll qualify that with the fact that the track I rode on for most of those is a VERY smooth track. Tires often barely look scrubbed in after a trackday running in the expert group.

My next track day is at Motorsport Ranch Cresson which is very rough on tires. I'll see how they hold up.

The last trackday I rode, one of the racers i was out there with approached me and asked me about my tires... and stated that he thinks they're holding me back.. and recommended I give the BT 002RS or BT003 a shot.. and I think I will for my next set of tires.

Trip 05-15-2009 10:44 AM

My opinion of the 2CTs. They are a good tire, but the tranisition between compounds is not as smooth as a Corsa III. I was getting a lot more rear wheel spin and wasn't as planted as the Corsa IIIs as well. However, in the rain, I was much much much happier to have the 2CTs. They worked well in wet conditions, where the Corsa IIIs downright suck. Overall, they are a good tire, I don't know if I would buy them again. I really like the Corsa IIIs except in the wet.

Antwanny 05-15-2009 01:29 PM

I have probably 150 miles on the 2ct and i love it so far, sticks everywhere only thing is i wonder how long it will last

dReWpY 05-15-2009 02:22 PM

not long... lol

Antwanny 05-15-2009 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drewpy (Post 212682)
not long... lol

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyy